This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

First Time you heard Wetwork???

Discussion in 'Wetwork' started by Six-winged Seraph, Jan 25, 2006.

1. Six-winged Seraph

Six-winged Seraph Without Air

The First time I heard them was at the 2nd Northern Lights, and they were incredible, I haven't seen them since, but I am looking to fix that soon, Synod is amazing! :headbang:

2. DoomsdayZach

DoomsdayZach The Professor was right

I first heard them when i recieved Synod in the mail. I write for a webzine, and like i stated in my review, it was one of the few times that i got a disc from a band that i'd heard nothing about and was completely blown away.

3. Obsidiansound

Obsidiansound Recording Aficionado

I guess the first time I heard wetwork would have been about 3 years ago at the Dungeon in Oshawa. I was totally impressed with their unique brand of technical/evil mayhem. I look forward to hearing (and hopefully recording) their new material.:worship:

4. David Gold

David Gold Son of the Darkest Blues

The first time I ever heard Wetwork was at a live show I attended with my girlfriend at a shitty club in Windsor, Ontario called "The Diesel" (sometime in 2003). I remember that my g/f (who is also a vocalist) was impressed that a chick could deliver metal as heavy as Doc/Kristen could (which was perfect because my g/f and I were 'new' and I was trying to 'introduce' her to metal at the time)!

I remember crossing paths with Bryan (guitars) in bars and at shows on several occasions in the short years afterwards where we would briefly 'talk shop'. Wetwork and I crossed paths again years later when Dan Hulse and I started talking music and got to know each other (late 2004) when he mentioned that he was recording their album and how heavy it was.

By the time that "Synod" was completed (spring 2005), Dan had committed himself as a member of Woods of Ypres. I was blown away when I first heard the album from beginning to end and I immediately knew that I would make my bid to release it on Krankenhaus. I wanted to make sure that an album this good saw the light of day and got the attention it deserved!

...and the rest, as they say, is blasphemy! :hotjump:

5. stormcrow

stormcrow New Metal Member

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!:headbang:

6. Solitaire_Stitch

Solitaire_Stitch Never Let It Go

I use to work with Bryan, and we were talkin' bout them.. so he told me to check em' out. Fuckin' amazing! I've seen them in Hamilton, Oshawa, Toronto, etc.. AMAZING!

7. BenMech

BenMech student of the d'eh

samples on their website after ecstatic praise on the Bravewords forum after their 2nd or 3rd demo pre-Synod.

I was thrilled. Kristen/Doc is perhaps the closest bands today have to Chuck Schuldiner's unique vokills

8. Awake_In_Animosity

Awake_In_Animosity Fearing a Blank Planet

It was last week at a mates place, I have since ordered the album. Fuckin awesome shit!

9. Peterk

Peterk Trendcrusher

first heard wetwork after david told me about releasing their album on Krankenhaus,checked out thier website and the downloads on it

10. WrathChld

WrathChld Rehab is for quitters.

I saw them playing a show in Toronto back in 2002, I think it was with Arch Enemy and God Forbid?? Wetwork totally smoked and so after the show, I went over and harassed Bryan and Doc... years later, they still can't get rid of me... heh heh.

11. Chester Desmond

Chester Desmond Old Schoolboy

David sent me their promo for Synod and it totally blew me away..my 2nd favorite album of 2005 (if Woods had not re-released Against the Seasons it would have been #1) In addition to playing them on my radio show a fair bit, I was happy to be able to review Synod for the Metal Observer. Can't wait for the new stuff!

12. WhiteBeastofWotan

WhiteBeastofWotan Apostitutes!

Im a huge fan of Woods of Ypres, and sort of checked out Wetwork because of their association to Woods, heard a couple songs on myspace, and i just got the album, and its pretty good! Great vocals, an excellent snarly quality to them.

13. Silver Incubus

Silver Incubus Dead Hands Justin

first time I heard them I Played the same night before them in Peterbourogh!

14. sdmf2

sdmf2 Member

I heard a song of theirs from a BWBK cd sampler I got with the September 05 issue. Great song

15. Markoism

Markoism BASSIST

One of my old bands opened for them.