This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

From The Start.....Forever Free.

Discussion in 'Saxon' started by WILKS, May 16, 2006.

1. WILKS

WILKS Member

!*$"???????????? Why.Talk about one step forward two steps back.

2. Paxoman

Paxoman Member

I was wondering if you had forgotten about this thread Wilks!

Anyway, Forever Free....................not me favourite, put it like that! I have given this album a chance, but it does absolutely nothing for me. The only two good songs on it are 'Forever Free' and 'Iron Wheels', and even those sound pretty poor on this album. You have to listen to 'The Eagle Has Landed 2' to get the full value of them.

I love Saxon with a passion, but even I can't defend this album. For me, this is as bad as it got for Saxon. How could an album so bad follow an album that was good? Thankfully it has been uphill for Saxon since this album. Mind you, I know some people do like this album, so each to their own!

3. Golden_Goose

Golden_Goose Member

Forever free! riding with the wind in your hair:kickass:

4. Fingers

Fingers Member

I think I preferred "DESTINY" to this album............................. :mad:

I'll get me coat

5. macc189

macc189 Member

'dont let the ba**ards grind you down', that made me physically wince, although for some reason i quite liked nighthunter.

6. Patte

Patte Member

Actually I think 'Can't stop rockin' is a great song, besides the title track.

7. heavycelli

heavycelli Member

Its in my opinion not a bad album!

Forever free (8,5): Brilliant song
    Hole in the Sky (6,5) : the ozon hole song, good lyrics, environmental song
    Just wanne make love to you (7) Good cover! Saxon made some good covers!
    Get down and Dirty ( 8) I always see nice chicks in the drugstore,( behind the kassa) and I always have to think about this song! The whole week slaving on your job and then there is the weekend and you go out off your sculls and get drunk and have good free days (forever free!!!!) Saxon: Real life!!!!!! That's what I mean! compare it with maiden lyrics!! Difference!!
    Iron wheels (2) not my cup of tea, the feeling of loosing a dear father is well expressed, but I dont expect such songs when I buy a Saxon cd.. I mean, when I want to eat Chinese food ,then I go to a chinese food restaurant and get chinese food, I am happy then... When I wanne hear heavy rock with melodic ingredients I go to the saxon -restaurant and then I expect to get Saxon-heavy rock vitamines..NOT with this song- not happy..
    One step away (7) good song
    Can't stop rocking (7,5) on this album it sounds great, dissapointing though on the eagle has landed part 2! Don't know how that comes??!! The guitar solos on the EHL 2 are of course better!! No doubt about that
    Night hunter (6,5) strange recorded sound..
    Grind (7) The most comercial sounding song and not even that bad! Lyric is good there are more layers to distinguish in the text..
    Cloud nine (7,5) good song goodlyric! Maybe some jurnalists in Dubai have problems with this lyric, but what the hack! Freedom of speech above all! I hope that saxon makes asong about the freedom of speech, just to make such people enlight their heads!

6,75 points

8. valanx

valanx Room of Angel

The title track and 'cant stop rockin' are both cool and....er...

9. macc189

macc189 Member

nice to see that youre keeping me old thread alive btw wilks!

10. Bosnian Witchfinder

why is the album so bad according to some, ive heard forever free and cant stop rockin, sounds like the musical directions right, so whats wrong?

11. WILKS

WILKS Member

I think its justa bit weak after the last album being such a good step in the right direction.