This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Full NIGHTWISH 2015 tour dates

Discussion in 'ProgPower USA' started by J-Man, Sep 23, 2014.

1. OrbWeaver

OrbWeaver BECAUSE FALCONER

This is exactly how I feel about driving to Chicago's north side. Ugh. Ugh ugh ugh ugh.

Met-Al doesn't like Nightwish, but he does like Floor. Maybe I can talk HIM into driving if I buy his ticket...

Edit: AND it's a Wednesday night show. MORE UGH. This is why I'm missing Within Temptation next week. North side. Middle of the week show. NO. Just...NO. No easy or convenient way to get there.

2. CrimsonEmotions

Dammit, they're not playing Atlanta this time around. However, if the timing works out, I could head out to Charlotte.

3. NorseBlood

NorseBlood franks n steins

J-Man. Thanks for posting this Nightwish tour info.

4. Keir

Keir Member

Crap! I hadn't thought of that possibility. I have missed so many good bands because I refuse to ever go to that awful festival again. I really wish they would just remove metal from the name and stop adding metal bands to the festival.

5. TychoCelchu

TychoCelchu Member

You and me both.
    I had a friend who went to see Trouble the year they played. He was in the lobby when they went on. Their set was so short that by the time he had made his way to the front to watch them, they were announcing their last song. So not worth it!

6. Smc316

Smc316 Resident

There's always a few legitimately good non-metal bands who get screwed over too.

When Blood for Blood reunited for about a year, they played - it was my only chance to see them, and I missed it because I didn't want to pay for that fest. Other great punk bands(like Slap Shot, Suicidal Tendencies, D.R.I., the Cro-Mags, Biohazard, Pro-Pain, Madball, etc.) have wasted their talents there as well. So it's not just the few good metal bands who get screwed by it.

Luckily, both years I attended(2010, 2013) I had free tickets for the whole weekend. But even with free tickets, that fest is just cringeworthy. 10 minute changeover times, 20 minute sets? Ugh.

7. SF Metal Man

SF Metal Man Member

Worst possible day for them to pick for the San Francisco date since I'm a Cubmaster of a Cub Scout pack and I have to run the monthly meeting that night. So my choice is to go anyway after my meeting and miss half of Nightwish's set, or take a day off work and drive 6+ hours down to LA to see them.

8. OrionSon

OrionSon Member

Oh yeah, sure, no New Oreleans dates. It's not as if I wanted to see Floor's Nightwish and Marco anyway. :(

9. LunaTEKKE

LunaTEKKE Madness Reigns

Be sure to say hello! Not my favorite venue, but wouldn't dream of missing this show!

Really tempted to hit the House of Blues show in Vegas, too, depending on work and finances!

10. nomisofsiman

nomisofsiman Member

I'll probably go to the Chicago date. I definitely want to catch Floor with Nightwish, even if I don't care for Delain really.

11. Justin G

Justin G Member

Bring the pack. Get them started on that metal merit badge.

12. KingsGene

KingsGene God of Thunder

I realize this is a completely ignorant question because I am not well versed in the female-fronted symphonic bands, but I am just curious why folks who like Nightwish don't like Delain? Aren't they similar? I would think it would be a good pairing. Is there another band that would be better suited to open for Nightwish?

13. Keir

Keir Member

It’s not that I don’t like Delain, I just feel that there are plenty of better bands I would rather see. Since it’s not often that these style bands tour the US (and even less that they come to Massachusetts) I usually get my hopes up for someone I really want to see. Delain are just a bit too poppy for my tastes though I will probably still enjoy them.

14. Smc316

Smc316 Resident

Delain is basically a pop band but with guitar solos.

Nightwish pre-2007 was basically a band that fused metal, pop and folk influences.

Small difference, but a noteable one in the actual music itself.

I love both pre-DPP Nightwish and Delain though, sooo. :p

15. Jibrille

Jibrille Member

There's actually a really nice place for food and drinks 2 blocks away. Was really busy before the Sonata show earlier this month. Look up Armsby Abbey

16. Jibrille

Jibrille Member

Enter the vault already has these tickets for sale so they screwed up if it's part of the fest. I highly doubt they'd be selling tickets billed as Nightwish and Delain if it's Sat night of that fest

17. SF Metal Man

SF Metal Man Member

I wouldn't really consider them that similar. Nightwish is full on over the top symphonic metal. Delain is much more pop in comparison. Some similarities, but not really that close. They are only similar in the same way that Iron Maiden and Overkill might be considered similar. Both will share fans, and they might be a good touring match together, but being a fan of one doesn't automatically make you a fan of the other.

18. High Speed Kurt

Did you not go to the show in 2012 at the House of Blues? They didnt play anywhere in Texas on the last tour, I can see why they are skipping NOLA this time?

19. jem777az

jem777az Bozzman

Will do! They've remodeled the Marquee since the last time I think you said you were there. While it's still standing only, it's much bigger and they've really spruced up the lobby and bar, etc.

20. adaher

adaher Member

Assuming Delain is still the opener in Fort Lauderdale, that's definitely a must-see for me.