This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Join the Chaos

Want to join in with the rest of the Hate Crew? Sign up today!

FUUUUCK! ROOPE QUIT THE BAND!!!!

Discussion in 'Children Of Bodom' started by <Arcane>, May 29, 2015.

1. <Arcane>

<Arcane> Active Member

Of course Alexis solos are one of the best I've ever heard. I was just saying that they are easier to play than Roopes.
    From Roope:
    Nearly every solo he did for Sinergy, the one for Amon Amarth, no COB solo

Alexi:
    Nearly every solo he did for Sinergy, the solos for Downright Dominate and Pain, most solos on HB, FTR and HCDR, most of his cover song solos (especially Sleeping in my car), a few solos on AYDY and NMF + Ugly from the newer albums.

2. mrs.bodOm

mrs.bodOm ~Kissing The Shadows~

3. NoLimit

NoLimit New Metal Member

4. Jontzgu

Jontzgu Member

Simply put:
    - Latvala grew in a different direction than the rest of the band, therefore they parted ways. No hard feelings. The band wishes Roope all the best and is sure of that Roope will have other great things in his future.
    -Having booked shows all the way to December, CoB needed to find a new guitarist and fast. Laiho was going through a hectic period in his life at that time, so Antti Wirman was Johnny-on-the-spot with his great playing skills and ability to learn quickly. Apparently it took only 4 times for Antti to learn the songs when going through them with Laiho.
    -The decision about the new member is 95% sure, will join next year.

5. mrs.bodOm

does he really say so? cause they said Antti would be playing with them for the summer run.. so he's also going to be with them on european tour in Fall then..

6. Deadman5hadow

Deadman5hadow Member

7. mrs.bodOm

:ill: I HOPE NOT!!

I like SC, and he's good player and all, but he's no fit for COB.
    plus he's like 22 yrs old. no fuckin way, I really don't think that'll happen.
    jeeeesus

8. Deadman5hadow

Deadman5hadow Member

I dont agree with you. This guy is amazing and his solos fit with alexis style. just listen to the 2 Santa Cruz albums.

9. iPot

iPot fUCkTarD

That would be pretty fuckin cool actually.

10. mrs.bodOm

yes, I have both SC albums and as I said he's a very talented and great guitar player, so I'm not at all referring to his playing style. don't get me wrong, I just can't see him in COB.

11. (__Joonas__)

(__Joonas__) † Followed the Reaper †

That dude needs to play solos. Think he might get frustrated with his long hair and lipstick playing just chugga chugga riffs that no-one can hear. He's got the youth, energy and good looks tho. If he loves Bodom's music and doesn't wear lipstick (and matures to become a metal dude) I'd say good choice. It's just strange cos he's not death metal dude, but glam rock dude... but I guess that's sorta Bodom's dirty secret they can't hide. Only Alexi seems to love metal anyway!!

When I think about it, that guy would bring the live energy to COB's gigs that's been missing for a fucking long time. It's so much in Alexi's hands alone, with Janne throwing an occasional joke (and the unisons). This would be crucially better than Antti simply because of the appearance and energy. I think Antti should dress in black metal corpsepaint since his onstage act is introvert, but he clearly has the playing skill.

COB's in danger of "withering" live and they need to look at this element. If they're not shaking up the setlist, they need to bring more energy on stage. Either that, or then have an artist design a style for Antti. I've skipped the last 2 gigs in my hometown (too similar setlists hand-in-hand with too little energy) I'd say that's a worrying sign.

12. ==>Mask Of Sanity<==

Who cares if he's 22 look at Richie Faulkner and Judas Priest he pretty much revitalized the band

13. (__Joonas__)

He looks healthy and has great style. Then what is age in music? Alexi was 19 when he did Hatebreeder. He doesn't need to be all traumatized... but I need to ask: is COB's music natural for him? He cannot smile all charming when they're playing Are You Dead Yet?

I don't think it's him, the energy is just a tad too different. But I'd rather have a shock outcome than something boring and secure, so what the hell... at least they'd have one young guy there again. Appears he has the guitar Alexi acquired recently:

Ok on some video he bites in the air like he's reaching for your dick, and has his balls coming out of his jeans. Can I still take it back? This has no place in death metal.

#93 (__Joonas__), Aug 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2015
  14. Sany

Sany Member

I think Zakk Wylde has big influences on this guy

15. rj rl

rj rl multidimensionally dyslexic

I can't stand Zakk Wylde or any Zakk Wyldeish guitarist, putrid pentatonic wankery with over the top vibratos. He also looks as tryhard as it gets, he's like the opposite of Roope.

16. dthmtl3

dthmtl3 Member

Nah, I don't see that working out. I'm sure the kid's fun to be around with. And I'm sure Alexi gets along great with him given his glowing endorsement on their site. Would this guy want to be around a bunch of older dudes, not sure. He would re-energize things for sure, but not in the right way. And he seems to want the spotlight, not a good thing. He can play but would he want to be stuck playing rhythm? Plus SC seems to be his band, it's not like he came on board later.

17. (__Joonas__)

He'll have to sell his soul if he is to join Bodom. Success is important but so is doing what's in your heart. However, any of us would do it in his shoes. Just suck up your glam style and go metal. He'd need to have an amazing career with Santa Cruz (and luck with marketing it to the girls) to create a more spectacular career than being rhythm guitarist for COB, which could last ten more years. Interesting to see what comes up. I'm not very convinced it's him, tho.

18. Sany

Sany Member

I think one Zakk is enough for the Guitar-World :D

19. Deadman5hadow

Deadman5hadow Member

20. (__Joonas__)

He might be a Bodom fanatic in secret. Just let it happen, will do wonders. Next album will be full of guitar harmonies.