This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

General Chat

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Covet Chaos, Jun 19, 2010.

1. Kaspr

Kaspr Bow down to the thrasher!

It's about time I am actually!

I work, study Event Management at Uni, play footy on the weekends, manage a thrash metal band and have a girlfriend

2. Clifford-W

Clifford-W Thrash Attack

I play basketball quite often, I used to play for our national team (Under 17). I also have a soul crushing job (Typist / Translator) where I'm surrounded by holier than thou "know it all's" (sarcastically enough they know shite! IT'S CALLED USB PEOPLE NOT UBS OR UPS!). Furthermore, I study mechanical engineering whilst dreaming of a career in Thrash metal.. Sigh.

3. Podgie

Podgie Young Man, Old Soul

Oh, best sport in the world man! I used to play for a team myself at one point, but never at that level! Hah. A soul crushing job is still a job, I guess. There's lots of people in the world who are struggling to find work and are far less fortunate than me - so I shouldn't complain!

Never give up the dream man! Remember, all 'somebodies' started off as 'nobodies'.

Oh and seems like I missed your posted in the 'newcomers' thread... so I'll take this opportunity to say welcome from me! :kickass:

4. Clifford-W

Clifford-W Thrash Attack

Yeah man basketball is a great way to let off some steam, especially dunking over somebody or block-shotting them right in the face :D
    Cheers for the welcome!

This forum is the first I actually enjoy visiting :lol:

5. Keenan

Keenan Crippling Self Doubt

I'm short. Basketball and I don't get along. :lol:

When not listening to awesome music, I read far too many comic books, play far too many video games and work far too many hours in a retail store. Oh, and I own a beard hat. Fuck yeah.

6. Chipmonkcheeks

Play video games and chill.
    Other than that doing a maths degree consumes a lot of my life and thoughts.
    Oh! And rollerblading. Started doing that an hour or 2 a day when I have time and weather permits, funnily enough I went to the basket ball courts today.

7. ThatOneDude

ThatOneDude Member

Hmm... that sounds oddly familiar.

Does that mean since I'm black, I'm best friends with Basketball? :p

...and you call yourself boring! Liar!

Anyway, I like to day dream a lot, dick around on the internet, play Yu-Gi-Oh with friends and... well, that's about it. I wanna try getting into more volunteering and a bit of writing, but my attempts are, well, shit... need to work on it. :lol:

And the career I'll be hoping to get will be an Accounting. Which isn't soul crushing b/c of people getting hurt and stuff. It'll be because the tediousness of having to prepare balance sheet after balance sheet, making trial balances equal even though they never will, dealing with accounts payable and receivable, and such. TL;DR version, because its mindnumbingly boring.

8. Podgie

Podgie Young Man, Old Soul

I'm short but me and basketball get along just fine! Of course I struggle to guard taller opponents... but as a guard my game is all about assists, steals and knocking down the open shot. Though saying that I rarely play anymore, at all. The game will always have a place in my heart though.

9. Clifford-W

Clifford-W Thrash Attack

I'm not that tall my self, I'm about 6'3 and I fit in just fine, it all depends on your position and whatnot. I actually enjoy some our mech. engineering tasks, such as calculating conduction, convection and radiation heat flow through walls, surfaces, windows etc etc. Does get boring after 4 hours of constant solving. I've been wanting to read comics for quite a while now, but they're so damn expensive over here, just like everything else.

10. Keenan

Keenan Crippling Self Doubt

There's a comics thread somewhere on here if you're looking for recommendations. :p

11. Thunderhorse92

Thunderhorse92 You done goofed

My dad always wanted me to play basketball because I am somewhat tall, but I was a dwarf compared to a lot of the people on my high schools' basketball teams. Plus, I was never that great at it. Hockey's the game for me, even though I'm not much better at that. :lol: