This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

George Carlin

Discussion in 'The Philosopher' started by Crucified Spartacus, Feb 26, 2007.

1. Crucified Spartacus

IB: What do you hope people take away from your comedy?

GC: I don't hope for improvement in this country. I hope for a disintegration. I really enjoy these things that happen, these big tragedies, because I think this country's circling the drain now, as it is. And this kind of culture, this pursuit of goods and merchandise at all costs, is soul-deadening. The species in general I don't root for, and this culture in particular I don't root for. So anything bad that happens, I enjoy. I think Americans deserve what they get, I think they get what they deserve, and so therefore, I don't care what they take from my stuff. For the listener who's enjoying my stuff, I would hope that they just take everything they're told by authority figures less seriously -- not believe what their parents say, what their teachers say, not believe clergymen, law enforcement people, legislators, business leaders. Because they're being bullshitted at every corner.

:worship: :worship: :worship:

Let's discuss

2. Norsemaiden

Norsemaiden barbarian

Disintegration makes sense. The whole thing is rotten. It should be destroyed and something entirely different should arise

3. Omnis_Sathanas

What else can I say except "he's right"?

Actually it sounds like a condensed version of the first chapter of The Lightning and The Sun by Savitri Devi.

4. Crucified Spartacus

so is anyone familiar with carlin's comedic material? that's just a quote from an interview that I thought might spark people to talk about carlin's comedy. I think the comedic medium may have potential to reach out to people and inspire, considering the fact people don't tend to read much anymore. But then again, a lot of modern political comedy is sort of like a pressure valve that is released every once in a while to keep people in line. but i think carlin is too radical to be categorized in such a way. anyway, if anyone is interested here are some links to his latest performances in the past 7 years. i think he has gotten better with age.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7068677712290004125

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8683046848311681223

5. rrjii2000

rrjii2000 Member

George is ausome, he doesn't care who he pisses off. His ability to take everyday occurances, and exploit them is nothing less that genious. I remember sneaking down in my parent's basement as a child and listining to his LP's. You gotta love em.

Rob