This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Get Your Index Finger Ready...

Discussion in 'Pelvic Fury' started by Seawall, Jan 11, 2010.

1. Seawall

Seawall East Coast's Only Hope

Because some Starcraft LAN shit is going down. Jack's already got a set up downstairs. I say we bring some chips, beer, and laptops if you guys got em. I'll bring Jason's comp over for someone. So if you're down, tell me what days are good this weekend or even later.

2. Jackafur

Jackafur My Life for Aiur

the good news is you dont even have to buy this shit any more. You wont be able to play on official servers though. you can still play on iccup servers. i doubt any of you would though. you can download it here

http://www.iccup.com/starcraft/sc_start.html

if we are gonna lan every one needs the same version. so please go on b.net or iccup or whatever to get the latest version. alll you gotta do is sign online in starcraft and it'll download. Ill buy another wireless router for the lan. That way we can all go online if we need to. I suggest you bring a mouse if you play on a laptop.

I'll link you all those sites I was talking about, bear.

http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft/How_to_practice (i linked to the How to practice section. its actually really good)

http://www.gosugamers.net/starcraft/thread/174619 (standard build orders for all 3 races)

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=62652 (this thread covers cannon placement for PvZ FE)

http://www.freewebs.com/iamknickknack/links.htm

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=104154 (this is day[9] podcast/stream. I dont know if you know who tasteless is but this is his brother. real good shit.)

i think thats every thing.

also:

http://bwchart.teamliquid.net/bin/bwchart104b.zip (bwchart is a replay analyzer or whatever. pretty nifty program. its how i could tell what our apm average was)

http://winner.cspsx.de/Starcraft/Tool/Chaoslauncher.zip (another nifty program. it will automatically save replays. also it'll tell your apm in game among some other things.

3. Twan Dollaz

Twan Dollaz Member

i usually work every fucking weekend til 10, but other than that im good for whenever, except for this sat because im going to VAMPIRES BALL hahaa

4. Vincenzo

Vincenzo Member

I suck at SC

5. Dragonpark

Dragonpark New Metal Member

I'd like to finally play again. I don't really have a computer atm though... I'd have to steal my laptop away from Heather, which I should probably do anyway as I could really use it. I could actually probably just drop off my old dell. The things a POS, but it should still be usable to play such a simple game. Hell... I used to play WoW on it somehow.

Also, Jack. Don't buy another wireless router. I actually have one thats not being used at all that I could bring over.

6. Jackafur

oh word that would be spiffy if we got things rolling. We should really get wang involved if we want some balance. Not trying to brag or anything... but im way more practiced then every one here. Im a pretty solid D now. I almost got to D+ on my one account.

7. Seawall

Seawall East Coast's Only Hope

Did we want to still do this at your place Jack or since Captain and Momma Doty are going to be out of town do it at their place.....assuming it's okay with Kris or D Wreck. Friday or Saturday?

8. Twan Dollaz

Twan Dollaz Member

id be down for sat, im out fri though im going to phila to bro it out lol

9. Doty

Doty Master Debater

You guys...

[​IMG]

10. Kasmala

Kasmala Member

I'd play, but I suck probably more than Vince (no offense meant). Also I'd probably be too busy getting wasted at the bar / hooking up with trailer trash. Pssh, whatever. Not like it's a shock anymore.

11. Jackafur

This never took off any way. My amazing D skills would crush you all any way.

12. Vincenzo

Vincenzo Member

haha. Jack, I'm sure Jeff could kill me at SC WHILE wasted and beating off trailer dwelling hookers. I haven't played in a loooooonnngg time.

13. Twan Dollaz

Twan Dollaz Member

id still do it haha i'm pretty terrible myself i havent played starcraft seriously since i was 12 or 13

14. Kasmala

Kasmala Member

Vince is just upset because he is my "failed expirement". I got the Cheetahmen song stuck in my head.

15. Vincenzo

Vincenzo Member

you lost me

16. Kasmala

Kasmala Member

I lost a lot of things.

17. Jackafur

btw bear those system requirements for sc 2 beta are wrong. apparently a blizzard employee posted the specs for WoW. I am betting the actual recommended specs will be like...

7800 GT equivalent or higher
    Core 2
    2 gigs of ram.

18. DavidF'ingMillar

My bud at work just got in on the SC2 beta. Looks pretty sweet.

We were looking at videos of it trying to take some notes on the GUI design to see if any of it was useful for Command and Control applications...