This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Gillan re-issues.

Discussion in 'Saxon' started by Paxoman, Feb 3, 2007.

1. Paxoman

Paxoman Member

2. WILKS

WILKS Member

I have no Gillian solo albums which do you recormend? The only thing i remember is the Trouble 7".Although i have heard other stuff and alway liked it .Clear Air Turbulance is the album people used to talk about when i was a kid.

3. Paxoman

Paxoman Member

Well I haven't got, or even heard that many Gillan albums to be honest. The only one I have is 'Glory Road', which is pretty good. But I seemed to remember 'Mutally Assured Destruction' being very good as well.

Think Goss may be your man for the recommendations.

4. saxonfan

saxonfan Member

you must get Future Shock,its as good or better than Glory Road,which was excellent.

5. Klingonbear

Klingonbear Member

Future Shock, Magic and Double Trouble are excellent... and now it looks like I can retire my creaking vinyls!

6. GOSS

GOSS Member

Great news !! I need to replace my vinyl too !! Are they going to re-release all the old stuff from the “Ian Gillan Band” and “Gillan”? I hope they re-release “Jesus Christ Superstar” as well !

I agree – Double Trouble; Future Shock; Mr. Universe are must have CD’s !! Magic and Glory Road are also great.

My favourite Gillan tracks are: Fighting Man; Mutually Assured Destruction (MAD); Born to Kill; No Laughing in Heaven; Mr. Universe; Trouble; New Orleans; Bite the Bullet; Living for the City. All absolute Classics !!!! ! Bring back “screaming on a Sunday” ! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Here’s a link to a good review of Gillan albums which you may find useful: http://www.god-of-thunder.immortals.co.uk/thunder/thunder/cds/pages/g/gillan.htm

Cheers,

Goss.