This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

1. Just a heads up... In the next week or two we will be making some major upgrades to the site to bring the software and server fully up to date. While the upgrade happens the site will be offline for the day. There will be some quirkiness after the upgrade, but we'll get it all sorted out.
    Dismiss Notice

Glyder...Thin Lizzy fans rejoice!

Discussion in 'ProgPower USA' started by Imagikafan, Jan 21, 2007.

1. Imagikafan

Imagikafan AKA Pooch - Mark

Wow. Glyder's Colour Of Money is an excellent disc! Get this disc if you're a fan of Thin Lizzy and classic hard rock. :headbang:

http://www.myspace.com/glyder

2. J-Dubya 777

J-Dubya 777 It NEVER ends

Seconded! :headbang: :headbang:
    Cool disc!

J-Dubya

3. Trans-Siberian Outcast

Thirded!

Really good album that Glyder put together. Sure, there's a bit of Lizzy worship going on, but the songwriting is high quality. If Phil Lynott was still alive and leading Thin Lizzy today, this is what I imagine them sounding like.

On a sidenote, I just discovered Albert Bouchard's (drummer and songwriter for Blue Oyster Cult in the 70s and the Imaginos album) solo band called Brain Surgeons. I highly recommend this for fans of old-school BOC.

Song sample available on Albert's "Cellsum Records" site: http://www.cellsum.com/sample.htm

And more song samples and purchase info on www.cdbaby.com (do a search for Brain Surgeons)

4. speedy1383

speedy1383 Member

I'll have to check that out. I really like Thin Lizzy back in the day. Shame what happened to Phil Lynott.

5. Trans-Siberian Outcast

Shame wasn't what happened to Phil Lynott, it was what Phil Lynott did to himself.

Shame is what happened to Randy Rhoads, Criss Oliva, Cliff Burton, etc.

6. speedy1383

speedy1383 Member

It still is a shame that the guy died. I realize that drugs/alcohol did him in, but I still hate seeing people die in the prime of their lives. It is sobering to think that he died at the age I am now.