Separate names with a comma.
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Discussion in 'General Metal Discussion' started by CiG, Nov 6, 2019.
would've made my list if I put more effort in
love the Bulldozer cover
Funnily enough it's the re-recording of "The Gravefields" that got me so hooked on the EP, I think it's better than the original.
Stop pushing in-crowd bands, ya silly knob
1. Summoning - Let Mortal Heroes Sing Your Fame
2. Sigh - Imaginary Sonicscape
3. Forest of Shadows - Where Dreams Turn to Dust
4. Agalloch - Of Stone, Wind, & Pillor
5. Angizia - 39 Jahre für den Leierkastenmann
6. Finntroll -Jaktens Tid
7. Obsidian Gate - Colossal Christhunt
8. Virgin Black - Sombre Romantic
9. Deteriorot - In Ancient Beliefs
10. Theaters Des Vampires - Bloody Lunatic Asylum
ahh, have not thought about this one in a long time, remember it being good (mp3.com ftw )--it did get some attention around the opeth forum I believe.
I'm glad I checked the ep list, it would've been a tragedy to overlook this death/ doom masterpiece.
1. Kamelot- Karma
2. Emperor- Prometheus: The Discipline of Fire and Demise
3. Neurosis- A Sun that Never Sets
4. Dimmu Borgir- Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia
5. Shape of Despair- Angels of Distress
6. Opeth- Blackwater Park
7. Tristania- World of Glass
8. Nagelfar- Virus West
9. Gorguts- From Wisdom to Hate
10. My Dying Bride- The Dreadful Hours
Grand Belial's Key- Judeobeast Assassination
Siegneur Voland- S/t
System of a Down- Toxicity
Green Carnation- Light of Day, Day of Darkness
Summoning- Let Mortal Heroes Sing Your Fame
Nightwish- Wish Master
Paysage d'Hiver- Winterkaelte
Lost Horizon- Awaken the World
Great year with tons of variety. Really hard to rank.
Which album gets the Venom Award though?
He already listed it - that Emperor album.
Probably the Summoning album. I love the second track and there are some other strong songs on it. However, it’s mostly a rehash of ideas they had already done, and less impressive than Dol Guldur. Yet, it will probably finish as a top two black metal album of the year.
That said, it’s a far less offensive winner than most years deliver.
Agreed. Sleep-inducing and offensiveness rarely intersect.
1) Funebrarum - Beneath the Columns of Abandoned Gods
2) System of a Down - Toxicity
3) Vomitory - Revelation Nausea
4) Crowbar - Sonic Excess in its Purest Form
5) Sodom - M-16
6) Mörk Gryning - Maelstrom Chaos
7) Dimmu Borgir - Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia
8) Entombed - Morning Star
9) Gojira - Terra Incognita
10) Bolt Thrower - Honour Valour Pride
HM: Psycroptic / Arch Enemy / Melechesh / Iniquity / Zyklon / Amon Amarth
Interesting year. Tons of teenage nostalgia that surprisingly held the test of time like Dimmu Borgir. I was going to put Funebrarum as #1 but as I was typing this I realized that Toxicity has never stopped getting plays from me since it came out and I always drum along a few of the tracks whenever I get behind the kit. It really is a flawless album. Pretty crappy year for Death Metal IMO, with the exception of a few albums. Psycroptic's debut was..ehh, and Iniquity's album this year was IMO quite disappointing. I guess that made room for melodic black metal and death n' roll stuff that I normally never put in these top 10's.
EDIT: Who the fuck am I kidding. Depths of Misery from Beneath the Columns of Abandoned Gods just came on. Doesn't get any better than this folks. Putting it back at #1.