Separate names with a comma.
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Discussion in 'GMD Social Forum' started by Serjeant Grumbles, Oct 12, 2019.
1. Kari Bremnes - Svarta Bjørn
2. Lill Lindfors - Ett liv
3. The Gathering - How to Measure a Planet?
4. Mari Boine - Bálvvoslatjna (Room of Worship)
5. Lisa Gerrard & Peter Bourke - Duality
6. Tori Amos - From the Choirgirl Hotel
7. The Bulgarian Voices Angelite & Moscow Art Trio with Huun-Huur-Tu - Mountain Tale
8. Två Fisk Och En Fläsk - Två Fisk Och En Fläsk
9. Sainkho Namtchylak - Naked Spirit
10. Triakel - Triakel
Except for the first three, the ranking migth still change. I haven't listened to most of these albums for quite a while.
1. Starcraft Soundtrack
2. Jazz Jackrabbit 2 Soundtrack
3. Unreal Soundtrack
4. Lands of Lore: Guardians of Destiny Soundtrack
5. Thinking Plague - In Extremis
6. Cows - Sorry in Pig Minor
7. Cho Ren Sha Soundtrack
8. The 90 Day Men - 1975-1977-1998
9. Mayfair - Fastest Trip to Cyber-Town
10. Refused - The Shape of Punk to Come
Basement - Underneath
I've got lots of stuff I want to listen to or relisten to but I always forget to before the deadline so whatevs. Much better year for stuff in the general noise rock/math rock/experimental -core range than it was for metal.
EDIT: Forgot what on many days could be my favorite vidya soundtrack of all time. Great year for games too, kinda obviously. I've got the Half-Life soundtrack 4-starred on RYM but since I appreciate it much more in-game than out of game I'll exclude it from here.
God damn I just can't get satisfied with my ordering.
StarCraft soundtrack rules I agree. Uber nostalgia. No love for Fugazi's End Hits HBB?
Jazz Jackrabbit soundtrack? Now that's some funky shit!
No you're thinking of Jizz Jack Rabbit, it's a completely different soundtrack
Haven't heard End Hits in full, what I had heard didn't grab me but I'll get around to finishing their discography eventually. Not a fan of Red Medicine either though, Repeater is my favorite by a good margin of what I know.
EDIT: Actually, haven't heard End Hits at all, I had the cover art of The Argument in my mind.
I'm definitely more of a Steady Diet of Nothing fan but Repeater is 2nd best.
Steady Diet of Nothing is definitely good, don't know why it seems to be universally considered the weakest. Less gimmicks, more twangy heavy grooves. My favorite production of the first four as well.
1. The Offspring - Americana
2. Gobsmakt - You Wot!
3. PJ Harvey - Is This Desire?
4. Hieronymus Bosch - The Divided Self
5. Einleitungszeit - L'Accouchement Des Machines Humaines
6. Merzbow - Tauromachine
7. The Turbo A.C.'s - Winner Take All
8. Crude - Sax Sothis
9. Rachid Taha - Diwân
10. Thrush - Long Live Our Chains
T-Love - Return of the B-Girl EP
The Offspring is a bit of a nostalgic #1 but Pay the Man is still somewhere in my top 50 fav songs of all time.
1. Pearl Jam - Yield
2. Queens of the Stone Age - Queens of the Stone Age
3. Tori Amos - From the Choirgirl Hotel
4. Elend - The Umbersum
5. Rob Zombie - Hellbilly Deluxe
6. Hole - Celebrity Skin
7. Dave Matthews Band - Before These Crowded Streets
8. Halloween Hootenany - Various Artists
9. Bauhaus - Crackle
10. James Horner - Back to Titanic
1. Elend - The Umbersun
2. Ulver - Themes from William Blake's The Marriage of Heaven and Hell
3. VAST - Visual Audio Sensory Theater
4. Turbonegro - Apocalypse Dudes
5. Toe to Toe - The Best Defence is Attack
6. The Proletariat - Voodoo Economics and Other American Tragedies
7. Jeff Buckley - Sketches for My Sweetheart the Drunk
8. Rufus Wainwright - Rufus Wainwright
Just two days left; calling on
@zabu of nΩd
@no country for old wainds
1. Refused - The Shape of Punk To Come
2. VNV Nation - Praise the Fallen
3. Neutral Milk Hotel - In The Aeroplane Over The Sea
4. Massive Attack - Mezzanine
5. Elend - The Umbersun
6. Boards of Canada - Music Has The Right To Children
Damn, '98 huh? I'll try, not sure if this is my year or not.
1. Tori Amos- From the Choir Girl Hotel
2. The Smashing Pumpkins- Adore
3. Lauren Hill- The Miseducation of Lauren Hill
4. Dirty Three- Ocean Songs
5. Neutral Milk Hotel- In the Areoplane Over the Sea
6. Gillian Welch- Hell Among the Yearlings
7. Cat Power- Moon Pix
8. The Shroud- A Dark Moon Night
9. The Gathering- How to Measure a Planet?
10. Ulver- Themes From William Blake's The Marriage of Heaven and Hell
Might tweak some of this if I have time.
Dont think I mustered up a whole lot. Amazing year for metal, but as far as non metal its pretty spare imo. A lot of cool stuff I don't know I think.
1.) Buckethead - Colma
2.) At the Drive In - In/Casino/Out
3.) The Seatbelts - Cowboy Bebop
4.) Hum - Downward is Heavenward
5.) Unsane - Occupational Hazard
6.) Outcast - Aquameni
7.) Refused - Shape of Punk to Come
8.) Beastie Boys - Hello Nasty
9.) Mineral - EndSerenading
Theatre of Tragedy - Aégis
Meret Becker - Nachtmahr
Lycia - Estrella
Forgotten Pathways - Shrouded in Mystery
The Gathering - How to Measure a Planet
Dreadful Shadows - Beyond the Maze
Dargaard - Eternity Rites
Turbonegro - Apocalypse Dudes
Hagalaz' Runedance - The Winds That Sang of Midgard's Fate
PJ Harvey - Is This Desire?
Mors Syphilitica - Primrose
The Shroud - A Dark Moon Night
Elend - The Umbersun
Anathema - Alternative 4
Puissance - Back in Control
Marilyn Manson - Mechanical Animals
Prophet Posse - Body Parts
Pretty surprised by this mention man.