This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Got a lot more gray hairs this week.

Discussion in 'The Iron Maidens' started by spideyjg, Oct 27, 2006.

1. spideyjg

spideyjg Bass Gear Geek

So my wife comes home Wednesday night at 9:00 or so from a scrapbooking class and promptly tells me we have to go to the Emergency room. She can barely stand and is in serious pain. [​IMG]

Now my wife is a medium skinned black woman who is 6' 0". Her entire inner left thigh was approaching the color of mahogany. :yow: :yow: That is a lot of tissue with a raging problem of some kind.

My head starts reeling at the color and heat from it. No time to overanalyze shit just get the fuck in the truck! I start peppering her with questions and she noticed the spreading hours earlier! You don't have to be a doctor to realize some whacked shit is going on and you need medical intervention fer chrissakes!!!!! On the way to the ER I am emphatic she needs to think of the timeline to tell the triage nurse as this seems to be a rapidly spreading infection or whatever the fuck it is. :ill:

We get to the hospital and she was taken in pretty quick and loaded up with IV antibiotics and let us go home about 2:00 am. The color has subsided from the borderline they drew and she is to be off her feet until Monday.

I love her completely but sometimes she really drives me nuts with health stuff. "I have a high pain threshold" is gonna be her damn epitath. [​IMG]

Scared the ever living shit out of me. She seems on the mend but I'm nagging her about taking her meds constantly, and she isn't gonna live this one down.

Jim

2. yosmark

yosmark I love Wanda

... thats a scary story :(... hope she get well :)

3. Archmagician

Archmagician Member

Sorry to hear that man! I hope she is going to be ok!

4. MiniMurray

MiniMurray Member

damn jim! that set on quick huh. you all have a nice quiet weekend and my thoughts go out to your wife for a speedy recovery.

5. Lord of Delusions

Scary! What the hell was the deal with that? Did they tell you?

6. spideyjg

spideyjg Bass Gear Geek

They said it was Cellulitis.

Scary shit.
    Yep Sara from the timeline she told me it went from nothing to emergency room in less than 8 hours.

Jim

7. Doodoobubbachuck

Doodoobubbachuck Maidens' drums

Woah, Jim. Please send my warmest regards to your wife and wishes of a fast, full and uncomplicated recovery. I hope you are holding up okay too! :)

8. Schmidt_Rubin

Schmidt_Rubin Member

I got Cellulitis in my feet when I was in boot camp, it took about a week before it went down. She'll be ok but make sure she stays off her feet.

9. Air Raid Siren

Air Raid Siren Maidens' Vox

Glad to hear she's going to be ok, Jim! Give her our best for a fast and quick recovery. Hope she listens and stays off her feet - if she gives you a hard time, there's always duct tape! :lol:

She sounds a lot like my sister who also has a high pain threshold. I remember one time she had a "pain" in her side that kept getting worse and worse over the course of several days til she finally had to go to the emergency room. Turns out her lung had a small punture in it and was gradually deflating... by the time she went to emergency room her lung had almost completely collapsed. Her hub was pretty upset that she waited so long, but what can ya do - I guess it's the price you pay for marrying a strong woman!

10. Maiden_Cali

Maiden_Cali E-A-G-L-E-S, EAGLES!

Best wishes to you guys.

11. Stone

Stone Metal Lives On!

I wish her a good and speedy recovery

12. Metallicat180

Metallicat180 Rockstar-In-Training

Checking into the Psycho Motel...Crieff, Scotland
    Holy crap, I'm glad that you made her go to casualty!!!! It's usually men who put off going to the doctor. I hope she gets well soon and you keep nagging her to take those meds!!!

13. spideyjg

spideyjg Bass Gear Geek

She is showing steady improvement and has a follow up with her doctor tomorrow.
    Thanks for all the well wishes folks.

My friend Ted, who Marcy enjoys busting his ass when the 49'ers are losing, got back at her and said a "strong woman" would have realized there was a problem and went to the hospital right then. A dumb one waits until the pain is unbearable. :lol:

She can't argue and finally admitted this morning she should have gone right away.

Seeing as right now the 49ers are down 41 to 0 she is gonna call him again :lol:

Jim

14. Schmidt_Rubin

Schmidt_Rubin Member

The phone bills must be up the way the 49ers are playing :lol:

Vikings and Patriots monday night, go Pats:headbang:

15. RoboCaster

RoboCaster Victory is at hand.

There has been like an epidemic of Fleshing Eating Bacteria... This is scary crap, because the infection can take over from a simple scratch or bang and withing hours your body can be destroyed and it starts out as redness.

16. spideyjg

spideyjg Bass Gear Geek

Oh yeah, that went through my mind. GAS (group A Strep) is the flesh eating bacteria and I was afraid of that or a brown recluse bite. Either are horrid things .

Thankfully everything is progressing. She still has a small area that still hurts and that may have been the entry point.

Jim

17. Air Raid Siren

Air Raid Siren Maidens' Vox

Let us know what happens at the doc's, Jim! Glad to hear she's doing better! :headbang:

18. Lord of Delusions

I've had that a few times, its no fun, especially when you wait a while to see the doc. Glad she's doing well!

19. Timewarrior2001

get well soon mrs spideyjg.

well wait till you hear about my weekend.

Was out Friday in a rock club, bouncers being complete pricks, jump on the table and starts kicking the beers off, kicks a pint into my brother in laws girlfriends head, so we both get up ready to tear the head of this dick, brother in law slips on the wet floor.

6 hours later in the A&E (accident and emergency) dept after the 13 man pub brawl has been taken away by the police, we finally find out he has two fractures and a chipped bone in his ankle!!

Sorted the bouncer though, went back the next night and gave him one hell of a kicking!.