This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Guitar and Pickup news

Discussion in 'LORD' started by Lord Tim, Jul 15, 2014.

1. Lord Tim

Lord Tim That guy from LORD

Hey guys,

So... if you've been on Facebook at all (and I know some of you haven't) you would have noticed we're all proud owners of new ESP E-II signature guitars. :)

I'll let Andy and Mark do their own spiel on their instruments (which are awesome, by the way) but let me tell you about mine. In fact, let me SHOW YOU mine:

In short, it's pretty fantastic! I chat about it more in-depth here:

You'll notice I make a big deal about the Seymour Duncans I have in it, and it's not just because they're amazing sounding, it's because I'm also the newest Australian Seymour Duncan endorsee. Woo! :D

Anyway, full specs, more pics and - if you're so inclined to do so - where to buy this guitar is here: http://www.lord.net.au/lt27/

#1 Lord Tim, Jul 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2015
  2. Nitephyre

Nitephyre LORDwhore/Andy's ManSWOS

Nice work mate... I want to hear more of that bluesy song :D

3. Lord Tim

I should write the whole thing one day and record it - it's been an idea that's been floating around for at least 15 years that I never worked out what to do with until now.

4. Nitephyre

Nitephyre LORDwhore/Andy's ManSWOS

5. bsercombe

bsercombe Member

I WANT!!! Going to be real hard to convince the missus I need another ESP though. FWIW, being the proud owner of both a ESP Horizon FR-II and the guitar that this one has been modified to be similar to I can say the LT-27 signature has got to be my idea of perfect.

So are the solos over that first video. I could listen to that style for weeks.

6. Lord Tim

You should really dig the tones of this, Brad - that Custom 5 is the closest thing to a J90C I've heard yet, and the balance between the neck Hotrails and the Custom 5 is perfect, so your out of phase stuff really screams. :)

7. AussieTerry84

AussieTerry84 \m/ Scanner Scrag \m/

I put a J90c into my Charvel Model 6, being high output and me being ignorant when it comes to different sounding pick ups cause of money, i was expecting it to be high gain n LOUD like an EMG 81.

It actually turned out instead having alot of clarity and even when my gain is full this humbuker makes it sound like my gain is at 70% weird!

8. Lord Tim

Don't forget, the EMGs are active pickups that have a preamp in them. Most passives won't come close to that kind of output. It really comes down to the signal chain. EG: When I was recording with Serenity Defiled, Rick's guitar with his EMGs in there sounded great through his amp, whereas the one I was soloing with that had a JB in it sounded like crap. On the other hand, the EMGs sound pretty sterile and meh through my regular chain here where a passive like the Custom 5 really sings.

9. AussieTerry84

AussieTerry84 \m/ Scanner Scrag \m/

Yeah the J90c is starting to grow on me now, it has this really 80's hair metal tone which is nice. I'm playing it through an Orange Dark Terror, have you played that amp? Its so much fun \m/ i love having just one knob for tone after using Line 6 Pods for the past 6 years lol