This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Join the Chaos

Want to join in with the rest of the Hate Crew? Sign up today!

Guitar Player's Thread

Discussion in 'CoB Off-topic' started by Blindfold, Oct 16, 2006.

1. Swabs

Swabs HAHA COOL

You know raves pretty much don't exist any more right? I mean, if there actually are illegal raves set up in abandoned property where you are then that's great. But I'm getting sick of people using the work "rave" just to describe going clubbing.

2. Muffin

Muffin Dawn

And I'm sick of people referring to a magazine as a "clip", because they think games = good firearms knowledge.

Protip: no one gives a fuck

3. Flappy

Flappy Fetch me a carrot.

I think that's the difference between the USA and the UK when it comes to using the term rave. In Europe it mostly refers to those illegal parties only as where in the US it also refers to general dance music parties.

4. Swabs

Swabs HAHA COOL

People don't think "games = good firearms knowledge". People don't give a fuck about good firearms knowledge. And I don't see why they would unless they were in the military/a paranoid American/some wannabe soldier.

5. Muffin

Muffin Dawn

Well I'm glad you're so fucking versed on this subject, disproving numerous accidental discharges happening every year.

Keep living the dream, mongoloid.

6. Swabs

Swabs HAHA COOL

What? Surely people "not giving a fuck and being a wannabe soldier" is what causes the accidental discharges? Anyway, if you start saying that every MW2 player wants to own a gun you'll start sounding like Michael Atkinson... Besides, what got you into firearms? I don't remember you ever mentioning serving in the military, so what was it? Operation Flashpoint? Little hypocritical if that's the case.

7. Ensi

Ensi CAT WITH FUKKEN PODS

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Swabs

Swabs HAHA COOL

Says the guy who owns a K98 :lol: You're biased in this issue. I think it's an odd hobby is all, and thinking of yourself as an expert and seeing everyone that plays games as some wannabe is just wrong.

9. Ensi

Ensi CAT WITH FUKKEN PODS

:)

It's fun to shoot :D

Not when they make me completely facepalm with their wannabe-knowledge.

I.e. calling everything clips, saying the Desert Eagle is the best pistol ever.

EDIT: I'm not saying every gamer is like this. But those who claim to know everything from playing MW2/CS.

10. Muffin

Muffin Dawn

Besides, lets bring up that doesn't have anything to do with the subject! Yes I did some service in the Norwegian Air Force, not that it has anything to do with this.

And no, you fucking imbecile, I'm talking about people handling weapons after believing their "skill" within a game qualifies them as having proper nomenclature, and then accidentally blowing a hole in their brothers backside. You can keep pretending this doesn't happen though, I really don't care.

I'm not going to even try to educate you any further on this, I'm just surprised you were this ignorant on this subject. My original point was that you're a hypocrite for complaining about something no one gives a fuck about(oh boo fucking hoo, someone uses the word "rave" wrong, cry me a fucking river), and then calling someone out for doing the same thing(like me and Ensi feks).

11. Swabs

Swabs HAHA COOL

I don't exactly see how I'm being "ignorant" in regards to anything when all I'm saying is that I highly doubt it's games that cause accidents with guns. In the same way that games don't cause violence or kids to go crazy. Yes, there is a scary percentage of the American population that are wannabe soldiers but I really don't think that's because of MW2. As I said, I simply disagree with the idea that accidents with guns are specifically caused by people thinking "games = good firearms knowledge".

12. Muffin

Muffin Dawn

Then you are simply wrong, and your logic, however noble, is flawed :)

But lets not crash this thread any more than needed

13. vikk

vikk Member

i gave it a try, sounds kinda flat, i'm downloading this
    [​IMG]
    looks pretty fancy

14. Muffin

Muffin Dawn

Yeah its pretty flat, it "works" in that it sort of fills out the frequency range, but it doesn't sound very convincing on its own

Looks fancy indeed
    Mind posting a sample of it? :)

15. vikk

vikk Member

16. Demonite

Demonite Thor's Hammer

Hey guys, I play lead guitar in two of the bands in my sig. Innocence and Shadows of Despair.
    I want some fucking criticism. I need to evolve as a musician.

17. Windie

Windie oh okay.

I'd love to help you out dude, but while i have no problem saying "uhh, you suck" I'm not good at giving constructive criticism :loco: I liked the music though.

On another note, playing in C is sexy as fuck

18. Demonite

Demonite Thor's Hammer

Thanks man! I had fun doing it. Shadows is a little lamey highschool style metal, but I loved every minute of it. Well if you like Innocence, we are recording a demo at this time. All I can say is that it's gonna blow your dick off because it explores two genres that mix in a very twisted way lol

I love C. But we use 7 strings so drop tunings are kind of pointless
    Hopefully I'll be getting a Jackson Warrior from 03 for that shit.

19. TheKid

TheKid OFR

Wanting constructive criticism is awesome and 7s are sexy as fuck. What gear you using?

20. Windie

Windie oh okay.

this is going to sound extremely dumb, but... Do you mean what guitar/amps/strings/etc I use?

@Demonite: Blowing my dick off might be hard, because I don't have one. :goggle: