This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Join the Chaos

Want to join in with the rest of the Hate Crew? Sign up today!

Guitar Player's Thread

Discussion in 'CoB Off-topic' started by Blindfold, Oct 16, 2006.

1. Mystique1721

Mystique1721 bass solo, take one

^ that looks pretty sic. I love the logo. post some samples, yeah? I've never heard of this amp before.

2. zirkonflex

zirkonflex You name it

I try to change mine around one time a month on my main guitars (not on floyds), its a quitre drastic sound and feeling change.
    You simply CANT play fast with old strings, theyll just flop around and suck ass.

3. Muffin

Muffin cottage cheeae

Possible future setup, what think?

here go:

[​IMG]

through

[​IMG]

into

Ok i'll be honest, no idea about the cab. Mesa 4x12? Anyone got an idea for a cab that works well with both clean sound, crushing rythm, and both dry and wet leads?

4. the phenom

the phenom Member

I don't know about what anyone else thinks but Framus does some quality stuff. Sturdy and good sounding!

5. <-Warheart->

<-Warheart-> † Fuck You Very Much †

Anyone want a used set of DR strings, 11-50? I put them on my RR but I can't adjust the springs for the increased tension because they won't screw into the body wood any further. I have already snapped two drill bits and got them stuck inside so I will not be trying again. The action has risen and made it hard to play, so I'm swapping over for some 10's. If anyone wants them, let me know. They don't have the balls on the end, so they'll need to be installed on a FR style trem.

6. CliffBurton

CliffBurton Member

I used to change them up monthly, but seeing as I'll pick the thing up and play 10-20 minutes every other day or so, I'm not going to bother.

And I dont play fast, I do suck :p

7. Lowberg

Lowberg Member

Sick dude! Madison amps are win, when i played with Into Eternity a few years ago Tim Roth was using them they sounded heavy as balls. I dont remember which model he used but he said it was based off a mesa recto.

And its just my opinion but I'd advise you to stay away from BBE sonic maximizers, they really aren't all they were hyped up to be a few years ago and they will just make your amp sound shrill and harsh. I bought one a few years ago with everyone on forums raving about them and it turned my mesa recto I had at the time into a big POS. I would suggest at least bringing your head into a guitar store first and trying it out with the BBE to see if its what you want.

Yes sir Mesa standard 4x12 with V30s. It is pretty much the best sounding cab for metal I've heard. I have a 2x12 and its super solid.

Speaking of Axe-FX made me re-watch this guys vids
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvKTojs_gaw&feature=channel[/ame]

I want that guitar so bad too, I think its like a Mick Thompson signature or something, idk looks sexy

8. <-Warheart->

That song is awesome.

9. TheKid

TheKid OFR

Slipknot are super ghey but their signature guitars and tone rock bawls.

And I agree with Mitch, that song=winrar

10. Lowberg

Lowberg Member

Yeah that dude's band is teh huvvys.

And yeah Omar, while I'm not a huge slipknot fan (Though 9 years ago I would tell you otherwise lmao...:erk:) I'm looking for a mid-priced and solid tour-worthy Ibanez to get. 24 frets and a trem would be nice but probably wont be for another month or so, I return back to my hometown and back to my regular jobs next week so need some time to make some duckets

Thinking of trying to find one of these on ebay, as they just got discontinued
    [​IMG]
    I have the same model in red but I got it used and its all sorts of messed up, plus I mutilated the fretboard :lol:

Or a white Xiphos is my other choice

11. TheKid

TheKid OFR

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/71822

At the moment it seems as if they've been discontinued but some UK stores still stock them, so you may have trouble finding one if you do at all :( I've played one, the Duncan shreds (duh :D) and the tremolo is an Edge Zero as opposed to an Edge III, which is nice.

God knows how many times I've linked gear hunters to that guitar on here :lol:

12. snowy

snowy The Empire Strikes Back

Shit that guitar looks almost like mine!

13. Lowberg

Lowberg Member

I love how ibanez releases the most new models every year but hate how they discontinue old (And awesome) models all the time

14. WFuneral

WFuneral ...

Yeah Madison amps are really good im pretty sure that this is the one that's based of a mesa recto. And about the BBE sonic maximizer i have played them through many amps but never my own. So far i've been satisfied with the results although it takes many hours to find a setting that sounds good. I will try to post some videos of the Madison amp once i get my esp back from the studio or hopefully some people will take videos of my bands show this saturday.

15. srob7001

srob7001 I shred faces off for fun

I too had this problem when I went up to .11-.56.

I had to add in a fourth spring to make up for the added string tension. I must say I really like the .11's, even more so than the .10's I have been using for 5+ years now. Can get a lot more string tension, which for me equals more efficient playing.

Like this:

|-------|
    |-------|
    | |
    |-------|
    |-------|

16. <-Warheart->

I could give that a try...I'll see if I can find a cheap spring on Ebay and see if that makes it any easier to sort out the action. Cheers for the tip!

And I've got a mate selling an Ibanez RG7321 7 string and a Zoom 5052 for £150. Interested in trying a 7 out, so said I'd take it off him next month. Tune it down to Eb and rock out to some fackin' Nevermore! :kickass:

17. <-Warheart->

Just got one off Ebay, 99p & 99p P&P! :D

18. TheKid

TheKid OFR

7 strings ftw! Make a video of you covering Jato Unit please :D

19. Earth Breather

I just tried a prs singlecut sunburst at guitar center and I have to say I was very pleased. Just looking at it I never thought that I would actually enjoy playing one as it seems very, very simple, but that is what I love about it. Very clean cut tone, like biting. The neck felt incredible too and not to mention it's pretty inexpensive. I might have to get this very soon.
    http://www.prsguitars.com/sesinglecut/index.html

20. charli

charli Member

what exactly is the axe fx unit?