This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

guitar tuner emulator

Discussion in 'Production' started by jman1986, Aug 4, 2011.

1. jman1986

jman1986 Member

I'm just curious to see how you guys tune while tracking, do u use an emulator of a tuner, or a real tuner? Right now i use a real tuner and check to make sure i'm in tune every few takes, so unplugging and going through that stuff takes time away, so i'm here to see what you think would be more worth it, keep unplugging or look into tuner emulators.

If you use tuner emulators, what kind is good? i see the one joey uses seems to be pretty accurate and gives you a reading while your playing. anyone no the name of it?

Any suggestions would help, thanks!

2. Folkrav

Folkrav Jean-Sébastien Beaulieu

He probably uses PodFarm 2 integrated tuner... I use the one from Amplitube 3 (you know, the soft amp I never use on any mix anymore now that I've discovered that impulses on free software sounded better to me :/ ) with my "tracking" sound.

3. Fandus

Fandus Member

Podfarm tuner works.

If you are going to use a real tuner I would use Something like those rackmount korgs. Something that has a input and an output so it just stays on all the time and you play through it. I personally haven't done this and can't comment on whether or not this affects the purity of your signal.

4. Scott Horner

Scott Horner Scottimus Maximus

G-Tune vst.

5. OneDaySky

OneDaySky Clint

Podfarm Tuner sucks Donkey balls. Joey uses it just to monitor while recording. Not to actually tune. Peterson strobe 2.0 is the best way. But my favourite free tuner is AP Tuner. Super accurate :D.....just don't use podfarm, its not accurate to .1 cents, AP Tuner is.

6. jman1986

jman1986 Member

Sweet, thanks guys!