This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

1. Just a heads up... In the next week or two we will be making some major upgrades to the site to bring the software and server fully up to date. While the upgrade happens the site will be offline for the day. There will be some quirkiness after the upgrade, but we'll get it all sorted out.
    Dismiss Notice

Gus G is Ozzy's Man

Discussion in 'ProgPower USA' started by Spiderpact, Aug 21, 2009.

1. Wyvern

Wyvern Master of Disaster
    Staff Member

I have read your previous posts regarding the subject and I think I understand and even share your point to a certain degree.

I don't have an issue with Gus G joining Ozzy that would be as silly as I'm having objections because Gus was in Nightrage too. I loved his work in Dream Evil and I like Firewind (fairly recently and mainly because Apollo, love his vocals skills).

I don't mind at all that Gus make some money courtesy of Shozzy exposure machinery, I only wish that it'll not make him either:

a) left Firewind on a side :erk:

b) change the sound

The last point is related to the quote I took from you. Will I follow Firewind is they blow (I suppose you mean get a great exposure)? Yes I will as long as they don't change the sound, if the albums keep coming like the last two I won't mind if they play at Ozzfest or any other overhyped festival or if they tour with Slipknot or Britney Spears :puke: (after all I have zero chance to see them live anyway living outside the civilized world :p).

2. RagerX

RagerX VOR

Just to let you all know in case you didn't... Firewind is coming to The Masquerade in Atlanta on Saturday, Dec. 12th. My band VOR is opening the show. We have tix at our website www.voidofreason.com or from us in person. Hope to see some of you there!

-RagerX

3. Bryan316

Bryan316 METAL... nuff said!

Trying to find you all the videos of Gus on stage with Ozzy at BlizzCon. He sounds AWESOME. Ozzy, however..... ugh.

I'll treat it the same way I treat most modern hardcore metal. Love the guitarwork, tune out the vocals.