This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Has anyone here ever used Drum Kit From Hell 2?

Discussion in 'F.O.H.' started by rfahey86, Jan 20, 2010.

1. rfahey86

rfahey86 Death Be Not Proud

I just got the program. The samples are awsome, they are unprocessed as opposed to EZ or Superior. The only problem I am having is the fact that it dosen't have an instruction manual. It is not listed on toontrack or even Eastwest's websites. I've managed to do the basics with it but I was wondering if anyone else has used this program successfully? If so an audio sample of how your work sounds would be greatly appreciated.

2. Skinny Viking

Skinny Viking ¯\(°_o)/¯ How do Lydian?

doesn't have an instruction manual?

Hmmm, if you bought it, it should.

If you downloaded it from Toontrack's store, it should. If for some reason it didn't, you can just email them and they will be glad to help one of their valued, paying customers

3. raybrochill

raybrochill Member

...where did you get it? :err:

4. updog

updog Member

If you downloaded it illegally, then no love for you. Or help.

5. mick thompson

mick thompson AKA: Ross Canpolat! SM!

what is it? .gig files? (giga) to load into kontakt or something? because i've never heard of DFH2 and i dont see it on the toon-track site. You shouldn't need a manual. Just load up the .gig files (if they are .gig's) and start hitting midi notes to find out whats what.

strange its not on their site though.. maybe its not toontrack's

6. mick thompson

mick thompson AKA: Ross Canpolat! SM!

UPDATE: its made by east-west sample company - http://www.soundsonline.com/home.php

this is the link where it should be on soundsonline: http://www.soundsonline.com/error_message.php?access_denied&id=33

but the link is dead

i fail to see why they would discontinue this skinny viking. after all its just samples. load it up and work ahead. its not difficult to figure out and would require very little support if it loads up into an external sampler

7. cloy26

cloy26 d00d

8. Skinny Viking

Skinny Viking ¯\(°_o)/¯ How do Lydian?

I meant to write "They discontinued it?" as a fuckoff ... not actually trying to give any real answers or help because there is no way this dude bought this for real and doesn't have some kind of manual ... then I decided to delete my message cause I don't feel like giving this guy any more attention

9. darthjujuu

darthjujuu Member

it's kontakt player. a buddy of mine used to have it and gave it to me, i have the box laying around somewhere. i never got to play with it though, due to the kid losing his registration info and us not being motivated enough to make a project of it. it's a thomas haake kit though, pretty legit samples.

10. AD Chaos

AD Chaos MGTOW

I really don't see why would you want to use that program (besides the dry samples).
    I had it because of ther great demos, but it was really mediocre in terms of usability.

:err:

11. Jind

Jind Grrrr!!! (I'm a bear)

12. slashvanyoung

slashvanyoung Dopefish lives!

I always wondered about this and the connection between Toontrack and East-West...

13. rfahey86

To set stuff strait, I DID NOT DOWNLOAD THIS PROGRAM ILLEGALLY. I was given this by a friend of mine. I think it was bought at a garage sale or somthing like that. Anyhow the instruction manual is missing. I registered it to get the activation code but cannot find a manual for download on any website. I've been using Superior Drummer for quite some time now so I figured out the basics. I just wanted to know if anyone else has used the program. If so maybe some pointers or samples of their work. I figured I'd play around with it in my spare time and see what happens.

14. darthjujuu

darthjujuu Member

the toontrack website used to have downloadable cubase templates that showed in detail how they mixed the meshugga samples, in the members area. if you can find those you'll be crankin.

edit: and if you don't have cubase, it included PDF screenshots of EQ's/compressors/etc.

15. rfahey86

Thanks im going to check that out as soon as i can. They should be very helpful.

16. theRev

theRev Member

I used a lot in past years... I always preferred this over drumkit from hell (the Ezdrummmer version)... Raw samples, great sound (I love the sonor snare sound that Thomas Haake record)... It's a pain in the ass because being in a raw "state", you have to actually KNOW how to mix a drumkit, not like EZDrummer where sounds are pre processed so you have really a small amount of liberty...

But today I won't use it... It has some limitations (it's quite a old library), like the incredible small amount of multiple sample per hit, so or you spend nights and days fine tuning and tweaking the hell out of it (programming wise) or you will get the machine gun effect preatty soon.

If you have the money, just buy Addictive drums and Superior Drummer - The Metal Foundry.. they both have RAW samples and they cover a wide variety of sounds and styles.. Plus they have a gadzillion of samples per hit and layers of velocities that really make it difficult to achieve the MG effect.

Yeah, for me DFH2 wins hands down compared to EZdrummer DFH.. The people that say that DFH2 sounds crap are simply not aware of how a drumkit sound without any process, and they don't know how to process it...

17. Loren Littlejohn

Loren Littlejohn Lover of all boobage.

I own it, bought it at guitar center a LONG time ago. I don't use it anymore. I have superior, the metal foundry, NY vol 2, and steven slate samples so I don't even consider DFH2 an option anymore. lol

18. TheSubstance

TheSubstance New Metal Member

Was hoping to see if you were still on here. Wanted to know if you still have Drumkit From Hell 2? I did some old projects with it but my dvd is scratched and I can no longer install it. Thanks

19. TheSubstance

TheSubstance New Metal Member

Don't know if you are still on here or not but I was wondering if you still had your copy of DFH2? Thanks.