This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Join the Chaos

Want to join in with the rest of the Hate Crew? Sign up today!

Hate Crew Deathroll to be played in full next year

Discussion in 'Children Of Bodom' started by lordcatfish, Oct 15, 2019.

1. lordcatfish

lordcatfish Member

2. ESA1996

ESA1996 Member

Well, dammit, perhaps I'll finally have to get off my ass and go watch it. I've been thinking about going to Tuska for a few years now, but I've yet to actually do it. :D

3. (__Joonas__)

(__Joonas__) † Followed the Reaper †

Should be full FTR next year instead. Well at least they finally bring back LBRH after 17 years.

4. CharIie

CharIie Formerly known as Joker and IDontKnowWhatToWrite

OH MY F***ING GOD!!!

Lil' Bloodred Ridin' Hood, You're Better Off Dead and Triple Corpse Hammerblow live?!!!!! THIS IS A DREAM COME TRUE!
    Someone better film this in 4k!

5. (__Joonas__)

Why not let people vote whether they wanna have FTR or HCDR album played in full? I think the band just feels more at home with the HCDR sound. Honestly, could work if they did HCDR in America and FTR in Europe.

6. CharIie

I'm from Europe and I prefer HCDR to FTW ^^

7. P4T0U

P4T0U Member

haha. I can't imagine Alexi relearning Triple Corpse Hammerblow. Didn't he say he hated the song? lol

8. (__Joonas__)

After In the Shadows anything’s possible, and that song seemed to be amazing live.

9. CharIie

The problem wouldn't be him learning it, but managing to play it live properly.

10. ESA1996

ESA1996 Member

It shouldn't be that difficult, right? I'd imagine stuff like You're Better Off Dead would be harder, as would Kissing the Shadows though that's from FTR.

11. Стас Проклятый

Стас Проклятый Boss Russian Hate Crew

12. (__Joonas__)

From albums post FTR I'd like to have a playthru of Blooddrunk if I could decide. But I was really expecting FTR to get that playthru now.

13. Hatebreeder8

Hatebreeder8 New Metal Member

Well, nothing of this sort will happen now, but I will still give my opinion.

FTR is arguably a better album than HCDR, but I consider TCH & LBRH to be better songs than TOMS & NC. I know they already played Lil' Bloodred, but that was only on the very first gigs after the album came out (in Japan). YBOD is not really the same thing without Ale's voice in the chorus + everyone that saw them on the 2003 European your already heard it. It's still a great track, much better than most other "fuck you" songs that came later. So I would have prefered HCDR over FTR (albums) as the setlist

Personally I would love to see the whole Blooddrunk album live. But honestly that's mostly because I've seen them so many times that it would just be great to hear 'rare' songs in general. The album isn't really that good compared to their early material.

14. Johnny_victor

Johnny_victor Member

Blooddrunk is their last good album. HOB had potential, but it was done too hasty and never finished properly. Ideas all over the place and not connected properly, even Alexi admitted this. Hexed turned out better than I expected, but still, it gets nowhere close to the first three records.

HCDR has good music, but I never liked the production on that one. Kind of feels like they added harshness on everything so that they sound more American, and I don't like that.

15. (__Joonas__)

Yup, definitely feel like Bodom's truest and most unforgettable style was the better songs on Hatebreeder.