This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Have a reservation at the Super 8 Midtown? Read this.

Discussion in 'ProgPower USA' started by miel, Jul 10, 2012.

1. miel

miel Mrs. Harvester
    Staff Member

Have reservations at the Super 8? Read this email we recently received from a gold badge holder:

hey Glenn,

I am going to try and make this short. I had to recently adjust my reservation with super 8 midtown. The reservation center has no record of the hotel being in existence anymore, as well as super8.com. I called the hotel directly and they did not have my current reservation to adjust.They allowed me to make a new one. It seemed odd to me since they have supposedly been booked up for several months now for the festival. I was wanting to let you know so that you could let others, at least on the forum, know to check their reservations. I would hate for everyone to get there and not have a reservation anymore. Thank you for your time, and any further info that you might be able to find out.

(770) 458-2671 is their #

~Jen

2. Riceloft

Riceloft Member

I just called and they still had my reservation. The phone # you listed is incorrect. I was given 404-873-5731. I spoke to an Indian gentleman who told me that it is no longer owner by super 8. Unfortunately I could not understand the new name. I gave him my check in date and last name and he pulled up my reservation details.

3. freakchylde

freakchylde PPUSA Driver o' Doom!!!!!

I'll drive by tomorrow and see what's up.

4. Rezz

Rezz Member

I tried late last week to check my reservation online and I noticed that I couldn't find any mention of the midtown Super-8 on their website and entering my reservation number always got the "our system is undergoing maintenance" error. When I called the number on the Super-8 page though he was able to pull up my reservation and it all looked good. It made me nervous though. Looking forward to hearing about the drive-by.

5. Sumeet

Sumeet Member

Drive-bys are usually associated more with gangsta rap than prog / power metal, but I guess we'll let it slide this time! :)

6. freakchylde

Well, it is Atlanta, the wanna-be rap capitol of the South, so why should they get all the cool terms?

7. Riceloft

Riceloft Member

Any word on the driveby?

8. freakchylde

I forgot to go today (lots of stuff I had to take care of), but I have a 2+ hour lunch break tomorrow, and it's not that far from my office, so it's on the 2-do list.

I'll post to my twitter feed.

9. freakchylde

Ok, as of noon, they still had the Super 8 sign out and there wasn't any visible sign saying that they've changed corporate. They might be an independently owned one, or changed management, but that's the best I can do. Didn't have time to turn in and ask the desk.

10. miel

miel Mrs. Harvester
    Staff Member

Thanks, Lara - we appreciate you!

~Jen

11. freakchylde

No problem, I had a 3 hour lunch break. :)

12. delainnation

delainnation Member

Have any of you had problems at other local Hotels?

13. Miguel

Miguel Member

I made a reservation last week, it's a new brand and everything I didn't get the name and they don't have a website yet, they are in the process of changing brands, the rooms is $79 + tax and so it seemed they still had rooms. Hope this helps anyone.

14. Rezz

Rezz Member

FYI - I called the 800 number for Super-8 a month ago to verify my reservation and they said all was well. I just called the Super-8 directly (404-873-5731) and they had no record of my reservation. They did make a new reservation for me, so I'm not out a room, but they seem pretty confused over there.

15. KingsGene

KingsGene God of Thunder

For those that are still interested, this property is now a member of the America's Best Value Inn chain. You can book directly with the hotel at 404-873-5731 or via website at http://www.americasbestvalueinn.com/bestv.cfm?idp=2027 . If you opt to join the free "value club", you can book at the discounted rate of around $55 per night....Thurs - Sat. However, be careful if you pick the cheapest rate as it may be non-refundable if you decide to cancel....even well in advance. The bottom line is that it's cheap and there are rooms available.

I know others have had poor experiences here, but I have been staying at this hotel since PPUSA VI and not had an issue. I just canceled our reservation at the Residence Inn, so that also might be available if it was sold out before.

16. Berek2000

Berek2000 Member

Unfortunately, I had a bad experience with this hotel on two occasions. All of this confusion does not surprise me coming from this outfit. I wish all who booked there the best. Nothing pissed me off more that trying to check in and NOT having a room because of over booking (insert Jerry Seinfeld reservation skit here). I was put up in an even worse hotel further away. totally sucked. I hope none of you have to go through anything like that this year. Good luck.

17. Riceloft

Riceloft Member

I called and reconfirmed my reservation. They've still got it, though they failed to cancel the 12th as I requested when this thread was first opened. I'll be calling the 800 # on their site to do that today, cause I have no faith that the guy I spoke to on the phone did as I requested.