Separate names with a comma.
Join Symphony X and discover tons of other great Metal forums, sign up today!
Discussion in 'Symphony X (Unofficial)' started by proulxski, May 8, 2007.
this is the first real entertainment ive had on this forum since ive been scanning it
I just have a hard time thinking that if Michael Romeo wanted to tell his own band's website the tracklisting of his band's CD, he could do it whenever...same with offering song demos for DL, same with giving Jax more detail for the "studio updates"....so, maybe it isn't Jax's fault, but she could have done a better job handling this as well...and if SX are in a record contract that is so restrictive that he can't tell his fans info about the damn CD, then SX suck at negotiating for contracts...
Somebody screencap this thread before it gets buhleted plz, it'll be a fucking laugh when the album comes out to look back at this and see how riled up everyone was
Goddamnit, stop being the bigger man!!
As i have said tirelessly, the people on the "bitching" side get argue'd with because they make it clear that they feel that they, as fans, are "owed" something. While i honestly agree with a lot of what they say and their frustrations towards the whole thing, i do NOT agree with their juvinile attitude that "OMG WE WERE PROMISED!!!" To hell with that, them doing any sort of update is going above and beyond. They sound like spoiled children, and that's where my beef comes from.
Just go back and re-read the initial post to anyone who thinks I am the one being unreasonable. Trust me, you'll rofl all over. It'll be a mess... i have like 2 blankets and a sheet to clean all the rofl off of.
It's not just up to MJR, InsideOUT is pretty much running the show.
oh shit....wait a minute Zach,
you mean to tell me that ROFL is also a noun...NOT JUST A ACRONIM?!!??!
deescrybe rofl plz
Right, so in other words, it is perfectly acceptable for a band to operate like Jon Schaffer and Iced Earth??? Updates with the change of the seasons, if you are lucky? Sorry, but I do not think so.....that in conjunction with the outright lie about the "unofficial" cover art about 3 months ago that ended up being the exact final artwork....
OMG ROFL!! You just won an internet! HARRIS! GET THE MAN A COUPON!!!
*sigh* once again, i ABSOLUTELY AGREE that this situation has been handled quite poorly. Everything from the disappearing threads ot the lack of info. My point is that it's all out there now, and unless you have a time machine, you can't change that. I also must point out once again that jax and j-dub are doing what is asked and expected of them by management and the band. they can only do so much. What is the point? I've already validated that your feelings are not strange and unusual. When a young man reaches your age, he often feels strange things like this...
I'm too tired to keep on with that train of thought. It was gonna be hillarious though, i assure you.
I don't think anybody cares about new Iced Earth updates though, so they don't count.
Absolutely! Rofl, often a liquid, but can also be solid in form, is the substance expelled while "lol'ing" when finding something funny on "teh intarwebz". While "Rofl" is never the same from one incident to another, it's often quite messy, and the volume is always rather large. It's also a bitch to clean out of whatever it gets on.
Plz note that "Rofl" is not to be confused with puke or semen.
I remember things quite differently than you. The artwork was never said to not be at all the artwork. It was not confirmed as final. That's it. Don't blame others for your lack of comprehension *insert Chuck solo*
I guess they are doing what is expected of them...if what is expected of them is just to be a web forum moderator who updates the main site when they feel like teasing the fans with what she calls "studio updates" and are really just a bunch of nothing....
Uh... jax doesn't update the main site. And yes, they're doing what's expected of them. O LAWD HOW DARE THEY!!!
well, then there is very little expected of them beyond the mod role on the forum then, because she has done almost nothing of any visible value in the 4 years that PL has been in creation...
*looks around sheepishly*
*walks away with tail between legs*
haha... funny shit.
Meistah, i owe you an internet since ptah isn't around.
AGX, you bore me. I'm going to bed.
I swear to God, just give me a fucking reason....
1) The people running the bands internet presence have NOTHING to gain by witholding information. If "we" are out of the loop, that's a decision higher up the food chain. With the way the tourdates were handled, venues annoucing before any body else did, it made me expect this kind of circus once the album leaked. By announcing ANYTHING outside what management dictates,
is driving a nail in "our" coffin as far as any relationship with the band & its management.
2) Zach is more often right than he's not.
3) If you are expecting some kind of announcement because of all this whining and urine stained teenage angst, don't hold your breath. I see this SAME shit happen with every single release. Certain factions acting like spoiled children who got the wrong toy in their happy meal. On second thought PLEASE go ahead and hold your breath, for as long as it takes.
4) The band owes you NOTHING. If you can't handle it. Please leave, or violate some rules so I can slam the door on your ass. If you think about it this way, then you won't be disappointed when news/info/etc. DOES come down the pipe.
5) Don't like the rules on the forum? There are PLENTY of other places to talk about this stuff on the web. You have NO right to post about whatever you want on a moderated band sponsored forum. Please leave if you can't handle that.
6) If you are on Ritalin or some kind of bi-polar medication, please double up your dose for the next 6 weeks, especially if this kind of stuff sets you off in this way.
7) I'm sure the cd will be worth the wait, in a few weeks, this will all be a moot-point. Don't fuck it up by being a self centered, demanding, whiny crybaby about this stuff. You're obviously STILL here, so you are still interested in it. Most importantly, 99% of the bitching here can be referred to item #1 on this list
Just give me a fucking reason....
You have a tail!?!?!
can i touch it?
Oh, and DZ, take 1 more look at the front page....and I quote:
"the band hasn't had a chance to okay any final artwork, so what you see floating around out there is NOT the final cd cover art."
meanwhile, what do we have now? that same art that was NOT the final CD art IS the final CD art...looks like it is YOUR reading comprehension that needs improved...
actually its not the final cover art... its different. i noticed it instantly. but i wont mention it cos i will get bannedz0rz
so.. your comment = discarded
what, are some words moved an inch to one side or something? because that is virtually IDENTICAL to what I saw a few months ago....