This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Help from our New York/New Jersey friends needed!

Discussion in 'Saxon' started by Sammi951, Aug 23, 2006.

1. Golden_Goose

Golden_Goose Member

:lol: :lol: :lol:

i'm sure whatever you do, you'll have a fuckin blast!:heh: :kickass:

2. Sammi951

Sammi951 Member

We won't be shopping in Brooklyn luv - but full marks for trying!! :lol:

3. Golden_Goose

Golden_Goose Member

:lol:

Well, if you're in Brookyln you could stop here for a free tour :heh:

www.brooklynbrewery.com/

I was also going to say if you guys are into checking out some Metal karaoke.
    www.arlenesgrocery.net/

You've got BB Kings in NYC for shows if you'd like?

www.bbkingblues.com/

These bands are playing there.

THE OUTLAWS
    8:00PM

APPETITE FOR DESTRUCTION Guns N' Roses Tribute
    12:00AM

BEATLES BRUNCH Featuring STRAWBERRY FIELDS
    12:00PM

4. Changes 74

Changes 74 Member

Sammi,for what its worth I'd buy the Outlaws tickets and take your son.I was in Florida last October and went to Sandford Bike Fest to see Molly Hatchett and Blackfoot,my two sons moaned all the week before saying they did'nt want to go but once they were there they had to admit they enjoyed it.Huwie Tommason of The Outlaws is a great guitarist,I saw him a couple of times with Lynyrd Skynyrd and he was awesome,it will be worth going just to hear Greengrass and Hightides live,one of the great guitar tracks of all time.
    New Yorks a great place, I can recomend Brooklyn Brewery beers and the bar in the Oyster Bar at Grand Central Station 42nd St.Have a great time :kickass:

5. Sammi951

Sammi951 Member

Still not sure about taking him to see The Outlaws - I'll have to see! He definitely doesn't like Saxon, Accept, Judas Priest or Iron Maiden, which are the ones he mainly hears at home. Guitars just don't do it for him, unfortunately :cry: I'm sure Paxoman will be sampling the Brooklyn Brewery beers (I wouldn't mind one of their t-shirts!), and we will definitely be visiting Grand Central Station - apparently there is a place in there called Juniors which does fab cheesecake :)

6. spaster

spaster Member

Sammi,since when are the inmates running the asylum?Tell the kid he is going to see the best American band ever.They are nothing like Iron Maiden,Judas Priest or Saxon.They rock,tickets are cheap,and you all will have a great time.Steve

7. Golden_Goose

Golden_Goose Member

Damn! I forgot about the Oyster Bar! :kickass:

Sammi, I'm sure you guys will have fun and imo, catching some live music while in NYC is what it's all about :cool:

I've got a friend of mine who is a big Outlaws fan and he's going and if you met him, you guys would have a blast.