This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Help On Getting This Massive Low End

Discussion in 'Andy Sneap' started by bryan.batiste, Dec 26, 2010.

1. bryan.batiste

bryan.batiste Recording Junkie

does anybody have any insight as to how i can emulate the low end from save the day's "sound the alarm"?? Manny of Glassjaw was still in the band at that point and I'm almost certain he recorded with his SVTPro. I mean his bass tone is MASSIVE.

Steve Evetts produced/mixed and I have looked all across the internet and this forum for any information on this production and can't find a thing.

Is it simply a matter of combining a DI with an amp track or extreme eq/compression? Any information or tips is greatly appreciated. Heres a clip to help:

#1 bryan.batiste, Dec 26, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2015
  2. bryan.batiste

i know its not metal but i know there is an appreciation for good pop punk come on now :hotjump:

3. gixxsta04

gixxsta04 Member

Massive low end? ....They see me trollin, they hatin'

4. bryan.batiste

lol its hard trying to balance that dominant low end without destroying the entire mix

5. crillemannen

crillemannen Member

If you want crazy low end listen to my helloandso mix at: www.studiohaga.net and you should hear some heavey punkrock lowend :) Can't say that the clip has great lowend you posted

6. bryan.batiste

the song i wanted to use as an example isn't posted on youtube, your mix is awesome man what was your signal chain/post processing?

7. Sloan

Sloan Sounds like shit!

i would also like some pro tips on getting that kind of BOOM

8. crillemannen

crillemannen Member

My signal path was Crane Song spider preamp + A/D. Oktava mk012 for overheads, Sm57 for snare and toms. Kick 100% replaced and Peluso 2247LE on mono room. Toms and snare are blended with samples, allot of real snare there really, massive lowend is from the kick and the bassguitar really.
    So that is usually the key to get a good lowend. And the key to a great guitar sound in my opinion is a great bass sound.
    That is why you wont get that many comments because every instrument plays a roll in getting a great mix so it is really down to your own crafting/mxing skill which takes yyears and years to get good at, but good luck!!!