This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

I Wait For You...

...you know you cannot hide. Join the forum today!

help these dudes stay on tour so I can see them in september please.

Discussion in 'Nevermore' started by Kafka, Aug 13, 2013.

1. Kafka

Kafka Member

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/help-arsis-stay-on-tour

they have some pretty cool merch and bundles in return for our donations. It sucks that a band this good (imho) has to resort to this in order to stay on tour, but hey, some great bands just don't get the recognition or resources that larger/shittier bands get.

Anyway, check it out and donate if you can.

2. ~Lynn~

~Lynn~ Bah...

For $1,000 I want them to play the trololllolollol song.

3. Shpongled

Shpongled Member

It is interesting the way the music industry is changing with the times.

4. Kafka

Kafka Member

yea i agree. Only a couple years ago I'd think it be so lame for a band to ask fans for financial help over the internet. Now it's just a reminder of how bad things are getting.

5. Shpongled

Shpongled Member

I think it's good. Fuck cash agenda record labels. Good bands that care about having their music heard will find other ways.

In this case, I dislike the band so I will not contribute, but in general I think it's a good idea. I'll give money straight to the bands I like, for sure.

6. ~Lynn~

~Lynn~ Bah...

Travel costs are huge now. An average band budget motorhome plus a trailer is going to get 8-10 mpg at best, diesel maybe 12-15. eating $1,000 plus dollars a week in fuel alone. The music industry has dug it's own grave. If it were my way I'd have no problem handing Warel, Jeff, Keith Merrow ,etc, etc, etc 50 bucks cash for a cd or show ticket rather than paying the parasitic black hole chain of demise.

7. Traxan

Traxan Member

Well Jeff has put out the hat for cash twice now. Once when his van was broken into and robbed, and again to make his album with Merrow.

Pathetic that a guitarist of his caliber has to beg for funding while a barely competent screeching weasel like Jack White gets passed off as a guitar hero.

8. ~Lynn~

~Lynn~ Bah...

Yep.. but such is mainstream amerika these days. It's amazing that most of the population can find their way out of their house in the morning.

9. lad

lad Pte. Hell

Yep, Jon Gomm and Erik Mongrain have both used pledge campaigns for upcoming releases. And yet certain 'fans' are mystifyingly giving them shit and making accusations of online panhandling.:rolleyes:

I think Louis CK made a huge amount using a similar model.

This.

10. WhiteBeastofWotan

WhiteBeastofWotan Apostitutes!

Do they still play cockrock?

11. Dead_Lioness

Dead_Lioness Godless

Yes, This ^

And also, am I the only one who sees this as a bit fucked up?
    I love music, don't get me wrong, and I always go out and support/buy, but Arsis raised 14,000 according to this link which I find to be completely useless money that otherwise could have been spent on a better cause :/

12. Kafka

Kafka Member

a bit of a belated response DL, but I agree. Especially since they moved the show I was seeing another 80 miles or so away so I couldn't go. dickholes.