This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Help to improve this mix, please!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Practice Room' started by alquimistas1212, Jul 9, 2017.

1. alquimistas1212

Hi everyone, I have made these mixes, guiding my intuition, and what I think may sound good, but I do not know if it would be "politically acceptable". Here people understand a lot about the subject and would be happy to receive some tips to help me improve, or tell me what I am doing wrong and how to solve it.

I used the topic DI It Lives It Breathes - Independence Day here in the forum.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k2riozc1tktb1at/Prueba - 7-5 - B - Con Filt Frec.mp3?dl=0

EDIT 1

Thanks to the advice your have been given me, I have made some adjustments with another mix with the tracks recorded by Leo Peña and Pablo Aragón. Thanks for your help.

Wav:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/4u791xakfh6pwez/KSE - Track.wav?dl=0

Mp3
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/ixup5a0ojiibwtr/KSE - Track.mp3?dl=0

A greeting.

#1 alquimistas1212, Jul 9, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2017
  2. alquimistas1212

Link error. New Link upload.

3. dr.distortion

dr.distortion Member

Hi, man! There are some issues in your mix you should work with.

Your overall mix sounds overprocessed and unnatural. Your drums is the biggest problem here, they are overcompressed and sound robotic. You may spend some more time and program them better. Also, a kick drum has no punch.

Don't like your guitar sound, it's pretty dirty in 2.5kHz-4kHz area. Actually I don't think you can fix it with an eq, I would make a new reamp, if I were you.

By the way, you have pretty nice bass tone.

4. alquimistas1212

Thank you very much for the help. I will Work the batteries to see if I can improve the sound. I have made the guitars to purpose. I like the sound, but a very good note, which tells me about the 2.5khz-4khz area for upcoming projects. It's great to have your help. Thank you very much.

5. DIYistkrieg

DIYistkrieg Member

Love the bass!!! The drums sound overprocessed as dr.distortion already said. Anyway I kinda like the guitar tone. The drums are the only "problem" here, I'd start working on that, once you've managed to have some better samples with better dynamics you're good to go IMO!

6. alquimistas1212