This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Help

Discussion in 'Shroud of Bereavement' started by Darryl, May 9, 2008.

1. Darryl

Darryl Member

Hey Guys, I have a question for you.

Back in 2000, I saw Avernus play in Cleveland. They were selling a live CD they recorded at a club and burned themselves. I bought it for five bucks.
    IT BECAME MY FAVORITE ALBUM. They never released it professionally.

And with the fire, my computer and my mp3 player are dead, my CDs melted.
    And I think I'm the only one on the planet who cared about that CD.

It was called Where Forgotten Shadows Die. Does anyone happen to have it?

There is a company that will try and recover the data from my mp3 player, but they charge $125.
    (It's almost worth it, but man, that's a lot of money to me.) :yuk:

2. dan of bereavement

dan of bereavement shroud of bereavement

I will look around for ya man, Jeremy, our friend and owner of our old label has about 6,000,000,000 cd's in his personal collection, and may just have that one. And that sucks ass by the way man.

Fuck, so sorry to hear that man!

3. darkenedsoul

darkenedsoul Darkened Soul

Hmm, I don't think that's the one I happen to have. I bought one some time ago but I'd have to dig through the A's in my collection to find it...it isn't live I believe either. Sorry I don't have that.

4. La Rocque

La Rocque I am that I am

5. Darryl

Darryl Member

6. kleo706

kleo706 Member

The only non-label Avernus in my library is a band-released 3 track CDR promo that came out about when I joined. If I can find either of my copies... you're welcome to it.

7. dan of bereavement

Also, I talked to Jeremy from our old label, and he has 2 of their releases. He is willing to burn or sell it to you. I have one of their albums and you are very welcome to it as I didn't really dig on the one I have.

Also, Rhett (Ex Morgion) from Gravehill's woman has a crazy distro with tons of weird and hard to find cd's I could mention it to her as well.

Ohh and Jeremy also said try Gem He said he got his copies relitively easy through there.

8. darkenedsoul

Avernus

This is what I got from www.gemm.com and two are cd's one is cassette. I have Of the Fallen and Where Sleeping Shadows Lie.

9. kleo706

kleo706 Member

Maybe we should throw the dude together a care package of cool stuff?

10. dan of bereavement

Great idea Kleo. I have lots of stuff! Like 300 cd's I haven't listened too in 7 years.

11. kleo706

kleo706 Member

"Dear Darryl,

We the current, former, and pretend members of Shroud of Beareavement felt awful about your situation. So here are 666 CDs worth of shit we don't listen to any more.

xoxoxo
    -now you see why they call us SOB-

p. s. Sorry half these CDs are the same Journey album. Dan deals with his problems by drinking and buying anything with "Seperate Ways" on it waaaay too often."

12. dan of bereavement

Ha ha ha, I was not implying that I would give my dear friend shitty cd's, but rather cd's in general. I have about 1000 cd's and only really listen to about 30 of them. There are several awesome cd's in my collection that are great albums, but stuff I just either don't have time for, or have just lost touch with.

13. Darryl

Darryl Member

At Gemm.com:

[​IMG]

That's my kind of care package LOL

14. Darryl

Darryl Member

Seriously, I'm actually doing ok, music-wise.
    My largest loss was my book collection. I had about 18 books signed by Gene Wolfe. Other signed books, too. Quite a few were out of print...

I happened to find about 35 albums worth of mp3s that I had copied to my dad's computer a year and a half ago from my old mp3 player. (I don't even remember doing that!)

And I've been able to buy more songs.

My collection was like Dan's. I have a ton of CDs, but I only listened to a few. Luckily, those 35 albums were my favorites.

BTW, Dan. I have a couple of things of yours I rescued from the wreckage:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    maybe one or two more....

15. darkenedsoul

I'd do middle first, right one second cuzz I can see what their asses look like! Left one I dunno about....too dark to tell! But looks good otherwise! LOL

16. darkenedsoul

I've got probably 2000+ cd's/burns in my collection (ask Dan, he's seen my racks!, one is a 1000 and another is a 768 so figure half full sized or more and rest slimlines = much more than intended amount! I want to get one more 768 for the closet since I've been cleaning it out.

But I am like a Dan/Darryl where I have a small number I listen to a lot of. But I have been trying to dig up other ones I haven't heard in awhile to recapture the magic of them, and also to find ones (burns or real) that I don't care about so I can try and weed out the collection. I have >100Gb of albums on my NAS device (network attached storage for you non-techie folks) which I have my iTunes library pointing to for my iPod when I decide to reload it...a majority I haven't burned yet and are hard to find or will eventually be gotten on CD when I find the time/money to get them. I do have some bad rips I have grabbed from newsgroups (wtf - don't you check your rip dink?!) which I toss...but sometimes I find stuff I haven't been able to locate online anyplace...when I do and I really REALLY like it I'll buy it. Most often it's to check it out to see if it interests me. If it doesn't I'll delete them.

But I do spend a fair piece ordering online (the end, red stream mainly) or other places for my ambient purchases. And I do try and support them as I can in ways I can.

But it also allows me to turn folks on to other stuff they are curious about or interested in and I expect them to eventually buy something from those artists either personally or via an online store.

17. kleo706

kleo706 Member

Well Darryl I'll leave it up to you. Dan's willing... I've got no problem parting with some stuff (unless you want me to tell you what's coming because honestly... it's going to be this rad semidrunken blindfold game)... and Mike will at least gloat that he has a better collection than all of us combined. Sure you've got digital backups of some lost shit but honestly man... I pretty much grew up on Strapping Young Lad. City's on my IPod pretty damn frequently. However, I have a full on lossless copy for every stereo in my possession because
    a) they were $3.00
    b) the feeling of the real deal is sometimes just 100x better than a copy
    Take some shit... trade it... get your lost gems back. Or don't. Again, your choice.

18. dan of bereavement

Yeah Darryl Let me know man.