This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

1. Just a heads up... In the next week or two we will be making some major upgrades to the site to bring the software and server fully up to date. While the upgrade happens the site will be offline for the day. There will be some quirkiness after the upgrade, but we'll get it all sorted out.
    Dismiss Notice

Hi/Low Output Pups Vs. Amp Sims?

Discussion in 'Backline' started by Robert W, Jul 6, 2013.

1. Robert W

Robert W Member

Something I was wondering about, I've read that higher output pups tend to a have better focused low end response compared to that of medium to low output pups when being pushed at high gain, resulting in more perceived "push" from the cab. But what about when using amp/cab sims? Do high output pups really have any advantage then in the digital realm?

2. Deuteronomy

Deuteronomy Member

Higher output means that the microphone will recieve more pressure,so it's obvious that there will be a difference,i don't know about amp sims since i use them rarely,but i guess that there will be a difference

3. Fbarre

Fbarre Member

Same with amp sims although you can increase the volume of the input signal. I prefer high output pickups.