This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Hi!

Discussion in 'Maiden Downunder' started by Goreripper, Dec 21, 2013.

1. Shadow298

Shadow298 UNLEASH THE GUAN

Sucks, mate, hope you recover well.
    Know all about being stuck unable to do much because you're recovering from something, never fun.

For my part, have almost finished my thesis but have been procrastinating on the editing stage because of random issues.

2. Southy

Southy Proud Brisbane Metaller

We all do that from time to time :kickass:

3. Winmar

Winmar Pillock of society

I just got back from working in Timor. A few weeks before that was in Indonesia and Singapore on hols. It's been a busy year.

Oh hai Mark!

Shit man, what happened?

4. Southy

I got knocked off my motorbike by what I presume was in inattentive driver, perfectly upright on second, on the ground the next. There are witness statements to this effect. I didn't get knocked out or anything, hooray for me but completely fucked my shoulder (disclocated A/C joint and ligament issues) and after 6 weeks of complaining they finally x-rayed my foot and it is full of fractures as well.

Being a mechanic there are no light duties I can perform at work because we are a small shop, and now I have been put in a moon boot I couldn't be there for safety reasons anyway :mad:

Off work without pay, and good ole centrelink reckons it is not worth getting their assistance as when I do go back we will have to pay them back. So again it pays in this country to work and pay your taxes for sweet fuck all help when you require it, hoorah for Insurance.

End of rant...:headbang:

5. Winmar

Winmar Pillock of society

Bloody hell man, that's not good at all. Did the drive off or stick around afterwards? What sort of conditions were you riding in?

How long are you in a moon boot for?

6. Southy

As far as I am aware the driver kept going, moon boot comes off in 2 weeks, the shoulder is the big concern mate.