This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Join the Chaos

Want to join in with the rest of the Hate Crew? Sign up today!

Holiday At Lake Bodom (15 Years of Wasted Youth)CD+DVD

Discussion in 'Children Of Bodom' started by sleeper666, Mar 12, 2012.

1. Talker of the tower

Talker of the tower New Metal Member

When/where we can see the dvd and all that backstage footage ?

2. random-x

random-x Member

It comes with the compilation CD, at least in Finland it was released yesterday. :)

3. hauta

hauta Tengo mucho sueño -_-

Gonna get it tomorrow :lol:
    That Roope thing sounds interesting :lol:
    I have no idea from where can I get it in Rovaniemi (I've been here for months and I never got the chance to go out for a nice walk.. :cry: ), but I'll search! :D
    I always laugh mu ass off when I watch some interviews with them or random clips, so I can't wait to get my hands on it XD

4. Talker of the tower

But there's people who have the 2 covers uploaded and the footage( what I want :) ) haven't been uploaded yet

5. Sany

Sany Member

I became it today with a Bodom Flag :)

6. (__Joonas__)

(__Joonas__) † Followed the Reaper †

Just heard the Jessie's Girl cover. These are actually the best covers they've made since the Scorpions and Ramones ones. The sound is also back to the blacker colour like Blooddrunk and the covers after Blooddrunk. RRF was that orange'ish American thrash sound. I'm sorry this sounds stupid but I see a colour in music I listen to. It was good they chose songs that are all-out catchyness instead of some country-ass bullshit with five verses.

7. Talker of the tower

I do it too.
    Something Wild: red ... express me anger and pain.
    hatebreeder: green... express me mistery, the reaper talking to you( im a freak :)
    Follow the reaper: blue... express that the reaper and the death can also be killing you while laughing
    The other don't express me nothing. I think that is the atmospheric thing... in the 3 first you can feel something with all the instruments, they make some good atmosphere
    this is why I like old boodm.

8. (__Joonas__)

Blue expresses the lake and the ghostly atmosphere. Otherwise, you and I are from the same planet.

9. Talker of the tower

yea. And if I like bodom, is for that reason, is the only band that can make me feel all that shit hahaha. Not all the bands can do this

10. (__Joonas__)

But that is only because they chose catchy covers this time. Have they improved on them like they did with Scorpions and Ramones? Not really, all they did was give it their trademark cover sound, overly much heaviness and tempo. Of course if that happens to be your thing then it's better than the originals.

What COB need is to compose shitloads of catchy original ideas for the next album. Alexi says it's fake if they start trying to be like old days but there's not that something in it. Well he doesn't need to be depressed doing that. All that same aggression he can generate by thinking about annoying people he's met, and for the atmosphere he needs to open his heart and go out in the woods alone to compose, then it's all down to creativity when writing catchy, heavy rocking riffs and epic guitar melodies and feelingful keyboard background. This would demand a change of vocals and lyrics too. But I can't see what's so difficult about this as they have the tools necessary, unless the creativity is just dead. The music needs to feel purposeful and memorable, not just thrash notes lashing at you.

11. doubleteam

doubleteam Custom User Title

Then it should be easy, he just needs to think of you and next we have an album full of 9x you're better of deads.

12. (__Joonas__)

I want to inspire Alexi to write more aggressive shit. He hates me so much he would take the keyboards away if Janne wasn't his friend.

13. Deadbeat

Deadbeat Member

you only say that because it's the color of the album covers.... stop being a fag

14. (__Joonas__)

Yeah, the Reaper's gown is black anyway, so I think he means the lake and all that. How can a Swedish guy call anyone fag btw?

15. hauta

hauta Tengo mucho sueño -_-

He doesn't hate you. He just can't hate a person he does not know and it's juvenile to hate a person on the Internet..
    Janne probably feels slight annoyance when it comes to you, but that's all. If one day he sees you personally and you tell him who you are, he won't kill/punch/stab/rape you- he'll just laugh or simply do nothing.

16. (__Joonas__)

Yeah man, the thing is I've been very ambitious about the whole thing, maybe it's insulting I don't respect some aspects on their new direction of music, and it's frustrating they won't turn the music more atmospheric and evil and all the stuff I keep telling, but yeah. I have seen Janne too but I didn't really even know who he was back then, hahha. I've only talked with Henkka ja Roope in person. It's no point meeting me in real life unless they want me to come talk about ideas to them. :lol: Why should Alexi hate me, I've only stated his vocals have got worse and his best creativity disappeared.

17. random-x

random-x Member

I'm pretty sure it's gonna end up in youtube some day, but I won't be uploading it because it's an official release of the band and you should support them by buying it. :)

18. snowy

snowy The Empire Strikes Back

you said that already a 10000000 times. Get over it, it's not your band.

19. sleeper666

sleeper666 MetalMutha

Love the dvd, it's like COB-tv, only longer :D And interesting to see this in there; when I first saw it on YouTube I wondered if the filming from the COB side of the fence would ever surface in a COB dvd, and finally it has

#219 sleeper666, May 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2015
  20. sleeper666

sleeper666 MetalMutha

+ 1