This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Homophobia

Discussion in 'The Philosopher' started by monoxide_child, Mar 23, 2009.

1. Dak

Dak mentat

Overpopulation is a massive crock of shit, to be frank. I will agree that earth's resources are being wasted at an extreme pace.

The focus of the individual (and in turn, society) should be the creating a successful family nucleus, strengthening society and embettering the world by default. We would not need program after program, charity after charity, if people took individual responsibility for making the world a better place.

This sex centered society we have now is basically societal devolution, rendering us closer to the animals we supposedly came from, not to mention being selfish and destructive as hell (destructive as in production lost in worthless sexual pursuit, disease spread, unwanted pregnancies which turn into more deaths or maladjusted adults in the next generation). Homosexuality is not the only culprit in this downward spiral, merely another type of wanton destructive selfish sex-centeredness in this devolving society.

2. Thoth-Amon

Thoth-Amon Hypochondriac

Antibiotics are overprescribed, that is true. But its not always easy to determine when it is best to perscribe them. In many cases doctors prescribe just in case there is an infection or just in case an infection might crop up after a procedure, i.e. as a safety precaution. Thus it is a sad reality that antibiotics are overprescribed but until we come up with a better of getting rid of unwanted pathogens its one we have to live with.
    Pasteurization however is not bad... unless you want to risk drinking Tuberculosis and other pathogens.

As far as your last post... I disagree that having a family nucleus is the only way to improve or better society. There have been scores of people throughout history who did not reproduce or marry and have benefited society and mankind in general... both in small ways and in large ones. Beethoven anyone?! Furthermore I do not see how Homosexuality= wanton selfishness and destructivness. Really that kind of a generalization is about as realistic as thinking all black people must be gangbangers and crackheads on welfare.
    Oh, and overpopulation is not a massive crock of shit. Its simple logic that the more people there are the resources are going to be used.

3. Dak

Dak mentat

Don't get your milk from bad sources then. Pastuerization kills all the good bacteria in milk. All pastuerization does is allow bad milk to be sellable.

I am not generalizing homosexuality, I am generalizing "sexual liberation", of which homosexuality is just a facet.

Overpopulation is a crock of shit as in we are not currently even remotely close to actual overpopulation, despite what population alarmists claim. If you and I both want a soda, and there are 6 sodas, and I drink 3, put 1 out of reach and pour the other 2 out, this doesn't mean there aren't enough sodas to go around.

4. Hell Patrol

Hell Patrol Member

Even if the world did theoretically become overpopulated, people would just die off due to lack of shelter, food, access to healthcare etc. Survival of the fittest would mean that the gene-pool would actually be improved. This process would continue until the population had reached an equilibrium with the amount of resources remaining.

Of course all those people dying wouldn't be a good thing, so let's hope that it never happens.

5. stephahnie

stephahnie Member

Back to the original question..

The etymology of the word 'Homophobia' was first used in the late sixties to early seventies. Derived from the words homosexual, in reference to a gay male, and phobia, an irrational fear. It was actually used to describe a heterosexual man's fear of being perceived as gay, although I do believe now it is more commonly used to describe a negative attitude or fear towards those in same sex relationships.

6. monoxide_child

monoxide_child New Metal Member

the existence of homosexuality is a population control mechanism, in a world without GLBTs breeding through artificial insemination, homosexuality prevents population from growing too fast

7. NikeGoddess

NikeGoddess New Metal Member

I dunno where this stems from but I think individuals have the option to choose what they want to be. As long as they pose no peril to society, I'm fine with homosexuals.

8. monoxide_child

you re-animated a thread from a whole freaking year ago o_O
    sounds like some crazy-ass crap i would do :tickled:

9. AllShallFall

AllShallFall Senior Member

Homophobics have a problem with their own sexuality, so they are afraid of others they might think are like them

10. monoxide_child

11. Summerian

Summerian Internetdamaged

Homophobia is today one of the usefull tools used by the facist around the world (calling themselves the christian right and what not) to alienate, disrupt, alarm and terrorise to end secularism, democracy and enlightenment.

12. monoxide_child

did NikeGoddess, AllShallFall, and Summerian actually read the first 7 pages of this thread?

13. Finality

Finality Daimyo Rorenzo-kun

idgaf if people are gay, bi, pansexual or whatever. It's really a non-issue that's used by the supposedly moral community to further their agenda. As for me, if I think it's pretty I'll put my penis in it. ONWARD CHRISTIAN SOLDIERS!

14. monoxide_child

are you saying that you'll put your penis into people of either gender??

15. monoxide_child

this is actually how i feel

#195 monoxide_child, Mar 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2015
  16. AllShallFall

AllShallFall Senior Member

Hell, man. If two people love each other and it's consensual, i don't give a fuck if they're straight, gay, bisexual, transgender or whatever. Why should anyone judge who other people can and cannot love? it's fucked up and retarded to do that shit.

17. monoxide_child

this^^ was exactly my point

watch the video people, watch the video

18. Carmen_Rock

Carmen_Rock New Metal Member

The opinion around this topic is determined by this fact: if you're a religious person, of if you're under the commandements that society gives to you, then you dislike homosexual manifestations and/or heomosexual people. If you ignore these rules, and you think on your own, probably you don't care about what other people do with their life, their feelings and their sex.
    I don't care about other sexual behaviour or tendencies, I'm a hetero, but I want everybody to be happy and confortable with their feelings and their sexual life. I think nobody should take part in such personal matters, because homosexual people don't hurt anybody by loving themselves or having sex with each other. I think every people in this world should live on their own and let other people do the same too.

19. monoxide_child

i wanna see an actual gay person post on this thread

20. excusetheblood

excusetheblood Christsodomizer

I am openly bisexual and anyone who doesn't like it can suck my dick. (See what I did there?)