This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

How did YOU find Evile?

Discussion in 'EVILE Discussion' started by MetallicSlayerDeth, Dec 26, 2009.

1. MetallicSlayerDeth

MetallicSlayerDeth Staring into your soul...

Well since all these newbies are telling us how they ended up here:lol:

I was just goin around checking out youtube, when one of my subscriptions posted a vid of how to play Thrasher. I ignored it cuz I was stupid enough at the time to think every thrash band outside the big 4 sucked.

Then A while later the same guy posted a video kinda promoting Evile and their youtube channel. I was like "What the hell, I'll check em out, but they probably suck"

I checked out thrasher and I thought the intro was kinda cool but nothing special. I would have turned it off if it wasn't for they way you banged your head and acted all crazy. When Matts voice finally kicked in, I was hooked for the rest of the song. I checked out "We who are about to die" and saw some vids of the band acting funny in the studio and downloaded ETG.

ETG was so awezome I decided to buy it, and when IN came out I of course bought it too.

I joined the forum and found some fellow metalheads which are not in existens were I live.

This made me open my eyes to the world of thrash for real, and a few months later, I'm into loads of awezome thrash bands.

2. M1kko

M1kko Member

I have a mate in UK, was talknig with him about Xentrix and he mentioned about this new thrash band from UK he had just heard about and linked me a youtube vid of thrasher.

3. Chipmonkcheeks

I was watching Slayer play Raining Blood live and someone had done a comment along the lines of "OMG IF YOU LIKE THIS THEN CHECK OUT EVILE!!!1111!!1!"
    So for some reason I listened to him and it was a good thing :)

4. Keenan

Keenan Crippling Self Doubt

Rock Band.
    I bought the Earache pack when it came out. Thrasher being the first one I tried.:lol:

As soon as the riff after the intro kicked in I was hooked. :D

5. Spacedeck

Spacedeck Member

You know mine but in short, was in HMV and my mate brought them up and cause I'm intrested in seeing how good bands are like from my own home town I gave them a listen and now love them.

6. Covet Chaos

Covet Chaos Weedian

I was on a forum that Ol was on back in 2006 (dont worry i wont say what forum). And somebody started a thread to show your guitar playing n shit. Or maybe Ol started it. But it was a video of him recording the solo for Thrasher on the Hell Demo, i noticed how the soloing was a spot on Jeff Waters styled solo, so i checked out the myspace and was hooked. Pretty much that simple. Then Ol forwarded me to the whole UK Thrash scene in a time when it was in its prime.

I remember trying to sign up to the old forum but it was arsed and wouldnt verify, but this place opened up a few months later when ETG was coming out.

7. diddykoi6

diddykoi6 Stone Cold Metal

This cat called jaaaaaameees who got me into metal lent me megadeths discography and after i was liek MOAR PLEX! and he lent me metallica - kill em all and evile - enter the grave and i listened to all of enter the grave twice i was so immensely impressed. then i put metallica in, listened to one track and got bored and listened to enter the grave again.

8. vMETALLICAv

vMETALLICAv Member

i had tickets to see megadeth at rock city an Evile was supporting them an around the same time Evile was on this get in the ring battle of the bands thing on a music channel on sky

9. Chipmonkcheeks

Should have done that :D

10. siobhan!

siobhan! Street Team shindiggery.

07, when my friends is Sanctity told me about the lads in Evile, then saw them live in October :)

11. Slatanictrash

Slatanictrash Member

Boring, thats how I found Evile

Nah only joking

I was lucky enough to be channel hopping and I came across Evile on a battle of the bands thing on SKY, just the same as how vMETALLICAv said how he came across them

12. Ocelot2010

Ocelot2010 Burger King Diamond

I was wondering what the shit Flemming Rasmussen was doing these days, so I looked at him on Wikipedia, found out he produced Evile's album, so I decided to check out who Evile were.

At first I was like "meh, they're nothing really special"
    Then I kept listening to them
    And kept listening to them
    and so on
    and so on

Now here I am, my life consumed by the Evile message boards.

13. Zehm

Zehm Member

I was sick of emocore bullshit and wanted to start a thrash band. I figured I couldn't be the only one who thought this way, so I did a myspace search for bands who were influenced by Megadeth. I found a bunch of other good 'uns that way. Mutant, Pitiful Reign, Mass Extinction, Havok, Warbringer, et, al.

14. TheUnnamedOne

TheUnnamedOne Member

They added me on myspace around the time they got signed, but I didn't listen to them until some people from a messageboard I was on started talking about them. So I checked em out and liked what I heard.

15. Risteard

Risteard New Metal Member

RockWorld TV when they were playing Thrasher in the middle of a boxing ring.

I think it's safe to say that Thrasher is the song that got most people into Evile.

16. thebluenose

thebluenose New Metal Member

was helping a guy i know move house and he had the all hallows eve demo *this was a few months before enter the grave came out* he put on the demo on his car stereo when we were traveling to and from his flat and his new house. i loved it. he said the new album is being released in a few months and flemming rasmussen.

i bought it the day it came out and i fell in love

17. diddykoi6

diddykoi6 Stone Cold Metal

he said the new album is being released in a few months and flemming rasmussen.

18. MetallicSlayerDeth

MetallicSlayerDeth Staring into your soul...

he said the new album is being released in a few months and flemming rasmussen.

19. Alteredmindeath

Alteredmindeath Wasteland Survivor

When I heard this band made a song about Rambo, I had to check them out. Luckily I like thrash and was looking for some fresh blood bands to get into, and Evile fit the criteria decently.

20. Never the same

Never the same That dude.

Well I was bored and out of music one day and asked Ol to start a band and yeah that's basically what's the happy-haps. :cool:

On a more serious note; I have no bloody clue. I reckon on the Megadeth forums when their ETG hype started.