Separate names with a comma.
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Discussion in 'Opeth (Archived)' started by PIGIRON, Apr 2, 2008.
Five or six... I'm beginning to lose count. I missed them on the Deliverance/Damnation tour though
Twice... more in '09 I hope!
Just once so far. Back in October in Vancouver. They set the fire alarm off 3 times.
^ I'm unbelievably angry that the Commodore Ballroom has an age restriction. I've missed so many great shows.
^ Sometimes they have all ages shows. Just rarely when the really good bands are in town.
I've seen them two times
I think it has something to do with my hair.
'cause on both concerts I was a skinhead...
And when I finally grow some hair, Mikael decides to get sick.
We were really unhappy that day! we had to settle with inflames instead (which were awesome btw)
We tried our best to look unhappy;
I can see that's from the Hove Festival. Was there myself mainly just to see Opeth, and when i heard they cancelled I almost cried. But In Flames put up an awesome show that night.
I got into Opeth in '04 but wasn't able to see them live until this year.
May 22, 2008 at Prog Nation NYC
September 18, 2008 at Nokia Theatre
I plan on seeing them pretty much every time they come through here from now on.
yeah, thats the sole reaon we where there too!
Mikael, you owe me a private lapdance concert!
just once :/ it was on June 20th,08 and if they come here again,i'll go and see them again
I saw them at the end of their Ghost Reveries tour, Oct. 5th, 2006 at the Masquerade. They opened up for Lamb of God & Peter was still in the band. What a tall guy The atmosphere when I entered the heaven stage was like no other, a maroon curtain covering LOG's rig but made their silhouttes so eerie. I missed GOP, but got their in the middle of Leper. Afterwords heard Grand Conjuration, Windowpane & Deliverance...I'm planning on catching them next fall, I have a feeling it will top any Opeth show I'll ever see.
Totally tedious to put this list together, and no one gives a shit, but something I've been meaning to do anyway.
1. 7/28/2000 -- milwaukee metalfest
2. 4/10/2001 -- jaxx in virginia with amorphis
3. 5/6/2001 -- jaxx in virginia with nevermore
4. 1/21/2003 -- jaxx in virginia with paradise lost and tapping the vein
5. 1/27/2003 -- chicago house of blues with paradise lost and tapping the vein
6. 5/23/2003 -- newport hall, columbus, ohio, with lacuna coil and beyond the embrace
7. 7/21/2003 -- 9:30 club in d.c. with porcupine tree
8. 2/15/2004 -- 9:30 club in d.c. with moonspell and devildriver
9. 11/4/2005 -- jaxx in virginia with nevermore and into eternity
10. 2/17/2006 -- recher theatre in baltimore with devin townsend and dark tranquillity
11. 5/26/2008 -- constitution hall in d.c. with dream theater
12. 10/26/2008 -- rams head live in baltimore with high on fire and baroness
I thought there were more, but I can't find a definitive list of tour dates before 2005.
Two times, both this year.
@ Lina: great!
Defenders of the Faith - April 08
Watershed tour - Nov 17th 08
Wacken Open Air 2008 - 1st august.
Metal Rock Fest 08, Lillehammer - 15th august
and coming up:
USF Verftet, Bergen - 14 march.