This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

how many times have you seen saxon?

Discussion in 'Saxon' started by lizzie, May 11, 2005.

1. lizzie

lizzie Member

well? I love this band, I think I lost count around 25 times lol Honest

2. midnightrider

midnightrider Member

I think i must of seen them at least 40+ times since 1979,many memorable gigs,and hopefully still many more too come.

3. nightwar

nightwar Member

Nice topic, Lizzie!

Bloody Hell - talk about hard-core fans! 25+ & 40+ !!!!

OK - how about me? Let me have a think....

Ummm..... Once!

I think I have a little catching up to do!!!

4. RicknRoll

RicknRoll Member

Wow! are those numbers correct I have seen them twice must be because you guys are in europe they don't get over here as much (U.S.A)

5. saxon747rock

saxon747rock Member

Ive seen saxon 20 times in total all the shows in England, My first saxon concert was at sheffield city hall if i remember right on the innocence tour.

My fav saxon concert has to be in london on the Lionheart tour.

6. valanx

valanx Room of Angel

Once also! ....

7. CRUSADER747

CRUSADER747 \\Power Metal Maniac//

I have only seen Saxon three times so far :erk:
    Wish i could get to see them more often, but its so expensive. The last time i saw them (Bradford 2002) it cost £40 just to get a taxi home :ill: . I haven't been to a rock concert since, and it may be a while until i go to another :cry:

8. DirtySanchez

DirtySanchez You're my wife now!!

6 times. Hopefully many more to follow! :headbang:

9. Paxoman

Paxoman Member

First time was at the Rainbow in 1980, but I have lost count! I would say probably 30+ times. The highlight was probably seeing them in Brussels. It almost didn't happen though because I came down with chicken pox a week before the gig! But I'm a soldier don't you know! :lol:

Sammi wants me to say that she has seem them 4 times! Why she couldn't say that herself I don't know!

10. MatRattz

MatRattz Member

Somewhere in the 20+ times I think. I'm generally to be found at the front with pints stacked up on the stage in front of me....

... Headbanging is thirsty work.

11. Fingers

Fingers Member

I've seen them between 10-15 times (alcohol does that to the memory allegedly !) First gig, Manchester Apollo - Friday 6th September 1985 (cost £5.50 !).

I've just framed 7 tickets, Rock the Nations tour programme (Signed By Biff, Nige and Quinny) and Nigel Glocklers drum stick (from the last Astoria gig) and if I say so myself, it looks the nuts.

12. Paxoman

Paxoman Member

£5.50 a ticket? You were ripped off mate! :lol:

13. nightwar

nightwar Member

Paxo said:
    "Sammi wants me to say that she has seem them 4 times! Why she couldn't say that herself I don't know!"

Cheers, Paxo, mate!

Come on Sammi - your count ain't going to be taken seriously until you tap it in personally! Just cos Paxo is on the forum all the time doesn't excuse you! Get posting!!

BTW - Valanx: Once! Thanks for the support and honesty, Mate! You are a Diamond Geezer (if that's the phrase?)!!

14. Fingers

Fingers Member

I know mate, I've been saddled with the debt for years now, it wouldn't have been so bad except..................

In 86 @ the same venue it was £6

and

In 88 @ the same venue it was £6.50 !

Ever feel like you've been had? :D

15. valanx

valanx Room of Angel

Cheers fella! I would of loved to say something like "oh ive seen them like 400 times" or something, but i couldnt do it! I guess in a perfect world we would all get to see every gig!

Ah well this beer goes out to a perfect world!!!

16. saxonfan

saxonfan Member

first time on Rock the nations.then not until Unleash the Beast,Metalhead,8 shows on Killing ground(5 in the UK) and 4 shows for Lionheart this past October(in the UK).I may be going to Germany this October to see the nwobhm tour.

17. Sammi951

Sammi951 Member

Come on Sammi - your count ain't going to be taken seriously until you tap it in personally! Just cos Paxo is on the forum all the time doesn't excuse you! Get posting!!

Ooh, you're SO demanding Nightwar! :D The reason I don't come on anymore is 'cos I'm too busy looking after Paxoman...after all, someone has to bring him cups of tea and bites to eat while he spends hours on here, don't they? :lol: I used to be on here all the time in it's "hey day", but now it's got more than it's fair share of "unsavoury types" (present company excepted, the sensible folk amongst us know who I'm talking about), and I can't be mithered replying to idiots who only come on here to wind the true Saxon fans up!

Anyway, I'll get off my soap box and tell you how many times/where I've seen Saxon! :D

FOUR times - so I am a mere baby to the Saxon scene too! The first time was at Bolton Albert Halls (why on earth they played there is beyond me - there are far better (small) venues in Central Manchester that would have attracted a bigger crowd), then in Brussels, then the very next day at London Astoria, then the Astoria again on the Lionheart Tour! By now, I should have seen them twice more (in Dudley and Nottingham), but of course, Biff had his terrible news, so that was that :(

Is that ok for you Nightwar? Am I forgiven? :lol:

18. nightwar

nightwar Member

Sam said:
    "Ooh, you're SO demanding Nightwar! The reason I don't come on anymore is 'cos I'm too busy looking after Paxoman...after all, someone has to bring him cups of tea and bites to eat while he spends hours on here, don't they? I used to be on here all the time in it's "hey day", but now it's got more than it's fair share of "unsavoury types" (present company excepted, the sensible folk amongst us know who I'm talking about), and I can't be mithered replying to idiots who only come on here to wind the true Saxon fans up!"

Of course you're forgiven, Sam!! And I apologise for not thinking of your situation!

After all, Paxo is getting on a bit now, ain't he? He needs looking after as the old bones don't move as well as they used to and he does need those cups of tea and snacks to keep the old ticker going!!
    As mentioned on another thread, the Forum are working on ways to help their elderly Saxon Members. You know - Bus Passes, Meals-On-Wheels, Wheelchair Access to gigs etc...!

Anyhow, thanks for the Gig info - 4 times is 3 better than me!! You are a true Saxonite!

Saxonfan - you must have seen the band in a much different way between gigs. I mean - 'Nations' and then 'Unleash'! And well done for the recent fanatic support you gave Biff and Co for KG and LH! Bloody Hell!!

19. Paxoman

Paxoman Member

Sammi - Stop looking over my shoulder and make me a cup of tea!

20. nightwar

nightwar Member

LOL!!

Paxo - you should be on "Little Britain" or "The Fast Show"!!