This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

how were you introduced to November Doom!?

Discussion in 'Novembers Doom' started by great_kthulu, Jul 2, 2009.

1. great_kthulu

great_kthulu Greater Evil

Yep, another thread, this one is about how people got into this awsome band. For me, i was watching metal videos On Demand and the tital "Autem Reflections" caught my eye. IT was on Fuse On Demand and i loved it. I instantly went to my favorite metal review site, the Metal Observer, and cheacked out the reviews, there were 4 reviews up. The Knowing, with a 7.5/10, To Welcome The Fade with a 9/10, The pale haunt departure with an 8.5, and the Novella Resivior with a 7.5. I then went to my local music store and had them order me the special edition of To Welcome The Fade, since it was rated highest. I throughly enjoyed it. I was now convinced that this was a band to follow and have purchased many albums since.

2. Will Bozarth

Will Bozarth Everlasting Godstopper

I went to the New Jersey Metal & Hardcore Fest in 2003 for Nevermore, Dimmu Borgir, Strapping Young Lad, and The Devin Townsend Band.

3. Pate

Pate Member

I was introduced to ND and Novembre at the same time. I got the names confused, and associated the music of Novembre (that doesn't appeal to me) with both bands. Then a few months before Chicago Powerfest '07 I decided to try ND again and was pleasantly surprised. :p

4. WiscoKid

WiscoKid Member

I ate a box of cracker jack, and at the bottom was a Novembers Doom Tattoo!

5. EmeticGore

EmeticGore Remove The Limbs

When I was 15, I was skimming through endless hordes of death metal bands. I almost gave up on the genre with all the absolute trash I heard coming from vocalists. Then I heard "Swallowed By The Moon" on some Metal radio stream online and almost crapped myself with how great he sounded.

6. oeyenjo

oeyenjo Member

I was introduced to ND in 2005 by reading a review of TPHD by Vera Matthijsen in Rock Tribune and http://www.lordsofmetal.nl/showreview.php?id=5943&lang=en
    Bought my first CD(TWTF+FELTF edition) in September 2005 during a Nevermore gig in Antwerp (Belgium).
    Read about a performance of ND on a Progfestival in Oct 2005, which they had to cancel.
    Started buying the other CD's, and finally saw them live in the Biebob in Nov 2006.
    Afterwards i saw them during the DVD-recording in Nov 2007, the acoustic gig in Antwerp (2007) at Graspop and Metalzone Summer fest (2008).
    Bought my last CD(AIHM), in the summer of 2008. I've got 4 T-shirts and 2 longsleeves.

7. AnTz0r

AnTz0r Crimson King

through the Swano board, when he mixed TPHD. Went to see them a couple of months later and was hooked :)

8. Hawk

Hawk Henri Serton
    Staff Member

I got to know them because I was send a promo of " The Novella Reservoir" to review for Aardschok magazine. I had to review 7 other bands that month. After hearing the other promo's I was blown away by what I heard on "TNR". I played it every day several times for the next weeks and gave it a 96/100. Since that moment ND is one of my favorite bands. Can't wait to hear the new one!

9. Dragon_Unearthed

Dragon_Unearthed Tattooed by darkness

From the old website, MP3.com...was just browsing, and came across ND....they had 4 songs listed to download, "Amour of the Harp", "Silent Tomorrow", "Shadows of Light" and "Dark Fields for Brilliance"...and I first heard, "Amour of the Harp" and was an instant fan! :headbang:

10. DigitalViolence

I read a review of The Novella Reservoir on Transcending The Mundane. Heard a couple of tracks off the net and then went out and bought TNR followed by The Pale Haunt Departure and To Welcome The Fade.

11. Srontgorrth

Srontgorrth Member

I mainly got into ND after talking to Lee/Pate about them in early 07 (I think) and I remember ordering the special TNR package thing which was awesome!

12. Rycher

Rycher Oskee Wow Wow!

Just before the Novella Reservoir came out. I checked out the link to download Drown the Inland Mere and was blown away. A few months later their name popped into my head and I watched a video for Pale Haunt on youtube and ordered the album (January 07)

13. kleo706

kleo706 Member

When I met Will in New Jersey, the only thing audible over the passionate embrace was the awesomeness of ND.

14. Lamers5150

Lamers5150 All Life Ends

about a week after TNR came out a buddy of mine and I were cd shopping and he picked it up because he read a review that said something about for fans of Opeth. we listened to the cd on the way home and after the first 2 tracks I turned around so I could buy the other copy :p

15. BalanceofPower

BalanceofPower My god,it's full of stars

A year or so before TWTF came out a buddy of mine told me about ND and said to get the Knowing. I bought it and really dug what I heard. I got TWTF as soon as it came out, and was really blown away.

16. Arline

Arline Member

I married the singer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:worship:

17. Phoenix5

Phoenix5 d3v4s7a710n

Haha, it was actually the name and the cover art of TWTF that got me interested.

18. CF87

CF87 Active Member

I was in FYE and noticed The Novella Reservoir and it looked appealing to me and just bought it for the hell of it.

19. Dragon Of Earth

well, usually i'm on www.gamefaqs.com 's metal section of the message boards & ask for recs (or i some how come across an interesting band while browsing the board) and i go to a P2P program, download some songs (or i use a band's myspace page (or a fansite with samples) or if neither option yeilds results, i check the bands official site. if i like the band, i buy the CD(s)

20. Jasonic

Jasonic Doom On!

ND are local for me, so I have heard the name for MANY years.
    I know they played Milwaukee Metalfest one year I went, though I couldn't tell you 100% if I saw them live or not, because when you literally lay your eyes on 50+ bands in one day, it's hard to remember them all.

I have to be honest, I had a misconception for many years that ND were a gothic metal band.

Around 2004, I received The Knowing in a CD trade and was pleasantly surprised.
    I then picked up Pale Haunt when it came out, and then went to see them live for the first time in the summer of 2005.

I have been a big fan ever since.