This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Join the Chaos

Want to join in with the rest of the Hate Crew? Sign up today!

I Don't Believe In Taste In Music

Discussion in 'Children Of Bodom' started by (__Joonas__), Sep 11, 2016.

1. (__Joonas__)

(__Joonas__) † Followed the Reaper †

COB succeeded in their original idea of creating the best band ever, but why are some people so dumb they can't hear it? It's pretty obvious. Yeah, many bands come close, but not close enough when you put everything together and inspect all the albums. Too extreme and fast for mainstream, but too melodic for most metal fans? It's like I hear a five second sample of a COB live video that blows my socks off, but a regular person won't even bother to check it out, instead deciding to do something completely stupid and unworthy.

I think it's because music is transformed into mental energies in our brain, and we look for something to reflect our emotions and experiences in, and not everybody can fit their mindset in the paradigm of COB's music. Sure you can enjoy just the music itself (or just the looks of an artist / distant love target, if you're a girl) but most of people never go through severe anger, depression, violence, alcohol addiction, mental traumas, deceitful people, the feeling of not fitting in, which are the themes of this music. They can't understand "why all the screaming" first of all. I tell them because there's enough poison in this world it's vomiting out of my mouth sometimes and I would love to scream too. It's better to deal with emotions with this musical therapy instead of ruining what good you've got.

I've noticed within the last years tho some guys coming out of the closet and admitting COB sounds cool and Laiho is actually quite a composer. Sure the fanbase went thru quite a change as well, mainly because there was two strange phases in their albums, FTR attracting females and AYDY attracting emos, but time's evolving and those phenomenons are fading as Alexi's getting older and there's more diversity to their discography...

#1 (__Joonas__), Sep 11, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2016
  2. tragician

tragician Member

ilmeeni3.jpg

#2 tragician, Sep 15, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2016
  3. ESA1996

ESA1996 Member

4. NewHewkas

NewHewkas Scheiße Gitarre Spieler

Too bad it's probably fake :( :lol:

5. iPot

iPot fUCkTarD

I logged in for a first time in a month and first thing I see are the good old delusions of Joonas. This place never changes.

6. Jontzgu

Jontzgu Member

i dont even remember when i last logged in, came to download some tabs, couldnt resist clicking on this thread

silence

now im gonna log off