This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

I don't see enough love for Amoral's latest CD...

Discussion in 'ProgPower USA' started by Jose_C, Jan 23, 2015.

1. Jose_C

Jose_C New Metal Member

"Fallen Leaves & Dead Sparrows" that came out last year. I know Glenn mentioned them not so long ago. But to me, I think this one would satisfy nicely for a lot of folks on here.
    Great Finnish band that, on this cd at least, play an extremely catchy kind of progmetal/hard rock with lots of different influences and their own flavor thrown in that makes for a distinct sound from other bands out there.
    This album has lots of variety from song to song; progmetal, hard rock, growls here and there and even kinda pop/bluesy on one song.
    Anyway, works great for my tastes. Definitely in my top 3 for 2014. And "See This through" is my new favorite song lately :) I couldn't find a video for that song specifically but this one is, I think, somewhat representative of the album.

Amoral - If Not Here, Where?

#1 Jose_C, Jan 23, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2015
  2. Sir Exar Kun

Sir Exar Kun Member

Lots of love for it what it came out, but you're way late to the party.

Great album, but a year old now.

3. imaskinbeater

imaskinbeater clinically insane drumnut

It might just be my favorite album of 2014. They are indeed working on new material for the next album so hang in there. Hoping Glenn will invite them for next years festival! The previous album "Beneath" is just as good IMO :)

4. KingsGene

KingsGene God of Thunder

5. Oblivion Ocean

Yea, it got a lot of love here, it was in my top 5 for the year. I would say that some support for it did seem to fade a little as the year went by, but I think it did get its props here for sure.

6. Random Axe

Random Axe Common Sense Man!

Really strong album that kinda got buried under the crushing weight of all the other high quality releases for 2014. It just missed out my top five but not by much. Their prior album was good as well.

7. TwizstedJesus

TwizstedJesus Member

2014 was one of the better years for progressive metal in a long time! Amoral was on my list also, but I couldn't find a copy in Atlanta in September, so it kind of got forgotten once I received my new stereo and went back to old school cranking out in my living room instead of the iPod