This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

"I have returned from a long abscence!" <----You? Post HERE!

Discussion in 'Dark Tranquillity' started by Final_Vision, Jan 22, 2002.

1. Siren

Siren Active Member

uff, you're so stubborn.. :p

2. Spike

Spike Blinded By The Light...

doesn't make him any less right though.

3. King Chaos

King Chaos Pomeo Osoponeor

Im back from Cornwall. It was a refreshing holiday, and to say the accomodation was a spider infested C17th epitome of misery isn't an understatement. Of course I approached it as an adventure, and to some extent I got one.

Every morning I took a trip in the meadows with either my guitar or just a walkman listening to Nightwish, stratovarius, Dark Tranquillity or Sonata acrtica. Some days I covered close to four miles in the dew scented hours of each day. That was probably the best thing about the holiday, the tranquillity.

On the way home I saw a huge system of tornadoes, at one point there were four water spouts in the sky. Its been some what an ambition of mine to one day witness the might of a tornado, and I did, which was nice (under statement).

I started reading the first book of the Mallorean series by David eddings (Guardians of the west). Im just coming to the end of it now and I have to say it is a fantastic tale, I'd advise any of you fantasy fans to lay your eyes upon his works... definately my favourite author. anyone read anything by him? what did you think?

well now Im back but I dont know how much posting Ill be doing as I have alot on my plate at the moment. Ill try post some pics in the next couple of days. Its good to be back.

4. Human Desert

Human Desert Pirun Morsian

GAV!! woohoo you're back :D I was wondering where the fuck you'd disappeared. *hugs* I'm glad your holiday was alright. And yes, PICS PLEASE! Welcome home :p

5. Rusty

Rusty A-HAHAHA!

Welcome back. :wave:
    I read the Elenium trilogy, and will now have to be persuaded very hard to read anything else done by him. It was really dull for the most part, and I never got the sense that the characters were ever in any kind of real danger, there was never a time when I thought "well how the hell are they going to get past this? what the hell are they going to do now?" etc, there only ever seemed to be minor problems that were easily overcome.

6. OnyxDragon98

Hey, how ya been KC?

7. Qsilver

Qsilver Heathen Terrier

i thought edding's books were pretty good when i read them all 5-8 years ago. that doesn't really say anything though.

I'm kinda back too so expect me to post an extra post every month, making it a total of 2 posts a month (foolish pics posted due to a chemically altered state of mind and a relentless persuader not included).

8. King Chaos

King Chaos Pomeo Osoponeor

@ Idari, Thanks for the warm welcome back :D, Ill get working on the pics...

@ Rusty, Its true, his works are alot like a fantasy soap opera at times, but I love the characters so far and the way they interact, plus there's been one or two kickass fights. Nice seeing you again Rus :D

@ Ony:rofl:ragon, Im doing good.... My holidays end in a day, and that pisses me off slightly. I definately havn't wasted my time off from schooool, so I take validation in that. Thanks for the welcome back!

9. Rusty

Rusty A-HAHAHA!

:lol: What a great way of putting it.
    Moi Juuso yksi. :p

10. Villain

Villain Doctor BenQuillity

I'm back from an absence of a couple of weeks, caused by real life concerns - it's good to see everything's pretty much fine here (or so it seems, I haven't still read all the threads). :Spin:

-Villain

11. rahvin

rahvin keeper of the flame

nice seeing you around, villain. how about we start the next survivor round when you have some time?

12. Villain

Villain Doctor BenQuillity

The feeling is mutual - and yes, the Survivor must go on. I think I can post the new polls tomorrow, so you can close the current ones sometime later today or tomorrow.

-Villain

13. Kovenant84

Kovenant84 T-369 days

It's funny. I feel like I've been gone for a month or more, when it's only been a bit over a week. Anywho, hopefully this will mark another return for moi.

~kov. ... Yeah, I just missed you guys :p

14. Ethereal Sage

Ethereal Sage Mind Of Out Sight Of Out

15. Thanatos

Thanatos payaso

hello sage

I'm kinda back too, school is smothering me

16. Branwen

Branwen 100% woman

Hi everyone!!!!!!!
    I'm back from holiday and I can see I've missed out on lots and lots of things. Can anybody quickly fill me in? Why do you have so many 'new-sth' threads? What happened to the old ones?
    It's so good to be back. But I've realized that it IS possible to live without the Internet. I never knew that. :wave:

17. rahvin

hi branwen! you ok? we sort of are, i guess.

about the new threads: read a thread called "long threads", and check out a new rule in the rules thread as well, it should tell you all you need to know.
    what else is in the news? people have met in helsinki for the tuska festival and madly fell in love with each other, woman to woman and man to man. the new dt record and ep are about to be released. and i'm longing for pineapples.

18. rahvin

ah, the terrible, despicable effects stardom can have on some people! never shall i give in to the lust to the point of being consumed by it. :p

19. rahvin

avaunt, temptress! :mad: thou who visit me with pineapple, the fruit of sin. after a lifetime of reveling in the pleasures of the flesh, you'll come to claim my soul and drag it to eternal fire, i know. :(

20. Legende

Legende Visionnaire

I'm back!

I forgot about this forum, I got buzy with other stuff like my band (that just finished its first album today!) and uhh... *cough* in flames forum... :)