This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

I pretty sure the engineer made a mess of this

Discussion in 'Practice Room' started by Tarzan_man, Nov 30, 2007.

1. sparkyness

sparkyness Explore The Space

The studio's in Ireland? Might explain the shortcomings in regards to producing heavier stuff. I've not met/heard anyone doing halfway decent heavier stuff since I moved here. Most of the AE's I've met produce diddly-eye Irish folk music for a living....bloody dreadful stuff.

2. Loren Littlejohn

Loren Littlejohn Lover of all boobage.

I dunno before I mix alot of the time shit sounds horrible. But then again even if this is the raw stuff it's still crappy sounding. I have a feeling your still going to end up with shit.

3. demeyed

demeyed Member

yeah Ireland sucks for decent metal production- there's some seriously quality bands but no studios to do them justice- one band from klkenny went to france to record and got the best production i've ever heard on on irish bands cd. Problem is there's no money in it- every parish/town/city has countless trad artists/ singer songwriters/ indie bands that will pay good money to churn out the same shite. As a result people start places with good intentions but end up doing the sameas everyone else to keep the place afloat.

where was this done out of interest?

4. LSD-Studio

LSD-Studio HCAF crusher

that's something that shouldn't be revealed I guess, at least not before the final version is up

5. Tarzan_man

Tarzan_man New Metal Member

6. if6was9

if6was9 Ireland

You know that crowd revenant I think( could be resonant) they changed their name to Thoughts of Ruin and recorded an album just a few months ago. They might be more from Waterford than KK though- Not too far away anyway anyhow. It sounds absolutely savage but cost 'em a few grand and they've gotten alot of slack for the fact the producer guests on some of the songs and he's one of the best things about it.

If your looking for a place in Ireland to record then it seems like shays studio in Galway is good-he fairly recently got his place re done and he doesn't charge an arm and a leg. In dublin there's a place called trackmix that alot of people on metalireland.com have been talking about but I've yet to hear anything from there thats better than decent- the guy who owns it posts here as mickrich I think. If yer from KK you'll know Slave Zero- their ep turned out well, one of the best sounding recordings yet-not sure where they did it though.

7. -J-

-J- Member

while I wouldn't be grateful, I'd kindly tell him to just scrap it. not in a mean way, but in a "thanks for doing this, we just really can't use your product and don't want to waste any more of your time" kinda way. then chalk it up to a learning experience.

my old band's first recording blew and we yelled at the studio a lot, and it didn't solve anything. they didn't go back and fix anything. vehemence ended up recording at the same place, and what do you know....they had to remix their album somewhere else afterwards to salvage it.

8. James-Doolan

James-Doolan Member

Yea it is thoughts of ruin http://bebo.com/thoughtsofruin1 they are from clonmel, they went to france to record their full length. From what iv heard of it, it is a lot better than anything they have done previously it sounds pretty good one of the best standards of production for a underground irish metal band that i have heard they desereve it they work hard and are a good bunch of lads.

I would not recommend any irish metal bands to go to a studio in ireland its a rip off they do not have the first clue about recording metal. Their are people on this fourm that can do a much better job for probaly less money and if your broke il do it for free im based in kilkenny http://bebo.com/ProgressiveSound.

MY band http://bebo.com/actofvengeance
    actualy came second in that same botb the year before you and looking back i am glad we did not win because now we are doing a proper recording, Instead of the poor quality recording that we would have had to do had we won the final.

Is the initial poster james from decadation? http://bebo.com/decadation

9. Tarzan_man

10. James-Doolan

James-Doolan Member

Cool its good to see more metal bands in ireland getting off their asses and not accepting the crappy quality studios are churning out. Yet still charging 200/300 per day:zombie:

If ya want i can help you guys get something half decent recorded for free you would have to wait for a while though as im super busy with my own bands ep untill around mid feb

11. Tarzan_man

12. Tarzan_man

13. Damian B

Damian B ¯\(°_o)/¯

I'd say the best thing to do with the drums is to go in and sound replace everything using drumagog. Unfortunately, that's not always a quick thing to do as it often requires hours of editing to get drumagog to "trigger" correctly.... are you going to be able to get a hold of the files to post here??