This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

I take back everything positive I might have said about the Bugera amps

Discussion in 'Backline' started by RiF, Feb 20, 2011.

1. RiF

RiF Member

I bought a 277,- EUR Bugera 6260 and thought - because it has been planned to use it just in my studio - that the known reliability issues will not affect me, because I don't take it out on the road. But... now it died. The last unusual thing I did was switching off the mains and not following the official and supersafe shutdown procedure (standby...wait...power off...wait...switch off mains). I know that I did something wrong, BUT my other amps (2xMarshall, Engl, Kitty Hawk) all got used to my unrespectful treatments and never ever complained in the last 15-20 years.

That said, I want to take back everything positive I might have said about those amps in the past here and elsewhere.

Like I always say: "You get what you pay for"...

EDIT 2011-03-01: APOLOGIES...
    It has been solely my fault. I must have stepped on the loudspeaker cable and that destroyed the speaker jack on the amp. Using the other speaker jack and everything's fine.
    IT IS NOT A REALIABILITY ISSUE.
    My apologies to Bugera for chiming in on the reliability bash that never happened to me personally.