This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

I Wonder if the Guys in Circus Maximus Like Video Games

Discussion in 'ProgPower USA' started by Gunstar9, Oct 3, 2008.

1. Gunstar9

Gunstar9 Skeletor Goes to Mars

Because there is an eerie similarity here:

#1 Gunstar9, Oct 3, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2015
  2. DrkLrdViper666

DrkLrdViper666 Frontman/Vocalist/Singer

Well sorta, just the guitar intro Imho. I actually own "Secret Of Mana' or on the super famicom-"Seiken Densetsu" ( I think that's how it was spelled! lol)
    & I've loved SOM for many, many years! I actually still have my original strategy guide too! Just a side note, When I was playing it a lot back in 94, when I lived w/ my brother, he would always call it "Secret Of My Anus" :lol: I love pretty much any squaresoft game (a few exceptions aside! Saga Frontier, I'm looking at you! :lol: ) but aside from that Squaresoft has always Kicked Ass!!!:kickass::kickass::kickass:
    Btw, as a side note, if y'all all are even interested ( or even give a shit! lol) I'm a major old skool hardcore gamer geek! I currently own a PS2, a Sega Dreamcast, a Sega Saturn, a Sega Genesis, A N64, a SNES, a NES, & even a GBA SP! So feel free to hit me up about any kinda gaming issues or questions!
    I just still do not own any next gen systems. :cry:

3. AngraRULES

AngraRULES Member

I don't think it's too similar to be honest. The guitar is somewhat similar, but not to the point to compare them and wonder if that's where the idea came from.

4. Metaldrumz

Metaldrumz Member

Old school gamer here as well especially with RPG's. I was one of those who owned a TURBO DUO (The next gen Turbo Graphx CD Rom all in one system). Games like "Dragonslayer : Legend Of Heroes", Legends Of Xanadu", "Cosmic Fantasy 2", etc etc. Loved Sega because the company "Working Designs" was bringing over all the Japanese based RPGs like Albert Odyssey, Lunar, Vay, and so on. Also love sega because it was my introduction to RPG's such as Phantasy Star, and Miracle Warriors on the 8 bit Master system. I wanna get another Sega Saturn. I've owned all the older systems at some point even 3DO the only one I never owned was Philips CD-i.

Last RPG I won was Final Fantasy 7. I'm not a big fan of the 3D/1st person perspective games. I like the old school cartoony 2D RPG's. I have been out of the gaming scene for ages but have heard their are some great 2D type RPG's on various systems I'd love. Boy those were some good times!

5. RiffDaemon

RiffDaemon Member

:worship:

I've got "Lunar: The Silver Star Story Complete" for the PS1. One of the best rpg's ever. And the music ... mmmmmmm

6. Metaldrumz

Metaldrumz Member

What about (Genso) Suikoden? Christ I was gonna snatch those on ebay Suikoden I, and II and they go for outrageous prices!

I should start a game in Lufia, or Breath Of Fire on my SNES emulator. Loved those! Ahhhh memories.

7. SkiBumMSP

SkiBumMSP Member

Oh yeah, having cut my teeth on the original Dragon Warrior (Dragon Quest) on the NES as well as the original Final Fantasy (not to mention the likes of that D&D game that was on the Intellivision as well as the venerable Adventure on the Atari 2600), I have played many an old-school RPG.

However, I'll have to admit the Nintendo DS remake of Final Fantasy IV (in the US Final Fantasy 2 on the SNES) is really nice, and worth picking up if you have a DS. Same with the the DS version of Final Fantasy III.

8. DrkLrdViper666

That's awesome! I love the old school RPGs too! I've got FinalFantasy IV & VI advance for my GBA SP, I also love The Golden Sun games! Beat the first, still working on the sequel, The Lost Age!:kickass: I've actually got the orignals of Suikoden & Suikoden II & I 've also got the orginal strategy guide for Suikoden II too!!!:kickass: I own & play a veritable assload of games & RPGs in particular, I played Lufia I & II on the SNES, secret of mana, Soul Blazer, the Soul Blazer sequel- Illusion Of Gaia, Zelda- A Link To The Past, etc.
    Y'all are some cool gaming geeks much like myself! I've got some emulators too!
    :kickass:

9. Chai

Chai Marching with Mephisto

Suikoden I and II both rank in my top 5 RPGs of all time. Love them. I was actually kind of spoiled, finding the first at a local gamestop for $10, and then a week later the second for the same price. It wasn't until like a year later when a friend commented on the ebay pricing of the games. Pretty crazy, but worth picking up.

10. AngraRULES

AngraRULES Member

Any love for Xenogears? My favorite RPG ever, and also one of the best game soundtracks!

11. SkiBumMSP

SkiBumMSP Member

I've played the first part, but never got the chance to play the rest of them. That was a pretty cool game, which did have an excellent story.

12. Kenso

Kenso Juke Box Hero

definitely no comparison there

on the topic of gaming though, i use an xbox 360 controller and every day im at school in between classes i hook it up to my laptop and load an emulator to play super mario 64, and as im doing this i occasionally glance up to see a good 15 people just staring at me.

13. Metaldrumz

Metaldrumz Member

Yea I beat the 1st one with all 108 stars. Sadly my PS memory card fried in my house fire back in 1999. Few years later when I went to buy these again because I wanted to beat 1 with all 108 stars because I heard you could use them in II i couldnt believe the price for them.

Although not a typical RPG I absolutely LOVE Castlevania - SOTN one of my fav games ever. I did get lucky and found an original on ebay due to a typo for 20 bucks.

As we all say if there were only more hours in the day. I would love to revisit so many of these classic games from my childhood, and teen years.

The hardest RPG I ever won was a little unknown game to most that got very little mention called Tecmo's "Secret Of The stars". End boss damn near took me 45 minutes to beat!

14. Glaurung

Glaurung Father of Dragons

Breath of Fire III is just about as good as it gets!

oh yea, and Star Ocean (the 2nd story)!

15. DrkLrdViper666

Ha Ha! Cool Beans! Yep! Got Xenogears! I Love Xenogears! Love The Breath Of Fire games too! II is my all time fave! I've got II on my GBA SP btw! But III is pretty awesome too! Love the Phantasy star series too! Last year they came out w/ a Sega Genesis compilation on the PS2 called Sega Genesis collection! It actually has II, III & IV on one disc along w/ some other old skool 16 bit gems! How bout Shadowrun for the genesis? That is another awesome RPG, that I actually beat btw! I also love SOTN!!! & I 've got it too!! Castlevania SOTN, has some of the most kick ass gaming next to Guilty Gear games!!!! Lastly, any love for Super Mario RPG, or a very rare & very excellent SNES RPG/adventure game called Brain Lord?

16. DrkLrdViper666

Ha Ha! Cool Beans! Yep! Got Xenogears! I Love Xenogears! I actually also have Working Designs Dragon Force & Albert Odyssey! But really wanna get me a copy of Shining Force III & Magic Knight Rayearth!!! I Love The Breath Of Fire games too! II is my all time fave! I've got II on my GBA SP btw! But III is pretty awesome too! Love the Phantasy star series too! Last year they came out w/ a Sega Genesis compilation on the PS2 called Sega Genesis collection! It actually has II, III & IV on one disc along w/ some other old skool 16 bit gems! How bout Shadowrun for the genesis? That is another awesome RPG, that I actually beat btw! I also love SOTN!!! & I 've got it too!! Castlevania SOTN, has some of the most kick ass gaming next to the Guilty Gear games!!!! And yep! I've got Guilty Gear games too! Except for the very first one from the PSone! Lastly, any love for Super Mario RPG, or a very rare & very excellent SNES RPG/adventure game called Brain Lord?
    Oh just wondering about emulators & if y'all can tell me what are some of the best & newest for the SNES, SegaGenesis, GBA, & N64?

17. Jordan94k

Jordan94k Member

I could talk for days about video games. I have a collection of almost 600 games now spanning about 12 systems. About 230 of those games are for the NES. Just bought a Sega Saturn with about 6 games off of Ebay about two weeks ago, actually.

And I love all of the RPGs previously mentioned...with the exception of Brain Lord, but only because I've never played it. I always wanted to give it a try though.

18. Metaldrumz

Metaldrumz Member

Oh yea the SHINING FORCE Games are amazing. I won them all up to Shining The Holyark, and Shining Wisdom which were a bit different then the regular Shining Games.

Another game I absolutely loved which was more of a strategy RPG like Shining Force series was VANDAL HEARTS for the PS1!

19. Glaurung

Glaurung Father of Dragons

Yes, Mario RPG!!! How could I forget?! lol

20. DrkLrdViper666

Just for the record y'all, & I'm not bragging btw. But I've got a 5 in 1 Cart for my Sega Saturn too play imports-the Jap imports I've got are-Vampire Savior (the good one! w/ the BLOOD!), X-Men VS Street Fighter & Marvel VS Street Fighter & Street Fighter Collection. I also have a DCX-to play Dreamcast imports on my Sega Dreamcast! The Dreamcast imports I have are- Vampire Chronicle, Capcom VS SNK 2, & Guilty Gear X.