This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Join the Chaos

Want to join in with the rest of the Hate Crew? Sign up today!

"I Worship Chaos" Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Children Of Bodom' started by MattK, Jun 8, 2015.

1. ESA1996

ESA1996 Member

All song through once. Prayer and All for Nothing are the best two. Then comes probably My Bodom. Widdershins was nothing special IMO.

2. GuyOne

GuyOne Member

Suicide Bomber is the best song so far from the 4 we have heard before now. It actually sounds like a real melodeath song. Like, compare it to the new Kataklysm (which I love).

3. mutran

mutran Mutran

I think Suicide Bomber is the song that captures all COB elements in one song. I love the vocals on the chorus, so devilish.

4. Joke4joker

Joke4joker New Metal Member

I can call you Sally, but for the ass-slapping you'll have to wait a bit hehe. What's your first impression ?

5. mutran

mutran Mutran

Holy mother of all fucks, All for Nothing is better than expected, full of beauty, melodies. I see a lost mind in this one.

6. mutran

mutran Mutran

Seems like the intro of I Hurt comes from the ending of Widdershins.

7. mutran

mutran Mutran

At least the whole record ends up with Black Winter Day that it is indeed a great song, with no flaws at all :)

8. baldymort

baldymort Member

'All For Nothing' could possibly be my favourite slow bodom track. Absolutely beautiful. Still not sure how I feel about the double kick part though. Reminds me a little of the thrashier parts in RTHAB. 'Widdershins' ended up disappointing me. There are some good ideas but the structure of the song doesn't really make sense and ends up being a bit of a mess. I didn't think much of 'My Bodom' in the previews but man did this end up being a proper track. From about mid-way through til the end it kicks up a gear something severe.

9. Johnny_victor

Johnny_victor Member

Prayer is an okay song, but I hate the power metalish sound of keyboard :rofl: Horns feels like an attempt to sound brutal :rofl:D Hold Your Tongue reminded me of Bodom the most, but the ending is awful. All For Nothing end solo is nothing special, feels like attempt of 80's glam sound (The Local Band??). Widdershins and My Bodom sounded surprisingly boring...and I don't care to listen to covers until tomorrow.

10. GuyOne

GuyOne Member

My Bodom has such a sweet build up to the chorus. That orchestra hit is perfect. The melody before the solos is awesome. The last minute is killer. Fucking love it.

But man is it so different from old Bodom.

11. Johnny_victor

Johnny_victor Member

I love when he says "I can't believe it has come to this, It's safe to say ignorance is bliss" :D

12. nxtiq

nxtiq Negro Metalhead

At the end of horns right now....and I'm feeling good about the album so far, but I'm feeling like this song or at least a part of it was a rehash of a song from HoB. I can't name it right now because I'm drunk...what else better to do when listening to a new Bodom album...but I digress.... on to the next one...

13. baldymort

baldymort Member

waste of skin. at least that's what i thought.

14. GuyOne

GuyOne Member

Horns is absolutely top notch. Love the blast beats. Solos are aggressive like the song fits well.

Prayer is alright. I've never been much of a fan of the slower songs except ADK but I love the keyboards. So much atmosphere on this album.

IWC I get the song now... If it had blast beats it would fit better with I hurt, Horns and Suicide Bomber. Still think it's the weakest Bodom track to date.

15. nxtiq

nxtiq Negro Metalhead

That's exactly what it is man. Good pick up.

16. GuyOne

GuyOne Member

Hold Your Tongue sounds like a HCDR b-side. It's alright on first listen. Love the solos and the add of the extra guitar at the end of the song like Suicide Bomber is a nice add too. Gotta say again Janne is really killing it on the keys. Really standing out this album.

Suicide Bomber really stands out as the better track after hearing Hold Your Tongue. Would have been awesome to hear some blast beats right before the first verse starts.

All For Nothing. Epic and atmospheric as FUCK. This is a fucking good song. Holy solo city. Fucking love it. Suck it haters.

Widdershins. Awesome intro. THOSE KEYS! This sounds so good. This is fucking Bodom 100%. The "breakdown" part fits in fine. Quit bitching.

This is a good progression for Bodom. It may be different from their great albums but I feel Halo of Blood and I Worship Chaos definitely hold their own as melodic death metal albums. It'll be a while before I can place this album in my rating but it'll be high up there I believe.

If Alexi writes more songs like All For Nothing, Suicide Bomber and Horns and less songs like I Worship Chaos then Bodom has some amazing work to come.

17. Inceptionist

Inceptionist It's Not My Funeral

I Hurt - Love the intro riff and the chorus has grown on me. Also, the lead part before the last chorus is sick and I love the drum building in the last chorus.

My Bodom - It's so horrible, which is sad cuz the buildup and the chorus are so good, but I cannot listen to that main riff.

Morrigan - I probably haven't listened to it in a month, lost appeal really quick. The mid tempo drags on but the chorus, solo, and keyboard part after second solo are good.

Horns - HORNS MOTHERFUCKERS!! Possibly my favorite song on the album, awesome solos to fit the song and love the blast beat parts and ending. Powerful.

Prayer For The Afflicted - It's alright, not much to it, not much memorable. A bit too slow.

I Worship Chaos - When it came out, I can't explain how disappointing of a song this was. It's grown on me though and actually fits in well with the album so I like it a bit more now.

Hold Your Tongue - Alexi was right saying "It's a fucking rock n' roll song" Pretty cool, nothing special.

Suicide Bomber - Tied with Horns for the favorite. Badass song, very dark. This song goes absolutely perfect with the background, love it. This and Horns are the stuff I look for in Bodom.

All For Nothing - Damn. Now this is different for Bodom. I really like the piano, and the part that's been in previews before has tons of emotion in it, and the ending solos are cool but I'm still not sure how I feel about it.

Widdershins - It's so good but dammit that outro. The chugging in the previews was bad but that painful scratch is just too much. I mean it's cool that it ties into the beginning of I Hurt but it actually hurts a bit listening to that. Other than that the song is great, love everything about it, good closing track to go out on a strong note.

This is all on a first listen, and the others had to grow on me for me to really enjoy them, but for now I give it a 7 or 8/10. I like the direction they went with this album, great to see something different from these guys and it sounds like they're back on the right track again.

18. baldymort

baldymort Member

prayer for the afflicted is so good. great solo too. the slow songs kill on this album. the rest of album has it's moments but a little inconsistent just like the past few bodom albums. imagine how good horns could have been if they committed to the atmosphere and vibe of the intro blastbeat part for the whole song. it's still pretty decent though.

19. MattK

MattK Member

Glad to hear you are a liking it (well some of you at least) :D

I think I will just wait till Friday and buy a copy at a store

20. akamouzis

akamouzis Member

im really liking most of them quite a bit. will see if im still listening to them in a month.
    hold your tongue is pretty awesome imo, and i think its gonna be super fun to play on guitar.