This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Join the Chaos

Want to join in with the rest of the Hate Crew? Sign up today!

"I Worship Chaos" Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Children Of Bodom' started by MattK, Jun 8, 2015.

1. Sany

Sany Member

All IWC Lyrics are now Available @ Darklyrics:
    http://www.darklyrics.com/lyrics/childrenofbodom/iworshipchaos.html

Btw: Refrain from My Bodom:
    "I am the only one you left me walk away (dismay) slowly turns exerted (not gonna be deserted)"

Doesnt he Sing:
    "I am the only one that walked away (dismay) slowly turns exerted (not gonna be deserted)"

2. Hatebreeder01

Hatebreeder01 Member

Just did my first listen.

I Hurt - 5/10
    My Bodom 6/10
    Morrigan 6.5/10
    Horns 5/10
    Prayer for the Afflicted 7/10
    I Worship Chaos 3/10
    Hold Your Tongue 5.5/10
    Suicide Bomber 6.5/10
    All for Nothing 8.5/10
    Widdershins 5/10

I guess the album might grow on me a bit but not by much, so far I'm disappointed (which I was prepared for). The album is too ''americanized'' and it's hard to imagine it's the same band that made the masterpiece Hatebreeder 16 years ago. The album has some interesting parts but as others have said it has too much fillermaterial. The guitartone is bad and the album has too much chugga-chuggariffs, the drumming is the weakest part with too many packa-packa-moments that they seem to be stuck with, the vocals are okey, Janne is great as always but there is too little of it. Both Janne and Alexi have some good solos.

The weakest songs on the album for me is I Worship Chaos, Widdershins, I Hurt. Widdershins has the worst ending of a song and thus the worst ending of a CoB album.

The strongest songs, which aren't that strong except for one is All for Nothing, Morrigan and Prayer for the Afflicted. The best moment of the album is the ending solos of All for Nothing, the song is new and interesting with the piano and the slow tempo creates a horror-feel to it.

3. RICJAMES

RICJAMES Member

So after almost a week of hearing it, and different moods while hearing I've got a result:

I Hurt: 4/10 , I'd give it 10/10 if it had a solo. BECAUSE it has no solo the song is totally crapto me, it's like totally unfinished, like a homework you did 5 minutes before deadline. Floyd Bombs, then chugga chugga, Alexi you Son of a b*tch.
    My Bodom: 10/10 , the best track on this record, it has almost everything, and IMO the only song where those chugga chugga thing is done the right way and not totally out of place. The best chorus I've heard in years.
    Morrigan: 8/10 , nice song, I like it, it's good but nothing special.
    Horns: 9/10 , really nice song with the perfect tempo and ATMOSPHERE, the darkest and heaviest one on the record.
    Prayer For The Afflicted: 7/10 , a slow song with nice melodies, no masterpiece but also not bad, also nothing special.
    I Worship Chaos: 1/10 , the FUCKIN' WORST SONG I'VE EVER HEARD(from COB)! ALEXI YOU FUCKING RANDY BLYTHE COCKSUCKER. I can say I'm able to write a better Bodom song than this fucking piece of worthless dogshit.
    Hold Your Tongue: 3/10 , well, the song isn't bad in general, just boring to me. I could fall asleep while listening to this track.
    Suicide Bomber: 7/10 , well, I don't know I love it and I hate at the same time. It's a nice song but, very hard to explain......
    All For Nothing: 8/10 , really well done track. I like those whispering vocals and shit. That gave me the feels, always haha.
    Widdershins: 7/10 , I'd rate it ten from ten if it had a better written solo and not this totally out of the fucking place chugga shit at the end. I mean, what the fuck? Why chugga? Alexi you dumbass, you're fucking able to write absolute masterpieces......

Covers: ~/~ , nice to have, nothing special.

Conclusion: I wouldn't miss the title track any blink of a moment if it would'nt be on the record, really I hate this track, I've never hated a track like this. If I would rate the badest song of all times and genres, this one,
    this fucking piece of trash would have a big chance to win the trophy. I Hurt is the one that really hurts me, it is a track with potential, after the Floyd shit you're anticipating an awesome solo and then you get the dick
    of reality beaten in your fucking ugly face. The album is a shitload of potential but not much of it was used.......

4. Arystar

Arystar Kissing In The Shadows

well I guess its safe to say this album is another RRF

I feel Like HoB was giving the fans what they wanted to get back into the spotlight so that they were popular enough to drop IWC on us...
    ...funny thing though...HoB was a succes worldwide..

5. iPot

iPot fUCkTarD

All For Nothing is probably the most contradicted song on the album. It's very different (in a good way) from other slow songs they've recorded but that fucking unnecessary soloing in the end ruins it completely. If they wanted to do shitty solo duels, they could've filled for example their title track with retarded wanking but instead they decided to ruin an otherwise completely well-written and well-executed song with it.

6. BodomBlueBalls

Interesting, a lot of Morrigan lyrics are different from what I actually thought he was saying. After listening to My Bodom with the lyrics in my face (pun intended) I'm almost positive that Alexi isn't singing whats on the lyrics. Its only one line but it makes a hell of a difference. I swear I hear "I am the only one, who walks away this night, slowly turns exerted. (Not gonna be deserted)" :err::err::err::err::err::err::err::err:

7. Hatebreeder01

Hatebreeder01 Member

I think that's what makes the song a bit more special to me. It fits nicely. What they should have done is to remove that shitty ending of Widdershins and ended it at 3:30 then change place with All for Nothing and end the album with that.

8. (__Joonas__)

(__Joonas__) † Followed the Reaper †

Is it just the chorus why people like this song? Cos otherwise it is certainly their worst song ever. Why can't you hear it?

9. iPot

iPot fUCkTarD

I don't understand why people like Widdershins. It's probably the blandest CoB song ever. After few listens I've found some good elements in every other song except Widdershins, I don't simply get what's so damn great about it. Even My Bodom beats it easily.

10. PussyfootMS

PussyfootMS Member

Simply the part at 1:24 :)

11. Стас Проклятый

Стас Проклятый Boss Russian Hate Crew

Yes! Today I got I Worship Chaos!

[​IMG]

12. Hatebreeder01

Hatebreeder01 Member

Agreed, Widdershins is pretty shit. But ok that part at 1:24 to 1:48 is allright, but 24sec of OK doesn't make a song. They could have removed it, made a 9 song album and ended on a high with All for Nothing which IMO is the only great song on the album.

13. rj rl

rj rl multidimensionally dyslexic

My Bodom, strangely, is one of my favourite songs from the CD and it's not just the chorus. I think the basic intro riff translates the mood nicely, structurally and rhythmically it's about the heartbeats, panic attacks and the coming realization of the events. A rare occasion when lyrics are not complete waste and play some role in the song.

14. TauSigmaNova

TauSigmaNova Member

I love the way it starts off honestly. Chorus is great too. Whole song is enjoyable.

As far as Widdershins - intro+chorus mainly too, but the whole song works well. Even the outro

15. drawnacrol

drawnacrol 7Slinger

The Widdershins outro is painful to listen to. Is that the guitars or is Janne playing a distorted chord underneath?

16. (__Joonas__)

(__Joonas__) † Followed the Reaper †

My Bodom riffs are too simple, in flamish in a negative way, simply too fucking simple for a trained Bodom ear, they don't even sound good, they sound fucking crap.

Roadkill Morning was a song that started from mid-verse and I hated it at first but grew to like it, but this song My Bodom... you're hearing music where there is no music. We could forgive a bad chorus if the song was otherwise epic (like AYDY), but it's disappointing to see current Bodom fans hail this song just because it has an okay chorus.

17. rj rl

rj rl multidimensionally dyslexic

What's your problem with In Flames :lol: do you at least mean the modern IF?

18. ESA1996

ESA1996 Active Member

The chorus is good, the chugging is better than most of the chugging on the album. As a whole it's below Bodom's average though, so it's nothing amazing. All For Nothing is the only song on the album that I don't get bored listening to. Prayer For the Afflicted is good but it's too simple to be so long.

19. BodomBlueBalls

Its not just My Bodom though, a lot of these songs have lyrics that actually have a story to them or are just better. They're are still some lines that are kind of just retarded, but not TCHB retarded. Widdershins makes me think of the Mensis Ritual that takes place in Bloodborne. So metal:devil::devil::devil::devil:

20. MadYarpen

MadYarpen Member

Haha, i absolutely love Widdershins. Except the outro which is so bad it is funny:) Wonder what they were thinking.
    Also some parts of this song make me think we will see Alexi with a barritone/7 string guitar some day;)