This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Join the Chaos

Want to join in with the rest of the Hate Crew? Sign up today!

"I Worship Chaos" Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Children Of Bodom' started by MattK, Jun 8, 2015.

1. FearTheReaper

FearTheReaper Member

That is a sick idea. The album would then end with the most unique closing track to date. And those epic tradeoff solos would close out the album in a more reassuring way

2. GuyOne

GuyOne Member

My Bodom is very groovy and the progression of the song gives me a sense of urgency, running. Shovel Knockout does this too.

Triple Corpse is a great song. I love it.

3. (__Joonas__)

(__Joonas__) † Followed the Reaper †

I like In Flames of course (except the last few albums), but it's unacceptable for Bodom to have a sheer In Flames riff over silence. We used to have every second full of multidimensional epicness.

Yeah, the melody bit should've been only a part of a series of guitar leads. In that sense I was disappointed, as nothing else stands out in the song.

This album won't be remembered for long. They did take my advice on making the best ideas repeated more as the backbone of the songs, but I dislike this soundworld and the songs are just too slow and too simple. But if it's all they had, it was wise to package it like this, instead of filling in with all kindz of senseless notes. What I would've done differently is I would've created a dark soundworld and speeded up the songs.

4. iPot

iPot fUCkTarD

Wouldn't be the first time for Alexi. I don't know about CoB songs but at least two Sinergy songs are lyrically based on video games. Gallowmere is about MediEvil and Shadow Island is about Alone in the Dark: The New Nightmare. Someone also said that Last Escape is about Resident Evil 3 but I think it's a little bit farfetched, even though RE3 is called Biohazard: The Last Escape in the glorious land of Nippon.

5. Abraxation

Abraxation New Metal Member

I dig Widdershins, the early solo, the chorus and the intro is great but the verses and the outro sucks.
    My Bodom chorus and outro are cool but the rest is horrible, 0:30 riff is horrible and generic.

The only tracks i know i will play for a while are: Suicide Bomber, Hold Your Tongue, Widdershins and Horns and they are not that great though, maybe Suicide Bomber is.

The slow tracks make me wanna go to sleep and never wake up again in a world where Bodom writes such awful songs.

6. (__Joonas__)

It is horribly over-repetitive. Like Suicide Bomber intro, I Hurt melody or whatever, it just keeps going on and on and on and there's no end to it, gets pretty boring. Even atmospheric sequences can't just go on and on unless it's very very slow tempo and a soulful scene. Maybe it's for a new kind of target group. The only time Bodom made a scene go on for a long while and keep it together is Towards Dead End melody. Usually their melodies and riffs follow the "4" pattern, but this time they go 6 or 8 times.

7. mrKRB64

mrKRB64 Member

I agree- I've given the album a few spins now but it just seems boring. I thought Alexi would do something good with a new guitar tuning but he just decided to chugga

8. MattK

MattK Member

Widdershins is one of the greatest Bodom songs ever imo

Lyrically, it is probably the best (and most coherent) thing Alexi has ever written and the chorus is also the catchiest one yet.

9. wrk

wrk New Metal Member

so whens the new album coming out?

10. rj rl

rj rl multidimensionally dyslexic

Around 2018 I would think :kickass:

11. (__Joonas__)

:D Bad one.

I'm starting to understand now the sheer emphasis on My Bodom is on vocals, lyrics, and the chorus is the only moment when you remember it's music. I can't stand the riff at 3:00, and it goes on all the way backing the solos. The vocals at the end are unnecessary. It's getting better but still not blowing my mind. Like I used to hate Roadkill Morning but eventually I found the hook.

I hope Alexi never reads this stuff, I'd appear like a complete cunt. But it's amazing how he seems to have 2 absolute opposites in his music taste.

My Bodom should be followed directly by Widdershins, when you skip to Widdershins before Morrigan it makes so much more sense energetically.

12. ESA1996

ESA1996 Active Member

It's not that long ago when you claimed you could "feel" the band still reading the forum. :D Although I do kind of agree, most of us do sound like ungrateful bastards.

13. ESA1996

ESA1996 Active Member

Listening to the album for the first time in days. It's actually better than I though at first. You just need to accept that it's a completely different kind of music to what they did before. Don't expect melodies, expect something else. Not my favorite by any means, but it's not as awful as I though at first.

14. (__Joonas__)

This album just takes away that uniqueness Bodom had that made them carry their torch among bands like Hypocrisy, In Flames, Cradle of Filth, with this album they don't have that separation. It's as if they're too close to their music to understand what was unique about it, as each of these bands had some aspect they could do better than any other. They really should focus on the intensity, cruel and melodic atmosphere, unforgettable melodies and atmosphere. You think of songs like SNBN or Children of Decadence and they simply do not pale next to anything by those great bands, that music was scarily creative and charismatic as fuck comfortably wrapped in mythical atmosphere, this stuff on the other hand any of these bands could do. But I'm not gonna talk about it anymore (at least not for 3 years.)

15. rj rl

rj rl multidimensionally dyslexic

we need to go deeper :kickass:

16. GuyOne

GuyOne Member

It would be nice if this was one of those times where the band does a quick tour then goes right back into the studio to record a follow up. From the way Alexi expresses his love for this album maybe he feels he needs to continue riding on that and record more music.

Like, I'm talking better music.

17. FearTheReaper

FearTheReaper Member

Wishful thinking that they start the recording cycle sooner this time around. Maybe at the very least rehearse and write a bit from after Spring tourdates til the Summer schedule. I think the best thing for the band would be to hire a really, really good 2nd Guitarist who adds to the writing process and inspires/ pushes Alexi to write higher quality material next time around. More Melodic and Intricate than IWC

18. mutran

mutran Mutran

Call me crazy but maybe it's time to just accept the fact that they are not going to record any album with their "true" and characteristic sound.

Yes, we've seen atmospheric and great parts in HOB and IWC but it's that, just parts, they seem to definetly not returning to their roots.

I'm fine with their new music, and of course I would love to hear another FTR 2.0 than a RRF 2.0 but they are not making any crime at all, just evolving, heading new situations in their hearts and minds and that shit.

If they come up with their final record I would love to hear from their neoclassical influence to dreamy atmospheres and so on but that is their job, not ours.
    ---

The keys on Widdershins are absolutley gold, Janne could have played with that sounds through all the album...

19. GuyOne

GuyOne Member

Being overly optimistic will be my ultimate downfall.

The replacement guitarist is supposed to last the rest of the year.

As much as I am OK with this new direction... I too really hope they pick someone up who is older and has experience and can really push Alexi to the ultimate. Hopefully someone with some real melodic background.

Like Joonas has stated, there is no excitement anymore. CoB has just turned into another metal band.

20. BodomBlueBalls

The only way they should return to their roots is in the WOW factor that their old songs have. I feel like this album would have had a lot more of those polishes on its sharp corners if Roope didn't leave, not saying Alexi can't write dank as shit by himself but Bodom is the kind of band that benefits from having 2 lead guitarists.:kickass: Banned From Heaven is one of the best post HCDR songs out there, and its probably because of Roope's parts AND Alexi's, Alexi needs another scythe shredding reaper at his side and right now he's the only one, there's no one to dance in acid rain with. Oddly a lot of these riffs actually sound lonely.