This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Join the Chaos

Want to join in with the rest of the Hate Crew? Sign up today!

"I Worship Chaos" Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Children Of Bodom' started by MattK, Jun 8, 2015.

1. Hatebreeder01

Hatebreeder01 Member

In my book HoB wasn't that good either, I stopped listening to it one week after the release. They have already made more albums without their ''unique'' sound than their first three. So I've pretty much already accepted it won't go back to that, but with every album I dearly hope it will be a step in that direction. For me HoB wasn't it. In a way it doesn't feel like this is evolving, the music on their 3 first albums feel more mature than it has the past 14 years. The trashier/american-metal-influenced sound is sterile and emotionless.
    Rant over.

Either way every album they have produced contain some great song that has alot of soul, but they made me really picky or perhaps spoiled with Hatebreeder and FTR.

2. (__Joonas__)

(__Joonas__) † Followed the Reaper †

This is true. It's clear Hatebreeder and Follow the Reaper they still didn't know what they were doing in terms of sound, albeit it was perfected for a few songs and still served mightily. Once they grew in that regard they immediately started losing that sense of myth in the music. If they mimiced the old soundworld and wrote something new, it would be complete shit. Same if they just used the same technique. It doesn't work that way.

It doesn't matter that much what the soundworld is or what technique they play with, everything is about sensing the deep forces that ravage the human emotions and then transform that into music (and ultimately soundworld), while accompanying that with cool beats and wicked shredding. If you have the "empty mind", well it doesn't serve well in art, it might in sports in a way of eliminating distractions, but not in art. Of course we need to understand Alexi has already shedded his mental energy into quite a bunch of songs, how many bands you know created ten cult albums...

3. FearTheReaper

FearTheReaper Member

Hahaha yeah dude. Can't always be optimistic. Have to be a realist. Yep. Antti is only with them til the end of the year. They will have to find a replacement before the NA tour in 2016. There are plenty of options out there. Would be sick if Jesper Stromblad joined Bodom. But that probably wont happen. Daniel Freyberg would be a good fit. And it seems Tracedawn is on life support. There Guitarist, Tuomas Yli-Jaskari is 25 and is sickkkkk. Would bring some refreshing Shred ideas.

4. NewHewkas

NewHewkas Scheiße Gitarre Spieler

Guys, I think I will make a Sticker, or aquapaint to one of my guitar that "GIVE FTR BACK!", like Alexi made a text when the Randy case had went on.(free randy):D Maybe I upload it here so we can protest together ;)

5. Caiser

Caiser New Metal Member

I live in FInland, love Nightwish, Amorphis etc. However, I never really cared for Children Of Bodom. So today, just before I created an account here, I tried listen to the single "I Worship Chaos". Now I am a fan. Really like this whole album. Really nice artwork aswell as you have said over and over.

6. rj rl

rj rl multidimensionally dyslexic

Dude if you like early Amorphis you better listen to some early COB, otherwise you won't like it considering you enjoyed the new album.

7. ESA1996

ESA1996 Active Member

Heh, this is funny. Some people here have been talking about how "If I heard I Worship Chaos as my first Bodom song, I'd never listen to them again," and similar stuff. I'd recommend listening to their old stuff too. It's different, but way better IMO.

Welcome to the forum. Please stay, as it gets boring when everyone's quiet, not that it has been a problem lately.

8. BodomBlueBalls

Welcome the the Hate Crew! If you had to pick a song of I Worship Chaos which would be your favorite?

9. MattK

MattK Member

Has anyone seen the dvd that came with the cd? How is it? I love that sort of thing

10. rj rl

So I just listened to the long awaited Bananarama and what a fucking piece of fuck - Jeff Waters is nowhere to be found. I'm disappointed. The guitar tone is so much better though, ahh good old HOB days :kickass:

11. Exedo

Exedo Member

Compared to the HoB one this is pretty lame. Roughly 50% of the playtime is them doing group shots, then some small interviews and Alexi lays/sits like a wasted hipster in his car and talks about some bullshit.

12. dthmtl3

dthmtl3 Member

Not really worth it. It's only 15 minutes. Most of it is the same as the preview videos on youtube (I haven't seen them all) with the band members talking about different aspects of recording this album. The only bits of the actual recording are mostly group screams (Freiberg is in there) and a bit of Jaska. Would have loved to see more of Alexi recording guitars and hearing it in cruder form.

13. rj rl

Meanwhile the COB TV is soon to be 10 years old, think about it. Another 3-4 intervals of such length and we're all rotting in the ground, forever dead, fuck yeah :kickass:

14. ESA1996

ESA1996 Active Member

:D Not that soon I hope, at least for me.

15. Caiser

Caiser New Metal Member

Yeah, I am working on it. The new album is great for me, because it kinda creates an opportunity for transition. I have started to listen to older COB hits now (day 2 of fandom) and I like them aswell, still have the oldest stuff left though :)

16. ESA1996

ESA1996 Active Member

What have you listened to thus far?

17. Jontzgu

Jontzgu Member

He must savor it, unless he wants to end up like us after just 2 days of discovering the band :lol:

We've had it good, I mean, I've been listening to Bodom for like 10+ years, 3 of those were golden.

18. ESA1996

ESA1996 Active Member

Damn, you've been listening to them for ages! :D I began listening them in the late summer of 2010. Began reading this forum around November I think (Around the time the SKO sample's were released), and joined on the 3rd of January.

19. Jontzgu

Jontzgu Member

Yeah, time flies :D
    I begun listening to them I think it was in 2002-2004? I really don't remember how I discovered them. I think I heard them on MTV.

I remember first visiting the forum in 2005 perhaps? I started to play guitar in 2004.

20. NewHewkas

NewHewkas Scheiße Gitarre Spieler

Thanks to recall me, I've just listened to it and not bad at all, maybe it could contain more guitar melody. Yeah the tone is awesome. ;) Btw, wtf is with Jeff Waters?