This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Join the Chaos

Want to join in with the rest of the Hate Crew? Sign up today!

"I Worship Chaos" Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Children Of Bodom' started by MattK, Jun 8, 2015.

1. Sany

Sany Member

Killer SONG!

#2301 Sany, Oct 11, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2015
  2. (__Joonas__)

(__Joonas__) † Followed the Reaper †

It's a great song, maybe they could've made a good cover out of it in the FTR days when Alexi could still sing high pitch and their sound still had spirit.

They should make a cover of this song, it would get them back to the top. (Just ignore the god-awful video.)

Definitely some melodic fast techno, where they turn the saws into guitars.

#2302 (__Joonas__), Oct 11, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2015
  3. NoLimit

NoLimit New Metal Member

so i just listened to the full album japanese version.

welp.. its heavy as fuck. has the some of the same groove riffs that Halo of Blood has... some innovative stuff in there but mostly meat and potatoes. i did feel some peaks in there... also the first few solos seem very well thought out, and interestingly they don't come into the record until like the third or fourth song. not diggin the covers so much, although i know they have a bunch of fun playing them. My fav bodom cover is bed of nails

so ya. as far as new Bodom goes, i prefer Relentless the best. Curious about the meaning of the song "(my Bodom) I am the only one"

4. BodomBlueBalls

If I had to guess I'd say its about the Bodom murders. But it could be about any murder, but it's definitely about murder. :Smokedev:

5. rj rl

rj rl multidimensionally dyslexic

It's the Bodom survivor's POV on the events, with possible hints that he's the killer.

6. nxtiq

nxtiq Negro Metalhead

After a couple weeks with the album, I like it a little better than HoB. Shit definitely had to grow on me, but every song is pure crack now.

7. BodomBlueBalls

The lyrics sound like he's losing his mind. I like it.

8. BodomBlueBalls

So after playing a few "riffs" from My Bodom I've realized its actually a lot like Knuckleduster.

9. children of COB

children of COB Deadnight Drinker

After giving it a couple of weeks, I have a new favourite, and it looks like it's like that to stay: Hold Your Tongue. Happy or not, I find it amazing.

10. ESA1996

ESA1996 Member

The album has actually grown on me quite a bit which I didn't think possible. Not sure about any new favorites yet (I still think it's All for Nothing) but there are good parts throughout. The same actually happened to WIWI. The song has an awful solo, but the rest of it is pretty decent.

11. rj rl

Top tier: AFN, Horns
    Second tier: Widdershins, Suicide, My Bodom, Prayer, Tongue, I Hurt
    Shit tier: Morrigan, IWC
    ordered best to worst

12. TauSigmaNova

TauSigmaNova Member

Nah.

13. (__Joonas__)

Kinda bored already.

14. rj rl

sorry but yeah. Boring, repetitive, uninspired, weak solo, way too long, sits in the middle of an otherwise lively album, which already has two slow songs. Verdict: load of bollocks :kickass: And it sounds just as shit live.

15. Deadman5hadow

Deadman5hadow Member

This album is epic. I enjoy every single song (even IWC which is not skipped anymore).
    In previous albums i rarely go to the end (may be last ending songs were lame northpole, One bottle..). Putting a top 3 song at the end is a good strategy, but it doesn't mean the songs in the middle are weak..

16. Hatebreeder01

Hatebreeder01 Member

Can't agree one bit. I think I have done 3 full listens and have already stoped listening to it. The only song I come back to is All for Nothing which is a great one.

Sure, they did a good job with it but it's just not my cup of tea. It's too sterile.

17. ESA1996

ESA1996 Member

:D One Bottle is IMO one of the best songs on HOB. The intro riff is just damn awesome and the melody after it is also great.

Kinda my story too. 4 or 5 listens, and AFN is mostly the reason I return to it. The others are okay too, but they don't make me want to listen to the album. I'm not bored while listening to them though.

18. (__Joonas__)

From the I Worship Chaos verse melody I get the feeling your soul is trapped in a freakish doll through some dismal curse, moved merely by strings, and you can't help your faith.

With that vision the verse makes so much sense musically. There was a story on Creepypasta about your soul being stolen into a wooden doll with human skin and only your eyes, then tossed to a circus, somehow I got this mind connection.

19. ESA1996

ESA1996 Member

Heh. My opinion on the album seems to change depending on whether I'm listening to it or not. Whenever I'm listening to it I like it, whenever I'm not listening to it all I can think of is the lack of melodies and thus don't like it. :D

Horns has recently become one of the better songs on the album. It sounds like a mash up of their old songs but it's still good.

20. BodomBlueBalls

Wat?....