This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Join the Chaos

Want to join in with the rest of the Hate Crew? Sign up today!

"I Worship Chaos" Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Children Of Bodom' started by MattK, Jun 8, 2015.

1. rj rl

rj rl multidimensionally dyslexic

Blooddrunk is a good album, better than AYDY at least :kickass:

2. NewHewkas

NewHewkas Scheiße Gitarre Spieler

A few comments and we will reach the point, where it will turns out BD is the best COB album :):devil:

3. (__Joonas__)

(__Joonas__) † Followed the Reaper †

Bodom weren't bringing out their potential in those albums (AYDY, Blooddrunk), but since that their creative potential has somewhat diminished, to the point where it's a rare occasion that Alexi cares to create a diamond of a song that maintains the epic flow from start to finish. Blooddrunk has this cool rough sound, dark feeling and a climatic awareness of treading towards dark fate, I like it most out of the new albums, but it deviates from its strength by going lost in the horrible thrash shit in the verses of Blooddrunk, half the song Smilex, the awful Done With... just my opinion, but compared to what they do now, a song like One Day You Will Cry is from a different world in terms of epicness. They still have the musical ideas, but I think songs like Hellhounds, Lobodomy, ODYWC, BfH, even RKM still held it "together" in a way that has since been managed only in songs like Not My Funeral, Shovel Knockout, Halo of Blood and perhaps Morrigan. It's hard to explain but it's how I feel. It's like one long great joke opposed to four short jokes, which is better?

4. rj rl

rj rl multidimensionally dyslexic

One long vs four short is a quintessential girl question :kickass:

5. BodomBlueBalls

\[​IMG]

6. ESA1996

ESA1996 Member

If you haven't already, go give you vote in Song Survivor. I'll update it again in around 13 hours or so.

7. tonsa92

tonsa92 Member

I don't know about you guys, but I am already waiting for the next album...

8. ESA1996

ESA1996 Member

:D A long wait ahead of you...

9. (__Joonas__)

This won't last long on the setlist... sounds horrible. :( COB will be forgotten if they don't get artistic guidance. Many bands forget or can't understand what was special about them, and then fall. We can already see no-one's recording their live videos anymore or even bothering to tell when a new song is played live, and no-ones making covers of their songs anymore.

I think Alexi has started thinking about the songwriting too much from the perspective of his guitar. The rest of the band just tangles along supporting whatever riff he's onto. He used to take well into account the possibilities of using drums, the other guitar and keyboards in every second of his song composions. It's like he's reluctant to trust in the silence of 'other instruments will be here' when he's recording his ideas. His riff ideas and such are still good, but I was left missing that creativity and energy they used to have, when we felt like it was 5 members producing one song with a giant soul.

#2349 (__Joonas__), Oct 29, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2015
  10. <Arcane>

<Arcane> Active Member

Back in germany guys! During my flight home, I took the chance to listen to the album a few times again (since I haven't listened to for 3 weeks) and here is my final opinion:

It's a solid album but I think there's no really good song on it. My favourite song is Widdershins which has a great atmosphere and a cool chorus.
    I Hurt has a cool intro but the rest is... meh.
    My Bodom completely sucks.
    Morrigan is a solid song. Somewhere between not worth to listen and really good.
    Horns also sucks, but I kinda like the segue at 1:16 and the riff which comes next. But that sounds good only there.
    Prayer for the afflicted is good till 0:45. The rest is too boring.
    IWC is without any question the weakest song on the album.
    Hold Your Tongue is a solid song with a cool chorus but that's all.
    Suicide Bomber has a really good atmosphere. It could be the best song on the album if there weren't that boring verse and lame solo.
    All for nothing was cool at the beginning but after 3 listens, it's boring as fuck with lame solos.

What annoys me most is that there's again no good solo on the album. They had awesome solos on the first 4 albums but since BD Alexi only had two really good solos and both are on RRF.
    The guitar tone is ok on IWC and so are the keys, but the drums kinda suck to. Boring, repetitive, bad mixing.
    After BD, IWC their worst album till now.

I'm waiting for the next one.

11. Hatebreeder01

Hatebreeder01 Member

Same, haven't listend to this one for 2-3 weeks now and probably won't other than the occational listen to All for Nothing. I used to think of RRF as the lowpoint of CoB but no, IWC takes the spot, quite easily too.

Bring on the next one!

12. (__Joonas__)

I feel sorry for you guys if you're honestly already waiting for a next album. To me this album gives no reason to wait for another one.

It appears my time as Bodom philosopher is done. The last three albums were such anti-climax. I have my own artistic project to focus on, and with it I don't have to pray that some beer brothers care to listen what I think.

I would be more polite if the COB guys actually listened to me or at least replied here, but since they made it clear years ago they don't give a fuck, then... I see no point in being their "sincere source of feedback" if they go the opposite direction of what I think. It was exciting in the past especially as they took a few ideas from me, but with IWC they decided to fuck it, so... There's a time for everything.

13. ESA1996

ESA1996 Member

Which is?

14. Zman

Zman O.X.Y.

OMG haven't been around since the release of HoB but things haven't changed a bit. You're still a funny weirdo.
    I'm sure you did help Alexi in his songwritting, thanks to you we had great early albums ! The Hate Crew owes you big time :worship:

15. kilon

kilon I told you!

So you're going to leave this forum forever for the 10th time?

16. ESA1996

ESA1996 Member

Holy fuck, I just recognized your avatar! I've been listening to Equilibrium since 2012 after finding a comment on some Wintersun Time II Trailer video recommending them (Said comment was actually posted by you IIRC :D), but I never realized your avatar was one of their album covers!

17. MadYarpen

MadYarpen Member

Yeah, it doesn't get much better with next listens. I is not a tragedy, but I don't really like it.
    Luckily Disarmonia Mundi released album recently, so thats my melo-death fix for 2015.

18. GuyOne

GuyOne Member

I listened to a couple songs this morning on my commute to work. It was alright. I've been listening to the new Stratovarius and Amberian Dawn albums.

19. ESA1996

ESA1996 Member

Strato's album at least is already old :D Not that it ain't good. Especially My Eternal Dream, In my Line of Work and The Lost Saga are great.

20. mocobhc

mocobhc Member

The Lost Saga divides the fans at it seems, many old-school-fans don't like the lyrics. I think it's really amazing, and it's great to see them play it live.