This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Join the Chaos

Want to join in with the rest of the Hate Crew? Sign up today!

"I Worship Chaos" Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Children Of Bodom' started by MattK, Jun 8, 2015.

1. Mummy

Mummy Member

I heard that Jeff Hanneman secretly wrote the new album before he died. Any negative comments are metal heresy.

2. Mummy

Mummy Member

I also heard that Kristen Mulderig is the secret Belgian love child of Jeff and an international terrorist whom is now dead.

3. FearTheReaper

FearTheReaper Member

Exactly. I have the same reaction and feeling on the album. I I listened to it 12-15 times within 3 weeks and it never grew on me. The highlights are few and far between. Its boring, simplistic and uninspired. 2 steps back from Halo. Ha yeah thats about all anyone who actually listens to other great Melodic Death bands can say

Ahh well it'll be a new Live experience seeing them for the first time. Thats cool dude. Its definitely worth it. IWC songs aside. They are still great Live and will likely only play 3 IWC songs. I've seen them 3 times. Debating on whether or not ita worth all the money. Ticket, beer, food, merchandise money, travel money etc

4. RICJAMES

RICJAMES Member

Man nowadays I wonder how Alexi was able to create such epic masterpieces like FTR, Hatebreeder, HDCR. This feel for msuic and that talent can't disappear that easy.
    I mean seriously his comment on not beeing that melodic in the old days was that other bands did same things later. I mean, what the fuck. It's like I'd say i can't
    eat pizza anymore because there are other people who eat pizza, too. That's just bullshit. For me it's just a excuse that he lost it. His magic. No one would trade his genius
    for fucking mediocre 08/15. Arcane can say what he want, but musicially-wise, that's just boring.

5. NewHewkas

NewHewkas Scheiße Gitarre Spieler

I think he stored his magic in his RRs I can feel I'm getting better and better since I start to use mine daily ;)

Btw, as I'm listening to TON songs I would immediately buy a bass guitar.

6. Hatebreeder01

Hatebreeder01 Member

Yeah, it's gonna be cool! I would have liked to see Roope too though.

Came to think of the interview Alexi did for some German thing, where he said something about ''his inner teenager''. Well, the teenager version of Alexi composed the epic album Something Wild and he was probably still a teenager when he composed alot of the songs on Hatebreeder. That music is mature, the music on IWC is not.

It would be so much cooler if he used Jackson guitars still. Jackson really lost out on that one when they didn't provide him with new guitars. Surely they would have been able to make them in time if they gave them priority?

7. Norbix

Norbix Member

Always had this theory that Alexi's guitar tone affected his writing. His tone with this jacksons was so creamy and smooth, it begs for lead playing. Now he's going for the more low end sound that makes you wanna just chugga chugga. Ever since I upgraded from a line 6 practice amp to a real tube amp I find myself doing heavy rhythm all the time when I jam.

8. BodomBlueBalls

Lol I have a Spider IV 75 watt and I just noodle most of the time, Morrigan's intro sounds really good in Drop C BTW. I've also heard people talk mad shit about his pickup the ALX, maybe they should just make him a new pickup?

9. Deadman5hadow

Deadman5hadow Member

I stop listening IWC every 2 days, and when i listen to it again it sounds greater. I still enjoy the album. Defenitily better than HOB because i like all IWC songs unlike HOB.
    New top 3 :

1- My bodom
    2- SuicideBomber
    3- Widdershin

10. Hatebreeder01

Hatebreeder01 Member

I like one. All for Nothing. Their worst album to date.

11. ESA1996

ESA1996 Active Member

All For Nothing and Suicide Bomber are good. Prayer For The Afflicted is good but too repetitive. Some of the others have a good part or two in them but are overall somewhat lame.

12. BodomBlueBalls

I like All For Nothing but its solo/ending is like listenting to the instruments come down from heroin.

13. ESA1996

ESA1996 Active Member

The solo is good for a while but it's too long.

14. Hatebreeder01

Hatebreeder01 Member

It's a shame they didn't choose to end the elbum with the All for Nothing solo, instead they went for that crap Widdershits, shinns, Widdersomething.

15. dthmtl3

dthmtl3 Member

What's the matter with people here? Not only do they like shitty non-songs like All for Nothing, but now Widdershins is crap? WTH?

16. <Arcane>

<Arcane> Active Member

All For Nothing solos are shit and Widdershins rules. Best song on the album

17. BodomBlueBalls

They definitely need to play it live. It would make a great song at any point in the setlist.

18. (__Joonas__)

(__Joonas__) † Followed the Reaper †

They're both crap. Widdershins only got one nice part.

19. <Arcane>

<Arcane> Active Member

You mean the part from 0:01 - 3:30? Yes, I have to agree with you.

20. BodomBlueBalls

My Bodom has really grown on me. Its chuggalicious but god damn its the best vocal track Alexi has ever done.