This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Join the Chaos

Want to join in with the rest of the Hate Crew? Sign up today!

"I Worship Chaos" Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Children Of Bodom' started by MattK, Jun 8, 2015.

1. dthmtl3

dthmtl3 Member

Jooonas is that you? Swedish generic crapola death metal, no thanks.

You're giving the second guitarist too much credit. He's not going to "save" Bodom. Alexi will do whatever he wants to do. Ideally he'd pick a German, one of the guys from Centaurus-A or Cypecore, but I just don't see that happening. So maybe an American will make him feel better in his own skin so he can come out with something fantastic.

2. BodomBlueBalls

If he wants to get bigger in the west having an American guitarist would be a smart move (for that reason, not cause Americans are better guitarists).

3. ESA1996

ESA1996 Active Member

I like this. Me, perhaps? I'd totally go to the first rehearsals like "Hey, Alexi, the new stuff sucks, let's go back to the FTR style!" Then I'd get kicked from the band :D Truth is I'd never get chosen as they have too many songs I can't play (As in, they are too hard. I tend to play mostly my own stuff so I don't know how many exactly there are of those "too hard" songs, but "too many" is probably accurate).

4. Hatebreeder01

Hatebreeder01 Member

I'm starting to think more and more that Roope wasn't willing to put up with another ''teenager''-album, voices his oppinion and got labled as not willing to ''renew'' as the rest of the band.

5. ESA1996

ESA1996 Active Member

Possible. The timing would fit pretty well, as he was kicked right around the time the album was getting it's final touches before the studio work. I wish we'd hear something of him. There's been nothing since he left / got kicked.

6. Hatebreeder01

Hatebreeder01 Member

Indeed, I hope we hear from him soon and that he joins a band where imo he fits better. A band that is more oldschool metal than the direction CoB is taking. Roope is ''too metal'' (in a good way!) to play the new CoB stuff anyway. When you have Alexi you don't need to have a 2nd guitarist that has the caliber of Roope, it's just wasted talent when he should be in a band as no.1 lead. In that way Alexander was a better fit.

7. NewHewkas

NewHewkas Scheiße Gitarre Spieler

GET ALEXANDER BACK! :D:hotjump:

8. (__Joonas__)

(__Joonas__) † Followed the Reaper †

Melodic death metal has no future, I'm sorry. It was a 90's and early 2000's thing. All we have now is poseur bands who can't reach that epic level. No wise young man let alone a group of five would skip school and focus on a band in this age of downloading. Doom metal still has hope, because it takes creativity more so than technical playing skill. Future's music is really industrial metal, a genre that reigns already in sub-ground clubs. Future is definitely all about one-man-bands, and for that it has to be mostly electronic. I'm thinking about real instruments / computerized hybrid music.

Stuff like this, only with guitars added, and possibly more natural drums and ancient instruments.

While we still live, I'm sure there will exist such band that will focus on making epic Bodom covers in this whole different soundworld, maybe in 20 years or so. Our kids will listen to it in their twenties and think of us as incredibly old-school dinosaurs for having lived and breathed and actually witnessed the original Bodom.

#2428 (__Joonas__), Nov 16, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2015
  9. ESA1996

ESA1996 Active Member

What are you doing here dude? You have yet to post a single post that is not completely off-topic.

10. Jontzgu

Jontzgu Member

11. P4T0U

P4T0U Member

Holy shit. I just realized Bodom played at Le Bataclan a week before the djihadist attacks on Paris.

12. ESA1996

ESA1996 Active Member

Le Bataclan was the place where they attacked on the Eagles of Death Metal gig? Damn. One might describe that as a close call.

13. ESA1996

ESA1996 Active Member

Delilot?

14. BodomBlueBalls

Calm your tits brah.

15. <Arcane>

<Arcane> Active Member

Drunk posts are always good for a laugh :D Or are you serious?

16. BodomBlueBalls

It would nice to see Bodom take more than a year to write an album. Rush took for ever as they got older to write albums, and most bands don't release albums as quickly in succession as Bodom does. Disarmonia Mundi took like 3 years with their new album. I guess metal bands age quick nowadays. If Alexi spent 2-3 years on the album instead of 1 he might be able to reach that FTR HCDR level again.

17. (__Joonas__)

(__Joonas__) † Followed the Reaper †

^Yep, I kinda sense they've become about 1 song with the last three albums. Shovel, Halo and Morrigan. Well, it's about over now. They're too stuck up in their pride to listen to advice.

Funny to realize tho, the song Alexi did for Helsinki, it included two riffs and two melodies that would've made IWC so much better if he included them on the album instead.

18. ESA1996

ESA1996 Active Member

The guy is a total troll. Every single on of his posts is bullshit. :lol:

19. ESA1996

ESA1996 Active Member

I don't fight mummies. They're scary ;)

20. BodomBlueBalls

I fucking know. Like bro that's his own intellectual property nobody would have batted an eyelash if Alexi had any of those riffs on IWC. Probably would have strengthened the album. Throw a guitar solo on IWC even just making it a dual solo would have been cool.