This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Join the Chaos

Want to join in with the rest of the Hate Crew? Sign up today!

"I Worship Chaos" Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Children Of Bodom' started by MattK, Jun 8, 2015.

1. (__Joonas__)

(__Joonas__) † Followed the Reaper †

He played them once for a lame audience who didn't give a fuck in the first place, and the song didn't even have a name. His ego is ruining things, it's more and more about Alexi instead of Bodom.

2. dthmtl3

dthmtl3 Member

There's no going back, and thankfully not to FTR. Forget about it. The question is about going forward. But I do suspect that the next album will be more along the lines of HOB, instead of a progression of IWC. Or if we're lucky something along the lines of HCDR.

What's the word on sales for this album? Something tells me things aren't so good. Reviews on Amazon US are all positive, but have been very slow to come in and there are at this point still only 11. If sales didn't go as expected, I suspect Alexi might have to see the need to return to a more familiar formula. And of course there's the strange lack of US tours dates at this point.

3. BodomBlueBalls

I'm not saying Alexi should write another FTR. But it would be nice if he wrote something as memorable as it. Maybe that's raising the bar too high.

4. Mummy

Mummy Member

You guys fuck your sister, but I thought she looked better as a corpse. Radiation sickness. So sad. I guess that is what happens to terrorists trying to build nuclear bombs.

5. Mummy

Mummy Member

Anyways, I hear Anonymous is going to do your job for you now. Have to find that buyer. Pretty sure I have a solid guess. It goes through Ghana.

6. <Arcane>

<Arcane> Active Member

So, since when is it possible to get banned and create a new account with the same name just a few seconds later?

SPent more time for an album is always good but don't has to be in general. (Wintersun)

7. (__Joonas__)

I don't know what they hell they were thinking when making this album. Blooddrunk was the last exciting album anyway. What they should do with their next album is make lead-oriented short, fast songs with atmospheric bridges between songs. Memorable music has always been emotions in sound format, no-one gives a fuck about generic noise and pointless notes. But I focus my creativity in my own art instead of worrying about them.

When a great name is created with a couple masterpieces, you can sell about 8-10 sequels with just the name, but eventually people start realizing it's not the same anymore and stop buying. Only reason people put up with these uninspiring last albums is because they come from the same source as the cult albums did back in the day. Well at least they haven't sold their name to a bunch of American faggots behind big money, haha.

But what is peculiar to watch is artists who don't understand themselves what was great about their art, they're too close to see it. Then they wanna do something different when they just invented the recipe for greatness, and then they start becoming shit. It's like F1 changing to shitty engines and shitty race tracks and wondering why there's no-one coming to the venues. It's okay if you want more overtaking and less fatalities in motor sport, but at what cost? It's okay if a band wants to change sound and style with each album, but at what cost? I go where the emotion is, and if I'm not sensing emotion but rather some superficial shit then I'm out to do something else.

8. Mummy

Mummy Member

You can'trust ban me anymore. Speaking of bain. Your hair is the color of a bad tan, Arcane! What did you do- perm and bleach in the same day? Rofl your hair looks like a clown wig!!!!

9. Mummy

Mummy Member

Oh shit, dude, now you'really getting arrested for doing dope and giving a bj in the Walmart parking lot! How low can she go?!??

10. NewHewkas

NewHewkas Scheiße Gitarre Spieler

Btw, we will participate on the european football championship! :kickass: Rune, you suck!:D Nah:) I'm not really into any kind of sports and sports radicalism, as well. Just sometimes play volleyball for hobby. I haven't even seen the match. But I'm really happy, that we could do it again after 44 years, I have never thought it will happens in my lifetime.:guh:
    Bet, after this event your Ferrari-red RR would costs for me not 500 but min. 750€ :loco:

11. Mummy

Mummy Member

Ok. I will be nice. You can get a toner. Don'the color again. It will fall out. You want ash toner. And then you need clairol shimmer lights shampoo and conditioner. It will gradually remove the brass.

12. <Arcane>

<Arcane> Active Member

So, the album is out almost 8 weeks... here are my top 3 moments:

1. First bridge of Widdershins + first chorus

2. The part in Horns from 1:16 - 1:35

3. Chorus of Hold Your Tongue

Sadly there's nothing more where I could say: yes, that's awesome.

13. NewHewkas

...and if you read the newest interview in the Interviews topic, we will not really shout "that's awesome!" to a fresh Bodom song, any more.:(

14. RICJAMES

RICJAMES Member

I guess it's slowly going to end. 2-3 Years a last record,
    a last tour and Alexi will found a Metalcore or a Glam Rock band which already happened.

The whole situation reminds me of a Interview with Matt Tuck from Bullet For My Valentine.
    He said that soon Bullet will end because he has grown up and don't have this trong feelings anymore,
    the hate, the aggression when he was younger. And I guess it's the same with Alexi and COB.
    He has also grown up and, well, there is no teenager in Alexi anymore.
    I noticed that a few times the last 1-2 years that there isn't any passion anymore in Alexi.

15. <Arcane>

<Arcane> Active Member

I'm not sure as Alexi said, they all found some new energy and passion (wasn't that one of the reasons Roope left)? A new guitarist in 2016, shit load of tours, ... I think - if Bodom will ever stop making music during the next 5 years - it's because of Alexi. Maybe the other guys will see how lame his playing and songwriting is, maybe because he want to leave to L.A., maybe because of his stupid hat... who knows

RICJAMES likes this.
  16. (__Joonas__)

"Grown up, no more strong feelings" ?

This just means being lost in the fog of trivial life and forgetting the emotions...

The anger... the longing... the sorrow... the depression... the terror... the beauty... the people who's idea of "growing up" is to forget all this, that's exactly the way you should not grow up. It's just their defence mechanism of realizing they've become nothing special since the youth days and are living hollow lives. Yes you should become more independent on others, but man, the world is full of anger, sorrow and beauty, and if you aren't in the mental frame to play that game, PLEASE FUCK OFF from music industry.

17. dthmtl3

dthmtl3 Member

I'm sure there's some truth to that. The energy of youth is lost. The odd thing is that fans grow older too and yet don't manage to get over whatever musical phase they're stuck in and demand that the band also get stuck in a period. Not gonna happen. Unless we're talking about Cannibal Corpse, Bolt Thrower, or Obituary.

I don't think emotions are the only source of good music. You can be cerebral and come up with great music. But if all you want is atmosphere then I hear that young kids get all emotional and teary-eyed listening to black metal for some reason.

If IWC is some transitional album or experimental album, I can be on board with that. I get tired of high-pitched wankery and it looks like Alexi did too, which is why he chose to do cool stuff with lower notes. Perhaps he challenged himself, given that he must have small hands, he chose to do stuff that requires extending his fingers quite a bit.

18. NewHewkas

Maybe if you are in the same age as the band you could move on with them. But I think lots of their today fans were kids, as I was, when they made their golden albums, so I, ESA, iPot maybe Arcane etc can't live trough a 36-37-year-old-guy's situation, because we are nearly as old as Alexi was when he wrote FTR-HCDR (ESA is, when he wrote SW:D), so yeah, we are in late :)

#2458 NewHewkas, Nov 23, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2015
  19. mrKRB64

mrKRB64 Member

It is a terrible album by their standards but I'm glad Alexi tried a different tuning instead of the mainly drop C stuff he was doing for countless albums. As someone said though- I wonder if Roope was let go because he said something about the music.

20. BodomBlueBalls

I'd like to believe that he just decided to leave of his own accord. It's entirely possible that Roope didn't like the change to Drop B/ C standard. Or wanted to do more "high pitched wankery" but lets not forget that high pitched wankery made CoB as big as it is. IWC is good to me because it does try a lot of new things, a completely new outlook on vocals, some riffs are little more than spidering as much as god damn possible, and more repetition. Not all of these are good changes. He plays certain riffs too much, and too many of them not enough. Keys don't play as much of a role in all the songs. A lot less solos but Widdershins, Horns, and My Bodom have good solos. I Hurt should have had a solo considering how repetitive the song actually is. Everyone hates IWC the track but I like it, yeah its a hot mess but it is very Alexi and gets my blood pumping every time I always skip Prayer and go straight to this song from Horns.