This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Join the Chaos

Want to join in with the rest of the Hate Crew? Sign up today!

"I Worship Chaos" Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Children Of Bodom' started by MattK, Jun 8, 2015.

1. DarkObsession

DarkObsession New Metal Member

@Joonas I am only speculating but I think it is about life struggles. "Three of us walked away, two of us saw yesterday", maybe about somebody who was ready to end it all, who wasn't capable to move on and saw his only hope in (maybe) killing himself while his two friends or whatever suceeded in life and saw the future here probablly reffered as "yesterday". Also the line "I need you you far away from me, I want you closer to me" reminds me of the Borderline symptom of abandomnent fear but not being able to have close relationships. But yeah I'm only speculating and I'm not a expert in this topic but it kind of seems logic to me since I read a bit about it.

2. (__Joonas__)

(__Joonas__) † Followed the Reaper †

Yeah or intimacy disorder. Because often the lyrics' subjects are not specified and instead referred to as 'you' or whatever, they can be deemed symbolic and given whatever purpose we can reflect to, such as god, a woman or a drug or an offender.

3. MadYarpen

MadYarpen Member

I see the hate for IWC is still strong here.
    Recently I've been driving a lot and I was really enjoying listening to the record. I still skip 2 songs more ofren than not, but overall the album has really grown on me. Suicide bomber and withershins are superb songs. IWC is great to. Also, I didn't have time to try it, but a lot of riffs sounds like fun to play.

Of course it is not their best album, but I also think it is not the worst. I suppose I'll be coming back to it more often than to BD.

IMO some of drumming is very good, which is worth mentioning. Alexi did good with vocals too.

4. (__Joonas__)

It's interesting in its own ways, but still the reality is Relentless and Chaos are incredibly disappointing when expecting a successor to the band's legendary albums. It always depends what the comparison point is. This band needs to do soul searching, focus on their true elements and forget everything else. They should be all about dark atmosphere, brutal riffing, unique lead melodies, unison solos, orchestral hits, black metal vocals and immense speed created to form songs vastly dense in musical information.

5. rj rl

rj rl multidimensionally dyslexic

The record is fine when your attention is elsewhere - on the road e.g. If you try to concentrate on the music, as it should be fucking done with good music, it becomes a drag. My experience anyway.

6. NewHewkas

NewHewkas Scheiße Gitarre Spieler

I barely listen to their newest album nowadays so dull only a few interesting riffs and melodies, mostly the beginning of I hurt and AFN, Widdershins also HYT on the better days.

7. MadYarpen

MadYarpen Member

It is easy to get a speeding ticket with suicide bomber, btw!

It may well be the case, as that's how I was listening to the record recently.
    However, I still think Withershins is one of their best songs.

8. (__Joonas__)

Last week at the gym some bitch didn't look me in the eyes so I looped Suicide Bomber from the speakers behind her treadmill until she had to go away. One doesn't simply not look me in the eyes.

9. NewHewkas

So raw, the show of man power! Please, excuse me but I have to certainly: :rofl:

10. (__Joonas__)

11. NewHewkas

You showed her you are the man in the house :p and for the second sentence you have ro dissolve the acronym "rofl" I have to certainly roll on the floor laughing :p

#2551 NewHewkas, Aug 20, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2016
  12. (__Joonas__)

c00l nyc. You better teach the chicks some respect before they take over everything.

13. CharIie

CharIie Moss

The scream at 2:20 on I worship chaos still gives me chill though. The more I listen to this album, the more "complete" it sounds to me. It's still slowly making its way to my favorite cob album. I don't think it will ever take over HCDR, but it's probably my 3rd fav after HCDR and SW (and yeah, I love FTR but I don't consider it half as good as SW).

14. Boldizar

Boldizar New Metal Member

I have not seen anything about this elsewhere but it bugs the shit out of me; Why is there no bass guitar on this album? Or can anyone point to one instance where it is actually audible? I am fairly certain it isn't actually present. During the making of DVD there is one part where Laiho and Wirman are discussing the bass' sound and it sounds like something isn't working but it is just random footage.

15. ESA1996

ESA1996 Active Member

You serious? :D Listen to All For Nothing. Not too hard to hear during the verses.

Also, don't know if you've ever tried recording / mixing anything but I can tell you that the difference between a song without bass and a song with a bass mixed so low you can't hear it is VERY easy to hear.